Hacking Question Newbie Please HELP after a NAND Restoration

Implode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Hi Guys,

I often read many interesting threads on this forum, but first time posting a thread myself.
I was forced to make a Nand restoration as a last resort after encountering a blue screen of death (kernel panic code) after something went wrong. I confess I was fooling around a little bit with some new things - I sent an incognito RCM payload to my switch. Then When I tried to boot up with fusee-primary payload, I was not able to get pass the switch logo. I sent hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin via tegra smash without sd card, and then restored NAND from the old backup I first created on my 3.0.0 switch when I got it around 2 years ago. Everything went well, I was then able to boot to atmosphere with fat32 micro sd card, and then I updated via Choi-dojour NX to FW 8.1 (the one I was on before I screwed up).Then I updated to Exfat 8.1 and reformated my sd card to exfat and copied all data from the harddrive backup I created for this card. The problem is, switch is not able to see ANY games on my sd cards, when I insert the sd card to my switch and look at the data managment in the settings, it deletes the content in the Nintendo folder. I have a backup from all my sd cards (5x128gb and 1x256gb). I managed to install the games to system memory via goldtree, and recover my save games through Checkpoint. Long story short , my question lays down to this : Is there any way, to make my old data on all my sd cards work on my switch ? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks..

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi Guys,

I often read many interesting threads on this forum, but first time posting a thread myself.
I was forced to make a Nand restoration as a last resort after encountering a blue screen of death (kernel panic code) after something went wrong. I confess I was fooling around a little bit with some new things - I sent an incognito RCM payload to my switch. Then When I tried to boot up with fusee-primary payload, I was not able to get pass the switch logo. I sent hekate_ctcaer_5.0.2.bin via tegra smash without sd card, and then restored NAND from the old backup I first created on my 3.0.0 switch when I got it around 2 years ago. Everything went well, I was then able to boot to atmosphere with fat32 micro sd card, and then I updated via Choi-dojour NX to FW 8.1 (the one I was on before I screwed up).Then I updated to Exfat 8.1 and reformated my sd card to exfat and copied all data from the harddrive backup I created for this card. The problem is, switch is not able to see ANY games on my sd cards, when I insert the sd card to my switch and look at the data managment in the settings, it deletes the content in the Nintendo folder. I have a backup from all my sd cards (5x128gb and 1x256gb). I managed to install the games to system memory via goldtree, and recover my save games through Checkpoint. Long story short , my question lays down to this : Is there any way, to make my old data on all my sd cards work on my switch ? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks..
Did you have your saves backed up via checkpoint or something similar which would be present in your sd cards back up then yes

Implode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Did you have your saves backed up via checkpoint or something similar which would be present in your sd cards back up then yes
Yes, I have my save games backed up with Checkpoint, but the issue is ,that when I insert any of the micro sd cards to my switch the switch does not recognize any data, no games, no icons etc. Only when I install any of the games again via Goldtree, I can restore the save game data with Checkpoint. I would like to know if there is any way to use those game data on my memory card with my newly restored switch and without the need of installing games once again..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8