Hacking NEWER Super Mario Bros. Wii

  • Thread starter Thread starter RainbowIE
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 190,518
  • Replies Replies 571
Bullcrap. The updated Riivolution was released the day after 4.3 came out, it took the pirates over a week of ass scratching to find a way around it. Or is this some mythical app like that youtube video you promised?
 
where is this forum?! i click on the link, it says that the forum has moved, i go the new forum, then there is a link to another forum!

what is the official address for the current forum?
 
tueidj said:
Bullcrap. The updated Riivolution was released the day after 4.3 came out, it took the pirates over a week of ass scratching to find a way around it. Or is this some mythical app like that youtube video you promised?
haha, anyone actually give a shit about that? i wrote that one night when i was drunk. But there was some sd code insertion application posted on this forum long before riivolution was even announced. It had some weird name but it wasnt easy for 12 year olds to use so everyone forgot about it. But it worked And it was never patched.
 
Hmmm... interesting...

I believe killplaystation is reffering to leiji loader. While it is not as powerful as riivolution, and does not work in the same way, it does achieve a similar result (for one level anyway). It's good for testing modded levels. And it was released before riivolution AFAIK.

So... killplaystation's statement "a similar application that works with backups was released first." is... technically correct.

Of course, leiji is not powerful enough to be used for a full scale hack project though, but no matter.

Regarding the statement "it took the pirates over a week of ass scratching to find a way around it" made by tueidj... technically... it is not true.

...for you see, it was seen easily by several people. As soon as I found out about 4.3, I fired up NUSD, and when I was generating nus scripts, I saw exactly what I needed to do. Of course several other people here had also seen it instantly. There was myself, mauifrog, WiiPower, and WiiCrazy (and I assume there were several others too).

I am sure that you also knew it as soon as you got the update, yes?

But, most of the people who saw this did not want it to be fixed so quickly, so they kept it a secret...
I assume that people here kept it a secret so as to prolong the time before it got fixed, and other people who I assume most definetely have seen it... I assume they decided to keep it a secret to try to prevent pirates from getting it.

So......... technically..............

It did not take a week to be found out, but rather.............

...........it took a week for the info about it to be leaked............ ..........that is all.


..........and.........

I believe..........

.......that I do not understand where this topic is going..........

......what is this topic for, anyway?

.....this confuses me.....

......was it about Mario?
.....or was it something about Luigi? I am uncertain.....
.....was this topic originally about Link maybe?

......could somebody please tell me what this topic was meant to be about?


Oh...... and.......

....I also..... sense much annoyance, maybe even a little hatred..... in your posts tueidj.

.....I can...... feel it......

Is this....... possibly the case?


This is........ not affecting anything, is it?

Not affecting........ your performance or lovely work, no?

Because....... if you feel these feelings........ are degrading such things......

.......if you so wish..... I can help you with them........

Are you........ feeling a ........ lack of control of said feelings?

.....perhaps I can...... teach you how to better control them?
.....to make sure........ that they do not control you.....?


Now...... of course....... if you do wish to answer these questions.........

(that is.......... you do not have to answer them......... if you do not wish to...........)

Make sure........ you......... really think about them beforehand.........



Now....

Before I go.........

I have........ one more question........



Do you......... like my lovely new avatar, tueidj?

I think.......... it is wonderful, and beautiful............
th_Meditate.gif
 
panyan said:
where is this forum?! i click on the link, it says that the forum has moved, i go the new forum, then there is a link to another forum!

what is the official address for the current forum?

look here this is newer base at the moment
 
I....... agreee...... with your stance towards 15 year old people...... on the internet..........

I however............. do not understand............... what that has to do......... with this thread.....

QUOTE said:
I believe..........

.......that I do not understand where this topic is going..........

......what is this topic for, anyway?

.....this confuses me.....

......was it about Mario?
.....or was it something about Luigi? I am uncertain.....
.....was this topic originally about Link maybe?

......could somebody please tell me what this topic was meant to be about?
Is it by any chance........

That these questions may not have an answer?

If they do have an answer, may somebody please tell me what they are?


Treeki..... is only..... 15 years of age?

That is....... interesting.

Such a young mind........ capable of knowing and doing...... such great things.

Now..... I wish I was like that..... I wish I was still 15 right now.... it is the perfect time to learn things.....

......maybe I should start to learn how to proerly code...



