Hacking Question newbie - really simple yes/no questions - switch dongle

kyrusdemnati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok guys
my nintendo switch can be hacked, i've chcked the serial. i have a rough idea of what i need to do...but still have a few questions...

i am based in the uk...

my primarily aim is to play backup of the games i own...

i will buy a rcm jig...rather then using a paper clip method.

which is the best cheapest dongle to use? is sx pro the best method for newbies

i have a samsung tab s4 android device, so is this a viable option instead of a dongle?
i have a window 10 machine/macbook too - are there options here, or not worth hassle?

what bootloader do you recommend?

will games save as normal?

can i play local multiplayer (offline)?

is auto rcm worth activating?

once i have loaded the bootloader and the switch remains in the dock (powered) i don't have to re-inject the bootloader do i?

thank you

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@kyrusdemnati

which is the best cheapest dongle to use? is sx pro the best method for newbies - this is an open ended question, if you want to play games off a hard drive and in xci format, SX OS is the way to go, otherwise playing nsp's reinx or atmosphere will be fine.

i have a samsung tab s4 android device, so is this a viable option instead of a dongle? - Yes, no dongle needed, if you go the SX route you can just buy the license and boot SX OS through your phone.

i have a window 10 machine/macbook too - are there options here, or not worth hassle? - Bit of a pain in the ass but viable options, it an either or with the above, both options work.

what bootloader do you recommend? - I use SX OS as I like the hdd loading option

will games save as normal? - Mine work fine

can i play local multiplayer (offline)? - Yes

is auto rcm worth activating? - I don't mainly cause sleep mode works fine and I rarely turn my switch off.

once i have loaded the bootloader and the switch remains in the dock (powered) i don't have to re-inject the bootloader do I? - Nope, as long as you just put in sleep mode the console should be good, only have to inject when console powered off

Last edited by yusuo,

Rincewind_82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which is the best cheapest dongle to use? is sx pro the best method for newbies

there are a lot of dongles. I prefer the sx pro. It comes with a high quality jig. but also the other dongles come with a good jip.

NS Atmosphere Dongle or AceNS Dongle

The SXPro come with his own bootloader for all other i recommend "Kosmos" thats all you need.

Yes, the savegames will save regular in the "nintendo" folder

Yes, but you have to power on your wlan

I dont use it, just activate it if you need it

once i have loaded the bootloader and the switch remains in the dock (powered) i don't have to re-inject the bootloader do i?
Thats right.

Last edited by Rincewind_82,

toccy

Trophies
XP
Country
Get an RCM loader off ebay cheap option and fastest delivery already has boot loader installed, then you can purchase a SXOS licence online for delivery within minutes/hours.
This way its quicker than waiting for a SX Pro and cheaper. Just as easy to use.

SX OS is very easy to use, I don't use Auto RCM not worth it really if I need to boot the RCM hack I soldered a reed switch in side controller and can activate the RCM hack with a magnet. but as we leave the switch in sleep mode (like you say) its still running SX OS so dont have to launch RCM hack each time you wake it up.

Remember RCMLoader comes with Jig and holder too.

Feels better made than my TX SX Pro!!

Last edited by toccy,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok guys
my nintendo switch can be hacked, i've chcked the serial. i have a rough idea of what i need to do...but still have a few questions...

i am based in the uk...
Yes. You are.

my primarily aim is to play backup of the games i own...
Yes. Ofcourse... ;)

i will buy a rcm jig...rather then using a paper clip method.
Yes. You are.

which is the best cheapest dongle to use? is sx pro the best method for newbies.
No. One of the Chinese ones. RCMX86 maybe?

i have a samsung tab s4 android device, so is this a viable option instead of a dongle?
i have a window 10 machine/macbook too - are there options here, or not worth hassle?
Yes.
Yes.

Hekate. (My edit - Simple-UF2 ;) )
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes. If you completely power off your console. Otherwise, no.

Reactions: LuigiXL

kyrusdemnati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@kyrusdemnati

which is the best cheapest dongle to use? is sx pro the best method for newbies - this is an open ended question, if you want to play games off a hard drive and in xci format, SX OS is the way to go, otherwise playing nsp's reinx or atmosphere will be fine.

i have a samsung tab s4 android device, so is this a viable option instead of a dongle? - Yes, no dongle needed, if you go the SX route you can just buy the license and boot SX OS through your phone.

i have a window 10 machine/macbook too - are there options here, or not worth hassle? - Bit of a pain in the ass but viable options, it an either or with the above, both options work.

what bootloader do you recommend? - I use SX OS as I like the hdd loading option

will games save as normal? - Mine work fine

can i play local multiplayer (offline)? - Yes

is auto rcm worth activating? - I don't mainly cause sleep mode works fine and I rarely turn my switch off.

once i have loaded the bootloader and the switch remains in the dock (powered) i don't have to re-inject the bootloader do I? - Nope, as long as you just put in sleep mode the console should be good, only have to inject when console powered off

What do you mean hdd loading option ? Is this an external usb drive connected to dock which has the games on it ?

I don’t mind just sd cars

kyrusdemnati

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a more questions

what size micro sd is needed? a particular variant (i would install most games on this)

is there a guide to back up my existing switch as it is (the default state unhacked)

is there a guide to backup my existing games in a format and reloading them to an sd card so they are playable? and will it contain my current saves state. i have zelda botw and the dlc i want to back up

thanks

toccy

Trophies
XP
Country
Using SX OS (not sure of the others) you can load games from a docked external hdd.

SD card will depend how many games you want to carry around with you, I use a 4tb Ext hdd but that will obviously only work when docked, I have a 256GB mSD which was expensive at the time I see 128GB are fairly reasonable so you could use a few of these instead but you would need to reboot and re-launch hack each you swap the card maybe something you dont want to be doing on the go!

Games range from mb's to gb's using cart dumps I get around 50 games on 256gb card.

Nintendo dont give you an option to back up your entire console so you will need to run a hack to back up the console.

Yes you can dump your carts, I use SX OS and the dumper is simple to use, yes your games will save in the standard way to the console not the cart. So your cart and dump of your cart will access the same saves.

Last edited by toccy,

Rincewind_82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what size micro sd is needed? a particular variant (i would install most games on this)

I have a 400GB SD-Card. No more SD-card changes.
enough space for games and emus + a lot of emugames

is there a guide to back up my existing switch as it is (the default state unhacked)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-universal-cfw-instalation-guide.517122/

is there a guide to backup my existing games in a format and reloading them to an sd card so they are playable? and will it contain my current saves state. i have zelda botw and the dlc i want to back up

I never tried it myself but that could help: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dumping-your-titles-from-sd-a-bit-advanced.507821/

For savegames I use "checkpoint" a nice app for dumping savegames

Last edited by Rincewind_82,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...