Trails of Cold Steel IV will be getting a localized release this fall

Get ready to finish the story of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series, with the announcement of Trails of Cold Steel IV's localization. NIS America will be bringing the game west, for release later this fall, where it'll be a timed PlayStation 4 exclusive. Then, later on in 2021, Trails of Cold Steel IV will be ported to both PC and the Nintendo Switch.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Monkey's paw.

"I sure hope we get Trails of Cold Steel 3+4 localized"

NISA: Say no more. Trials of Kold Stel will be translated flawlessly.

:cry:

(I am happy though, that we're getting it in English at all, don't get me wrong...but this was like, XSEED's thing. Kills me they're not translating the series anymore)

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel, The Legend of Heroes: Trails...

I'm confused as fucc.

It's pretty simple ... There is a big continent with multiple countries and a powerful shadow organisation is planning something BIG all over the whole ass continent. Every Trails game has a focus on a country where shit goes down.

The three Trails in the sky games focus on Kingdom A (not using the actual name to keep it simple)

The Trails of Cold Steel games focus on very big Empire B

Trails of Zero and Trails of the Azure focus on Puffer State C

Trails of Zero, Trails in the Sky 3rd and Trails of Cold Steel 1 happen at the same time
after that
Trails of the Azure and Trails of Cold Steel 2 also happen at the same too

And in all of them, the heroes have to fight the same evil organisation ... one of it's members is a Phantom Thief that shows up in every single title so far....

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty simple ... There is a big continent with multiple countries and a powerful shadow organisation is planning something BIG all over the whole ass continent. Every Trails game has a focus on a country where shit goes down.

The three Trails in the sky games focus on Kingdom A (not using the actual name to keep it simple)

Trails of Zero, Trails in the Sky 3rd and Trails of Cold Steel 1 happen at the same time
after that

And in all of them, the heroes have to fight the same evil organisation ... one of it's members is a Phantom Thief that shows up in every single title so far....

Holy shit, it crosses over with Persona!? ;)

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like that we're still waiting for the third one and people are somehow believing this. It's like when I photoshopped a Belve 12 logo for a friend's joke. I didn't have to do a crappy voiceover for a video though.

Real talk though, that's *three April fools jokes in a few days, when does this site become reputable again?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
3 just got released, and this news comes on April foods day. Nice try.
Again, just because it's the first of April, doesn't mean every company is trolling. Maybe actually, again, check the source.
I like that we're still waiting for the third one
...what?

Listen, I know it sucks that XSEED lost the rights to translate 3, but NISA picking it up doesn't mean it didn't exist lol.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-ps4/

people are somehow believing this

Maybe that's because it's...oh, I don't know, real?

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv-limited-edition-ps4

Also, if you check the video in the OP, you'll see it's from the official PlayStation account. So, like, I guess PlayStation really got us all so good with their joking, yknow, about a small-time JRPG series that most westerners wouldn't even understand as a big deal. Trails of Cold Steel IV getting a localization is the best joke Sony could come up with. Yep, super fake. I feel so played.

*three April fools jokes in a few days,
Please tell me what the other two posts are, because I'd be willing to tell you how you're mistaken there as well. There was one and only one april fools post on this site lol.

Reactions: Deleted User

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, just because it's the first of April, doesn't mean every company is trolling. Maybe actually, again, check the source.

...what?

Listen, I know it sucks that XSEED lost the rights to translate 3, but NISA picking it up doesn't mean it didn't exist lol.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-ps4/

Maybe that's because it's...oh, I don't know, real?

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1245455902204977157

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iv-limited-edition-ps4

Also, if you check the video in the OP, you'll see it's from the official PlayStation account. So, like, I guess PlayStation really got us all so good with their joking, yknow, about a small-time JRPG series that most westerners wouldn't even understand as a big deal. Trails of Cold Steel IV getting a localization is the best joke Sony could come up with. Yep, super fake. I feel so played.

Please tell me what the other two posts are, because I'd be willing to tell you how you're mistaken there as well. There was one and only one april fools post on this site lol.

All right, I looked into it, and there is too much information on the internet purporting this is real. I'm legitimately surprised. As are many people in the comment sections of Twitter and YouTube. Turns out, many, many people think that this is an April Fools Joke. Slightly unprofessional voice-over and an April 1st announcement were both terrible ideas apparently. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway the Hotel Mario post was an April Fools joke; also, a pretty funny and innocuous one. The Dragon's Lair one was the other "real" thing I was dismissing. That one comes from higher than the temp though, but I posted in that thread that the purported Indiegogo was for a different project than what was listed and that project's page makes no mention of this; which a real project would proudly do. Plus the usage of Detective Pikachu's voice just strains credulity.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been tempted to get into the cold trail series. Might be a good time to start soon after P5R.

Another jrpg I would like to see on the nsw is Tokyo Xanadu EX. Another falcom game which is a perfect fit for nsw.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...is the "cold steel" referring to weapons and war machines and stuff, and you're following a tank's tread marks, or is it an actual path of low-temperature iron alloy?
I always understood it had to do with Erebonia's focus on Trains. Or mayhaps on the fact Erebonia was heavy on industrialization compared to other countries (Sky was based on Liberl - which had a focus on its airship technology; Zero/Azure were based namewise around Crossbell and it's... I wanna say "God Blessing" is traits; so likewise Cold Steel would probably be based on its location+industrialization).

after that

Sky 3rd occurs an indeterminable bit BEFORE Zero/CS1. Reasoning being that two characters who appear in 3rd are already searching from a character whom they were seperated from in 3rd. I think Akatsuki occurs closer to Zero than Third, but that game's in a plot aneurism far as I'm aware _._.

Last edited by VartioArtel,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I always understood it had to do with Erebonia's focus on Trains. Or mayhaps on the fact Erebonia was heavy on industrialization compared to other countries (Sky was based on Liberl - which had a focus on its airship technology; Zero/Azure were based namewise around Crossbell and it's... I wanna say "God Blessing" is traits; so likewise Cold Steel would probably be based on its location+industrialization).
Oh, so it's train tracks the player's following. Whilst Sky had players following airships and Zero/Azure had them following religion(?).
Good to know; I have no clue regarding anything about the series.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so it's train tracks the player's following. Whilst Sky had players following airships and Zero/Azure had them following religion(?).
Good to know; I have no clue regarding anything about the series.
Not so much religion.

The world at large believes in Aidolos, the Goddess. 1,200 years prior, the great collapse happened, and the Goddess' Blessings, the Sept-Terrions, disappeared all for different reasons over the next few hundred years. There's 1 sept-terrion for each of the Sepith elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Mirage, Time, Space), and each major country has relations to at least one of these Sept-Terrions.

Minor to major spoilers below, read at your own risk:

The unique traits of Crossbell's Sept-Terrion, the Sept-Terrion of Mirage, can be broken into the fact it doesn't exist at all anymore (willed itself out of existance), and the color Blue (Azure), given reference to the theme related to it. Because it doesn't exist anymore or so I understand, it's also sometimes referred to as the Sept-Terrion of Zero.

I haven't played into Crossbell, but that's basically how I've understood it.

Meanwhile, Liberl's Sept-Terrion, the Aureole, is stored in a giant city capable of flying in the sky.

The Sept-Terrions of Fire and Earth no longer exist, having long since fused into The Sept-Terrion of Steel, which has grown 'cold' one could say.

Last edited by VartioArtel,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Sintrial09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

after that

Impossible. Zero starts 1 month after 3rd has concluded.

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Impossible. Zero starts 1 month after 3rd has concluded.

That doesn't make sense ... Estelle and Joshua were in Crossbell when 3rd occurs and in Zero you see them arrive in Crossbell .... not that it matters all that much, considering the content of 3rd ... I really disliked that it was just a glorified Lore dump ..... even though some parts were quite interesting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1