Nindies Showcase Confirmed for March 20th

Switch Logo_N.png

Following the Nintendo Direct last week, Nintendo have announced a Nindies showcase for the 20th of March. [prebreak]1[/prebreak]Highlighting indie titles headed for the Nintendo Switch, it'll be live from 9am PT (12pm ET) at live.nintendo.com, or at the YouTube link below. What titles are you hoping to hear about? Could we finally have a release date for the much anticipated Wargroove? Let us know your thoughts below.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Do you really want to generalize that? Quality control obviously gets undermined if every freemium sudoku or 2048 clone gets a switch port, but there

So you think up to 10% don't know what "independent" means? :unsure:
what? no.. I mean that 10% of those are Switch exclusive while the other 90% already came out on other consoles or PC(or both).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
what? no.. I mean that 10% of those are Switch exclusive while the other 90% already came out on other consoles or PC(or both).
And why exactly would small independent studios want to sign exclusivity clauses for the switch? The console is very popular, but more platforms mean more sales. And since small exclusive games that aren't by Nintendo aren't going to convince anyone to buy a switch, ninty isn't going to pay much for keeping a game exclusive to their system.

As such, I'm thinking like Xzi: 10% exclusives would be pretty optimistic.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
10% is probably generous for any platform's exclusives now, third-party exclusives are dying. That's not really a bad thing, though.
It kinda is a bad thing for Nintendo. In making their consoles unique, they open the doors to exclusive games that want to use these features and thrive. I don't really see much point in exclusivity to the other two consoles though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
didnt they show beyond god and evil 2 but no word since? what about the one with the boy and his dog?
they did at e3 but it was a wierd ass trailer on ubisfot conference that didnt looked anything like beyond good or evil original game lol.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not that anyone still cares, but here's my indy wishlist that might actually convince me of getting a switch:

-into the breach
-pyre
-Ori and the blind forest (yeah, I know: microsoft isn't going to allow it. I wishlist it anyhow)
-cook, serve, delicious 2 (okay...for this one, I pretty much know for sure it's not going to happen. At least not until the PS4 port is out the door)
-hollow knight
-cuphead
-tooth and tail
-superhot
-subnautica
-patchwork & cottage garden (yes, these are mobile games...based on board games, no less. But they don't have hidden information, are family friendly and are miles above the average quality of mobile games).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not that anyone still cares, but here's my indy wishlist that might actually convince me of getting a switch:

-into the breach
-pyre
-Ori and the blind forest (yeah, I know: microsoft isn't going to allow it. I wishlist it anyhow)
-cook, serve, delicious 2 (okay...for this one, I pretty much know for sure it's not going to happen. At least not until the PS4 port is out the door)
-hollow knight
-cuphead
-tooth and tail
-superhot
-subnautica
-patchwork & cottage garden (yes, these are mobile games...based on board games, no less. But they don't have hidden information, are family friendly and are miles above the average quality of mobile games).
cuphead is microsoft exclusive so yeah not gonna happen imo.

Paradoxal Dream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cuphead is microsoft exclusive so yeah not gonna happen imo.

StudioMDHR said that they want to put the game on every PC platforms available (basically confirming eventual Mac and Linux versions) but that it will remain an Xbone console exclusive.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Into the Breach neither, FTL didn't get a console version... But it did get a mobile port years later though, so a Switch version with touchscreen support wouldn't be completely farfetched, I guess.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind double-dipping for Subnautica, so long as they get the fuckin' optimization under control. It still runs like trash on the PC, and there are portions of the game that feel unfinished.
Is it confirmed or not for Nintendo Switch?

But anyway Subnautica plays well in my PC, I7 2600K from 2011 and a RX480 flashed to 580, it runs almost in 4k good all maxed out, there's just some parts with a bit of lag when there is too much crap showing up and off course the slow loading of textures jumping in, but that's usually very common, most Unreal Engine games I ever played also have that problem, it doesn't kill the immersion 4 me because it also looks very foggy from far anyway...

In real life we would probably not even see much well at high distances under water so for the thematic of the game I don't think it matters, that would be very bad in a racing game 4 example...

I really wish they can bring it well 4 NS as I hate most games out there and I generally don't like Nintendo games ;)...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL