Hacking Next M3 FW Fixes (g6team Please Read)

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vergency said:
Hi, I'm having problems with Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I'm at the part right after you complete the whole ranger school and am assigned to the ranger base. The Tim newspaper guy reqruits me on a Quest to capture his agitated Miltank. Everytime after I capture the Miltank and receive the Grass Defense powerup, right after receiving the powerup, the screen turns black and stays that way, but the music keeps playing. I press every button but nothing happens. So I restart my DS and same result everytime, on both Sakura and TouchPod. I'm using M3 DS Real (from EchoStore) on DS Lite with no cheats enabled and no Soft Reset enabled.

TIA

Hmmm...that's weird...I never got that problem when I played Shadows of Almia. Try one/all of the following things:

1. Try switched to Sakura 1.35
2. Get a different version of the rom (for example if you have the europe version get the USA version, the version I use is USA and it worked perfectly)
3. Try redownloading the rom from a different site, some roms may be ripped/dumped (whichever you would prefer to think it as) incorrectly.

Vergency

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Hmmm...that's weird...I never got that problem when I played Shadows of Almia. Try one/all of the following things:

2. Get a different version of the rom (for example if you have the europe version get the USA version, the version I use is USA and it worked perfectly)
3. Try redownloading the rom from a different site, some roms may be ripped/dumped (whichever you would prefer to think it as) incorrectly.

1. I am on 1.35, that's how I have both Sakura and TouchPod (hold A during startup to switch between them).
2. I have USA VENOM ROM (what do you have?)
3. *snip

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vergency said:
DeltaBurnt said:

1. I am on 1.35, that's how I have both Sakura and TouchPod (hold A during startup to switch between them).
2. I have USA VENOM ROM (what do you have?)
3. *snip

1. I knew that, but I mean to upgrade to 1.35 thinking you hadn't already.
2. I have the USA Xenophobia version, try getting that one. (Google)
3. Yah I can't really tell, but I'll tell you I didn't get it from the site you mentioned.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, now it's getting really ridiculous. There are just a few days remaining and we have a full month without any M3 Real update.
Other FlashCards have already got their second or third!

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dsrules said:
Xirix said:
Current firmware seems to disable usage of cheat codes requiring Button Input. If this could be fixed for the new firmware that would be brilliant.
smile.gif
I don't think so...what codes did you used?

in Touchpod (not Sakura), when I use usercheat.dat and choose the cheats I want to use then puch B to go back, the M3Reall freezes when using SDHC Microsd cards (tried 2 different SDHC microsd and the same thing happened) but it works fine on a 512mb microsd.

g6team, is this a bug on SDHC microsd cards in the firmware?

That's odd, I tested with the SDHC going back and forth in the cheat menu pressing B haven't had any freezing issue yet.

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dsrules said:
sometimes, they don't see all the posts about games that has problems here
it might be better to email them about it and also provide them your save file on where the problem on occurs
It's better to start a new thread stating the issue.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
g6team said:
That's odd, I tested with the SDHC going back and forth in the cheat menu pressing B haven't had any freezing issue yet.
are you using usrcheat.dat and this only happens in Touchpod 4.3a, you need to check (tick) the cheats then push B to go back..it freezes after seeing Saving

Update: okay, I test it abit more, some games works and some games don't..this is the same for both regular microsd and microSDHC
tested with these games:
The World Ends With You, Ultimate Mortal Kombat doesn't work
Contra 4, Dragon Ball Z Super Sonic works
all (U) versions

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slow-Motion seems to be completely borked in this release. Well, at least for me.
Either with Sakura 1.35, or the included TouchPod, Slow-Motion just causes games to completely pause.

Has anyone else encountered this? It does this for *every* title in my collection, which is extensive.
tongue.gif

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
aphirst said:
Slow-Motion seems to be completely borked in this release. Well, at least for me.
Either with Sakura 1.35, or the included TouchPod, Slow-Motion just causes games to completely pause.

Has anyone else encountered this? It does this for *every* title in my collection, which is extensive.
tongue.gif
nope..it works fine on my side, both Sakura 1.35 2nd and Touchpod 4.3a
tested with New Super Mario Brothers (U)

I think to use slow motion, the game must support Soft Reset or RTS and it's turned ON

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aphirst said:

tongue.gif

Dito here. Slow-Mo has never worked for me for a good handful of games (read: ALL games). It just pauses the game if it does not cause it to lock up.

This problem is not exclusive to this Sakura release however. Any Touchpod version I tried failed to work.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, in NSMB Slow-Mo seems to work in the World Map, but not in actual levels. Interesting.

Hmm, it also seems to now partially work in Sonic Rush.

This must be to do with the fact I formatted my card yesterday and installed Sakura fresh - some homebrew wasn't loading so I thought that the best course of action. Go me.
tongue.gif

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried it again, it seems to actually work in New Super Mario Bros. for both regions, (U) and (E).

Anyway, in most other games it causes the described behaviour. Just try Kirby Canvas Curse, where this feature could be very handy.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
aphirst said:
Ah, in NSMB Slow-Mo seems to work in the World Map, but not in actual levels. Interesting.
it works for me in the World Map and inside the Levels

QUOTE(powered_by_tux @ Apr 7 2009, 10:22 AM) Anyway, in most other games it causes the described behaviour. Just try Kirby Canvas Curse, where this feature could be very handy.
I'll try Kirby later and see what happens....

Update: Kirby pauses when activate Slow Mo (old firmwares or new firmware)..so, I guess it works in some games only and not that many people uses it or complaint to them about it before, they never really look into it...
for me, it would be even better if they remove that function, replace it with something else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq