Nihon Falcom reveals The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel anime, won't directly adapt games

Nihon Falcom's long-running The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel JRPG series of games will be getting an anime, sort of. Announced during Falcom's 40th anniversary live stream was that there would be a TV anime series project releasing next year, based on the four Trails of Cold Steel games. UserJoy Technology, Funimation, SYOU, and NADA Holdings will be involved in the anime's creation, which won't directly adapt the games--as according to the staff, there's too much content to fit into an anime series--but it will instead cover side-stories that take place during the same time as the games, while featuring an original story.

:arrow: Source translation: Gematsu

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i highlightied my wishes on your post XD
Bit late, but I agree with most of your choices. I think we need to see though a BIT more about the SSS' actions before and leading up to the Birdcage (which we never see what happened leading up to it or anything about it). The birdcage was made out to be this big deal but we never really grasp what happened with it in detail.

I agree though I want to see some of Crow's time, how he met Vita, how he became the Azure Awakener. I want to see Rean go through his paces between CS2 and CS3 to become the reliable Sensei. And god I'd love to see Vandyk and Cassius come to blows at least once.

Funimation, rip, ofc the cancer of anime industry would be involved...

...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Reactions: ZeroFX

InstructoRean

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Very nice, Trails of Cold Steel games are very special to me, so an anime that is taking place in that world is definitely something I'd watch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...