...but enough about me. I wish you and your group success in your current project, whatever that may be.

What is that project about anyway?
Could somebody please tell me?

I got no information regarding it from this thread....

Are you guys perhaps making an app that destroys all Wii piracy?
If so, that is VERY interesting, and I wish to learn more about it.
 
We're not putting anything into the Newer that directly affects piracy, however the stuff we DO put into the game (ASM Hacks, mostly) could be hard to use on other things besides Riivolution.

We're not trying to fight piracy, we're just not using piracy-enabled applications to make the project, and that's because they're much more easy to use (Eg. for testing levels - Riivfs rather than Wii scrubber/Rebuilding partitions)
 
That is interesting.

It sounds good.

it's just that, after reading some of this thread, some other members of your project group seem to imply otherwise.

...but what exactly is the project again? (cannot find any data regarding it in this thread)

And... is there any way I could become involved?
Any way I could help you out?

Thank you for your professional reply skawo96.
 
This is a full hack of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, featuring new levels, music, world maps and mechanics.
Game will be a lot longer and a fair bit harder than the retail game.

The thing with piracy is, we always implied that we'll use Riivolution for our game. Then, a bunch of people complained and said "Make this work with USB!". We said we won't, (and the reason is posted above - it would be too hard to do this with USB, mainly because of the ASM hacks), but then we said that we won't stop anybody trying to make a Newer ISO. Obviously, there was a few flamewars, pointless piracy versus nonpiracy discussion, and it ended up with this. We started thinking on stopping pirate users when they started flaming the project, at one point there were even plans to do so, and it would be really. really easy to do so, but in the end, we won't.
 
Sorry, there was some guy called KILLR on IRC who said he was 15 and had the same IP address as damysteryman. Maybe that was da_letter_a in disguise.
 
skawo96 said:
This is a full hack of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, featuring new levels, music, world maps and mechanics.
Game will be a lot longer and a fair bit harder than the retail game.

The thing with piracy is, we always implied that we'll use Riivolution for our game. Then, a bunch of people complained and said "Make this work with USB!". We said we won't, (and the reason is posted above - it would be too hard to do this with USB, mainly because of the ASM hacks), but then we said that we won't stop anybody trying to make a Newer ISO. Obviously, there was a few flamewars, pointless piracy versus nonpiracy discussion, and it ended up with this. We started thinking on stopping pirate users when they started flaming the project, at one point there were even plans to do so, and it would be really. really easy to do so, but in the end, we won't.
Ah.

A full hack of NSMBW? Nice!

Wow, so that is what has become of this thread.

QUOTE(tueidj @ Jul 11 2010, 07:07 PM) Sorry, there was some guy called KILLR on IRC who said he was 15 and had the same IP address as damysteryman. Maybe that was da_letter_a in disguise.
Someone on IRC with my IP address?

That is VERY strange...

How is that even possible?
 
This Team DARK vs RVLution team isn't funny anymore. DMM is completely capable of creating his own custom IOS module with PPC & ARM ASM as Treeki is capable of programming RVLution with the very same.
Does age really matter? It's all about mental maturity and not neccesarily physical age, so please don't judge people on their age, but more about their behaviour.
 
LOLWTF?

fggghjjkll, where did THAT come from?

I did not ever post/say anything such as that...
Thankyou for your support, but I am not THAT good.

...Is that what people think of when they see my username or DARKCORP?
The DARKCORP README says everything that is in DARKCORP and gives due credit.
Be sure to read it.

Do people really think myself and Tean DARK are against the people behind riivolution?
If you think so, then we are not.

Just because they do not support piracy, and because we make a mod that allows burned games, that does not mean that we are against them.

There are just a few people here and there who are a little... immature or unprofessional about this difference between the 2 mods.

QUOTE said:
And... is there any way I could become involved?
Any way I could help you out?
Is there any way at all for me to help out?
 
Excellent.

I have found your topic over at rvlution.net skawo96.

Thankyou again for your reply.
 
For the record I'm not part of RVLution, I code parts of the app called Riivolution which happens to live at RVLution.net. I am not part of Newer either.
I agree people have been unprofessional, like when "da_letter_a" supposedly "disassembled" the earlier Riivolution build and mistakenly accused us of distributing copyright nintendo code. I also think it's pretty immature to make up a new personality every 5 minutes.
(BTW when you changed your location to US you forgot to change your timezone, it's still set to AU.)
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted