OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Engelmeisterr said:
tranfeer said:
Engelmeisterr said:
I have a generally unrelated question - I am about to purchase a R4i Gold flashcart, but does it matter at this point whether or not it is a 3DS version or a non-3DS version? I would think not because the earlier version can be updated via the patch. I'm just curious as the non-3DS versions seem to be significantly cheaper.
R4i Gold released now are all 3DS versions,which can support 3DS 2.0.0-2 or NDSi 2.0.0-2.
A lot of online retailers sell the non-3DS versions a lot cheaper than the 3DS versions. The official R4i Gold 3DS website does not seem to distribute directly.
You must be sure the non-3DS cards sold by them are released by www.r4ids.cn

Engelmeisterr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tranfeer said:
Engelmeisterr said:
tranfeer said:
Engelmeisterr said:
I have a generally unrelated question - I am about to purchase a R4i Gold flashcart, but does it matter at this point whether or not it is a 3DS version or a non-3DS version? I would think not because the earlier version can be updated via the patch. I'm just curious as the non-3DS versions seem to be significantly cheaper.
R4i Gold released now are all 3DS versions,which can support 3DS 2.0.0-2 or NDSi 2.0.0-2.
A lot of online retailers sell the non-3DS versions a lot cheaper than the 3DS versions. The official R4i Gold 3DS website does not seem to distribute directly.
You must be sure the non-3DS cards sold by them are released by www.r4ids.cn
Is there any way of confirming that? I'm pretty sure any distributor can just use a stock image or claim that it's official.

tranfeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm also pretty sure the distributor can just use a stock image.
Only the official one can run the kernel downloaded from www.r4ids.cn

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should realize that the old R4i gold has stopped producing for one or two months , i dont think the retailers still have many old cards in stock, if they have ,i doubt it is from R4ids.cn site.Anyway, i think you guys should notice this question when you plan to buy a R4i gold 3DS card, just buy a 3DS card, dont get the non-3DS R4i gold , because the latest R4i gold 3DS card can support V2.0 directly , no need to update any patch , just use the wood V1.31 ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof