TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
Clarification post for Science™.

RVLution is a website. Riivolution is a homebrew application for replacing files on a retail disk. They were originally unrelated, though Riivolution is now hosted at RVLution.

While the IOS runs on the ARM processor of the Wii, it is unlikely you write in ASM directly. Instead, you write in C/C++, and compile it to compatible ASM with devkitARM and a compiler. Compiling code turns it into ASM. IOS does not use PPC assembly. The PPC processor in the Wii is reserved for running games (and homebrew).

Treeki is not on the Riivolution team, nor does he have access to the project, nor has he contributed. He does have a familiar relationship with several of the developers, and thus is aware of the some of the really great features that have been implemented in Riivolution.

The first public beta builds of Riivolution were produced on Aug 25th - though originally the beta ran through SoftChip, installed to IOS242, and was locked to Fatal Frame 4 (arbitrarily). This predates Leiji Loader by several months. They were not distributed on gbatemp, nor was the patching method mentioned on gbatemp (it was distributed on Beyond the Cameras Lens, and was removed shortly after sufficient tests were made). Riivolution was distributed with the Fatal Frame 4 patch in January 2010, and perfected for the vast majority of games within the subsequent months prior to a general release.

A general list of the advantages of Riivolution to this project can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/t192580-newer-super-mar...t&p=2918157

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are interested in joining the team go here:
http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=160
Read that, and THEN make something to submit, please don't just fill out your name and email address as it will be ignored like the other 8 pages of people who have done that.

Also, I am looking for some strong skilled photoshop and/or 3d modelers to join the team if anyone is interested, no gamer or game hacking experience required!

PM me if you think you have what it takes

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After the last post we decided to do this:

newer_recruit2_f.png

LINK: http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=414
http://www.youtube.com/nsmbwhacks

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a noob here. but hasnt this or atleast a bunch of these mods been 'working on" for quite a while now? Any guestimate of a release date?
will it be patch for the retail .iso or a completely new .iso or what?

fill a noob in a lil lol

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Considering they still need to do some 3D and music work, I'd say that any guesses on release dates depend on how much recruitees they got. And how fast they can do whatever the stuff is that still needs to be done.

And it'll work through Riivolution, which means that it will be some sort of huge "patch" of the retail game.

dequan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm an idea guy.
My first idea is my worlds for newer were:

World 1: Yoshi's Island
World 2: Koopa Catabombs
World 3: Stinking Sewers
World 4: Mini- Mega Mountains
World 5: Freezeflame Volanco
World 6: Starlight Heights
World 7: Toy Kingdom
World 8: Ghostly Graveyard
World 9: Bowser's New Keep
World 10: Bonus?

And remember, I'm the boss of World 2: Koopa Catabombs
P.S Anybody going to reply?

Xeno_Cre8or

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaywii.gif
You need to post a vid of this music without the sound effects:

Ideas: Based on something from Super Princess Peach, you could do a series of rooms, each terminating in a group of three warp pipes - one red, one yellow, one green. Only one of the pipes works in each room. The way you would tell players which is correct would be a series of Koopas (red koopa=red, green koopa=green, dry bones=yellow) in the first room. These Koopas can not be killed, because they're within a box of unbreakable blocks, and if I understand the engine correctly, they'll stay in the order you put them even if they collide with each other.

I'll try to crosspost on the other forum

dequan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I need a group of five to paste my Super Mario Flash Levels onto Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. If you join my group, I'll put you on my friends list.

Dark Bowser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbasp.gif
I found ths web page and I love the ideas they have, PLEASE USE AS MUCH OF THE IDEAS AS POSSIBLE!

New super mario bros omega

P.S. Please leave the title still Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, And use the same cover!

EDIT: what im trying to say is, dont just edit stuff, add new things, like WiFi, new bosses, new sprites, new power ups, new movie clips even! This isn't Edited New Super Mario Bros, its NewER Super Mario Bros. Wii.People are not going to use some remade game that they can make themselves with Reggie, I've seen the trailers, wrap around levels, replaced music, blablablablablablah. We need some thing more fun, not harder. In the link above they plan to use enemies from other games and power ups related to the original ones. I would be glad to help this project become what it needs to be, although I will only contribute ideas. Idea #1 has just been said.
happy.gif
. to bad its too late, maybe another game I suppose, If anyone wants to make a game like this, email me at [email protected] and gather some friends and we can do this thing!

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dark Bowser said:
gbasp.gif
I found ths web page and I love the ideas they have, PLEASE USE AS MUCH OF THE IDEAS AS POSSIBLE!

New super mario bros omega

P.S. Please leave the title still Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, And use the same cover!

EDIT: what im trying to say is, dont just edit stuff, add new things, like WiFi, new bosses, new sprites, new power ups, new movie clips even! This isn't Edited New Super Mario Bros, its NewER Super Mario Bros. Wii.People are not going to use some remade game that they can make themselves with Reggie, I've seen the trailers, wrap around levels, replaced music, blablablablablablah. We need some thing more fun, not harder. In the link above they plan to use enemies from other games and power ups related to the original ones. I would be glad to help this project become what it needs to be, although I will only contribute ideas. Idea #1 has just been said.
happy.gif

OMIGOD!, WHAT A GAME!!!!! IF THIS IS ALL TRUE THIS IS THE BEST CUSTOM MARIO GAME BAR NONE!

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no proof any of that actually exists. It's a tall order to add Wifi when Nintendo couldn't do it.

Dark Bowser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayby not wifi, but come on, its a NEW game, not an edited one, wifi was just an example of what could be done. It actually does not exist, but we could make it happen!
QUOTE said:
There's no proof any of that actually exists. It's a tall order to add Wifi when Nintendo couldn't do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: