Hacking News:3DS 2.0.0-2 for R4i Gold Non-3ds cart is released

tranfeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
3DS 2.0.0-2 patch for R4i Gold Non-3DS carts(r4ids.cn) has been released and you can download it here:
http://filetrip.net/f25395-R4iDS-CN-Firmwa...on-2-0-0-2.html.

For R4i Gold Non-3DS flashcart users(these cards were released before 3DS), just download it and update your card to make it work on 3DS 2.0.0-2. Please read readme.txt attached before updating and do as the procedures listed in it.
You can also download it from www.r4ids.cn.

Besides, some users have complained that updated with the V1.42c patch, they still got errors when running R4i Gold 3DS cards on 3DS 2.0.0-2. If your card was ever showed as "MEET THE ROBBISION", you should make use of this patch.
Just download 3DS 2.0.0-2 patch for R4i Gold 3DS carts here:
http://filetrip.net/f25396-R4iDS-CN-Firmwa...DS-2-0-0-2.html
Please read readme.txt attached before updating and do as the procedures listed in it.
You can also download it from www.r4ids.cn.

These patchs are only for R4i Gold released by r4ids.cn.
Do not update other cards with these patch and it may brick your cards if they are not released by r4ids.cn

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t296358-r4i-gold-3ds-fl...0-0-2?&st=0

You should use the search function to check if a thread is already made or not.
smile.gif

/close thread

tranfeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
s4mid4re, what we are discussiong here is about R4i Gold Non-3DS flashcarts which are released before Nintendo 3DS. That thread is introducing how to update R4i Gold 3DS flashcarts which are released after 3DS. That's the differenct.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tranfeer said:
s4mid4re, what we are discussiong here is about R4i Gold Non-3DS flashcarts which are released before Nintendo 3DS. That thread is introducing how to update R4i Gold 3DS flashcarts which are released after 3DS. That's the differenct.
Okay, I get that, but I don't see the update for the non-3DS to support 3DS v2.0.0-2 one in www.r4ids.cn that you said was in r4i Gold's website. I only see the 3DS v2.0.0-2 update for r4i Gold 3DS and dsi v1.4.2 update for the non-3DS version. That's why I'm confused.

Maybe I missed it. Could you tell me where the 3DS v2.0.0-2 update for non-3DS r4i Gold is?
unsure.gif

C

captfalcon

THANK YOU!!!

The R4i gold appears as chess master from ubisoft and it works!!!

Engelmeisterr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a generally unrelated question - I am about to purchase a R4i Gold flashcart, but does it matter at this point whether or not it is a 3DS version or a non-3DS version? I would think not because the earlier version can be updated via the patch. I'm just curious as the non-3DS versions seem to be significantly cheaper.

tranfeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Engelmeisterr said:
I have a generally unrelated question - I am about to purchase a R4i Gold flashcart, but does it matter at this point whether or not it is a 3DS version or a non-3DS version? I would think not because the earlier version can be updated via the patch. I'm just curious as the non-3DS versions seem to be significantly cheaper.
R4i Gold released now are all 3DS versions,which can support 3DS 2.0.0-2 or NDSi 2.0.0-2.

youse123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After upgrading it with the patch, the top screen doesn't work for both 3DS and DSi for the R4i only. It shows loading... then a black screen when choosing the game. The bottom screen works perfectly on both. What is the problem? I can assure you that my R4i is not fake. Its not bricked

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youse123 said:
After upgrading it with the patch, the top screen doesn't work for both 3DS and DSi for the R4i only. It shows loading... then a black screen when choosing the game. The bottom screen works perfectly on both. What is the problem? I can assure you that my R4i is not fake. Its not bricked
There are some minor bugs when chess master has been used as a header for the flash carts. We have seen similar problems with the acekards and others.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tranfeer said:
Engelmeisterr said:
R4i Gold released now are all 3DS versions,which can support 3DS 2.0.0-2 or NDSi 2.0.0-2.
Just to avoid any confusion, it's DSi v1.4.2
smile.gif

I have a question: was the updater leaked? You seemed to have it before it was up'd on the website.

youse123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently this is a firmware issue, I downgraded the firmware to v1.32 and it works. But since it is an old firmware, Pokemon Black won't work on it. It is definately a kernal/firmware problem

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
youse123 said:
Apparently this is a firmware issue, I downgraded the firmware to v1.32 and it works. But since it is an old firmware, Pokemon Black won't work on it. It is definately a kernal/firmware problem
Why aren't you using wood r4 for r4i Gold?

youse123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
youse123 said:
Why aren't you using wood r4 for r4i Gold?

to test out

Engelmeisterr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tranfeer said:
Engelmeisterr said:
A lot of online retailers sell the non-3DS versions a lot cheaper than the 3DS versions. The official R4i Gold 3DS website does not seem to distribute directly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34