OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_zeldazep.jpg

In an interview with Britain's The Guaridan, Zelda director Eiji Aonuma has given a none-too-subtle hint that the upcoming Wii entry in the series may feature, for the first real time in a Zelda game, flight.

"I have an eight-year-old son myself at home, and quite recently he started playing The Phantom Hourglass for DS, because when the software first hit the market he was too young" he says. "When he started playing with the boat, I told him: 'In the next Zelda, you are going to be able to ride on the train.' He answered: 'OK, Dad, first boat, and then train? Surely next time, Link is going to fly in the sky ... '"

Apparently having said that, he lets slip a big grin, before adding "I just don't know. If many people make many speculations ... some of them might be correct. Right now, I have to refrain from commenting on anything."

Now, this is Nintendo. He could just be messing with you/me. And probably is. But with Twlight Princess having some sci-fi elements to it, and with Spirit Tracks featuring trains, the sight of a Hylian dirigible wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.
Source.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like Zelda is becoming more and more of a RPG without RPG gameplay.

What I mean is that RPG's and the technology in game have never made any fucking sense. So, you're riding a goddamn giant chicken, I mean Chocobo, yet you can invent a giant fucking airship to fly in? What ever happened to just making a bicycle? It's like in Chrono Trigger. Why are there still traditional swords lying around in 2400 AD (I think that was the year)? They' made robots and stuff but couldn't go Luke Skywalker on their ass and make some lightsabers? As for Zelda, it started as good ol' medievil times. Swords, horses, those little mud and wood huts, you know the deal. Then they introduced a boat with a cannon. Then they made a train. Now an airship? C'mon, Hyrule doesn't even have crappy muskets or anything.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
It looks like Zelda is becoming more and more of a RPG without RPG gameplay.

What I mean is that RPG's and the technology in game have never made any fucking sense. So, you're riding a goddamn giant chicken, I mean Chocobo, yet you can invent a giant fucking airship to fly in? What ever happened to just making a bicycle? It's like in Chrono Trigger. Why are there still traditional swords lying around in 2400 AD (I think that was the year)? They' made robots and stuff but couldn't go Luke Skywalker on their ass and make some lightsabers? As for Zelda, it started as good ol' medievil times. Swords, horses, those little mud and wood huts, you know the deal. Then they introduced a boat with a cannon. Then they made a train. Now an airship? C'mon, Hyrule doesn't even have crappy muskets or anything.

Well, The Legend of Zelda Windwaker takes place after Hyrule (Phantom Hourglass take place in the same time period as Windwaker), but this one is apparently quite a few years (maybe centuries) after tLoZ:WW/PH. So they must have made some sort of technological advancements (same as in modern days)?

QUOTE(shakirmoledina @ Nov 27 2009, 01:10 PM) interesting maybe we might even have skypirates...
what else after flight? underground?

Wasn't Tetra a pirate in WW?

Space
ph34r.gif

But in all seriousness I don't know.
wink.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Sterl500 said:
Wasn't Tetra a pirate in WW?

Yeah, just not a sky or butt version. I think she gives up pirating after Wind Waker, though. Sorry, I haven't beaten Wind Waker yet.

Yea she does, though my point was they did actually have pirates on WW (and PH if I am not mistaken). So really it's not a far cry from sky pirates.
wink.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not surprised, seeing as they have always somehow made these kind of things work (Though to be fair, we haven't played Spirit Tracks yet). At least it reduces ground travel, which gets pretty boring after awhile since the only way to move fast was on a horse, and you usually don't get it until late into the game.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
All I want for the handheld zeldas (besides the classic top-down view and gridy map) is the Roc's Feather!!!!! Maybe even the next console zelda as well should have a jumping ability (except backwards).

Though I'm not much into these transportation gimmicks right now :/ sailing was tedious in WW and PH, and by the looks of it: ST train riding doesn't look all that fun either. I just wanna run around !
biggrin.gif

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChaosBoi said:
I'm not surprised, seeing as they have always somehow made these kind of things work (Though to be fair, we haven't played Spirit Tracks yet). At least it reduces ground travel, which gets pretty boring after awhile since the only way to move fast was on a horse, and you usually don't get it until late into the game.

the horse rides gave the first 3d zelda oot a lot of its charme, though the ways were long and it took a time to get from one place to another it gave an impression of how great the gamesworld was and made a lot of fun as i think:. in twilight princess this became more apparent since the world was bigger than in oot:.
don't think that a flight would be neccessary to make travel faster in the game, because there were already other ideas used, like birdsflight (alttp) (oot) (tp), teleportation (mm) (oot) (ww), but with a flight the world could be created larger and more authentic:. but we didn't realy know how this idea, if at all, would be realised by nintendo:.
if the flights would be implemented like the boats trip in windwaker or phantom hourglass, including a big loss of mobility and substance, it would be better to let it unrealised:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: