Nexus Mods increases premium membership cost and removes its lifetime membership option

nexus_sites.jpg

Nexus Mods, a popular website that hosts mods for over 1300 console and PC games, is restructuring their premium memberships. While the site is available to use for free to anyone, the premium membership allows users to browse the site ad-free, have a bigger private message box, and have uncapped download speeds. While any purchase would unlock lifetime access to the first two benefits (their account would be marked as a "supporter"), the uncapped download speeds needed to be renewed regularly, or could be purchased permanently for £49.99 (the "premium" users, separate from the supporters).

However, on August 3, Nexus Mods will no longer offer the option to purchase a lifetime subscription, and will no longer grant purchasers the supporter designation that gives lifetime access to the ad-free site or bigger PM box. They will also be removing the option to renew your premium membership for 3 or 6 months, leaving only two purchase choices: monthly, billed at £4.99/month, or yearly, billed at £49.99/year. They will still, however, continue to fulfill the benefits for those in the supporter category or those who have a lifetime premium membership, so if you'd like to gain permanent access to Nexus Mods' premium experience, you've only got two weeks left to do so.

:arrow: Source

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates from source:
*We intend to explore the option to automatically give Premium membership to mod authors who hit a threshold of unique downloads each month, this threshold is still to be confirmed. This is not going to happen in the short term and will be sometime after the pricing update. We'll update you all on this once we know how this is going to work.

*We have decided to continue to offer the Lifetime Premium service exclusively to mod authors via the Donation Points store. The price will be staying at 51,500DP for now. We may alter some of the fixed-term options once the new system launches

Last edited by osaka35,

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Was pretty surprised to see Nexus Mods on the FP. Kinda shitty move, but to be fair though, doesn't every other service that does some kind of hosting not provide a one time payment either?

If for some reason this is due to lack of funds, which I very highly doubt, they could at least provide something like one time bandwidth payments for a certain amount of GB to download at full speed. That would be better than this.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Wait... so your saying my current lifetime Premium will be gone in August for a monthly sub?

They will still, however, continue to fulfill the benefits for those in the supporter category or those who have a lifetime premium membership, so if you'd like to gain permanent access to Nexus Mods' premium experience, you've only got two weeks left to do so.

Read.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Times they are a-changing, publishers are starting to frown upon game mods*, C&D and takedown notices are flying, maybe Nexus Mods needs money for lawyers? :tpi:

*Because publishers have this weird penchant for killing off communities and efforts and projects that attract attention to their games and provide free publicity, go figure.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Times they are a-changing, publishers are starting to frown upon game mods*, C&D and takedown notices are flying, maybe Nexus Mods needs money for lawyers? :tpi:

*Because publishers have this weird penchant for killing off communities and efforts and projects that attract attention to their games and provide free publicity, go figure.
Yeah thats usually the case behind Patreon mods takedown (Capcom/Nintendo). Wouldn't be surprised if Nexus getting the same treatment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge