Hacking newbie here. having issues with hacking 3ds

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just remembered where it went wrong originally let me know if this help on where to go next. I was at this step http://2xrsa.3ds.guide and didnt have the wifi on and it failed turned wifi on and it still didnt work. so I deleted my card (dumb ass move I know) then couldnt get it to boot back up then I added the back files from my working 2ds to it. Now im at the stage you have seen. yes I downloaded the 11.0.0.28u old

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just remembered where it went wrong originally let me know if this help on where to go next. I was at this step http://2xrsa.3ds.guide and didnt have the wifi on and it failed turned wifi on and it still didnt work. so I deleted my card (dumb ass move I know) then couldnt get it to boot back up then I added the back files from my working 2ds to it. Now im at the stage you have seen. yes I downloaded the 11.0.0.28u old

Do you have the original files that u used when going to http://2xrsa.3ds.guide ?

EDIT: 3ds.guide states this:

If you downgrade to 2.1.0 on a 2DS or New 3DS and left Wireless Communication off, you can re-enable the wireless by removing the battery and unplugging the charger for several seconds then booting back up

EDIT 2: so it would mean you are on 2.1.0 firmware if I am understanding this right.

Last edited by Oleboy555,

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its the otherapp the correct one for your region and firmware?
Just saying if you don't know that's just to get homebrew launcher to boot, it has nothing to do with the system starting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

o boy, you deleted the files needed for the a9lh install.... the otp.bin.......

Do you have the nand backup....

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying if you don't know that's just to get homebrew launcher to boot, it has nothing to do with the system starting.

o boy, you deleted the files needed for the a9lh install.... the otp.bin.......

Do you have the nand backup....
I have nothing from the original time I did it. That is why I was hoping to just start over with everything but Im guessing if I already flashed a firmware I might be screwed ?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maby, maby not. there are ways to upgrade back from 2.1.0 but it's not a quick thing. Under the trouble shooting section it lists ways but I haven't looked over that yet. Give me a few mins to look that over.

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maby, maby not. there are ways to upgrade back from 2.1.0 but it's not a quick thing. Under the trouble shooting section it lists ways but I haven't looked over that yet. Give me a few mins to look that over.
how do I even confirm if im on 2.1.0 is there a way to check?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK might not be in too much trouble. You should be able to still install a9lh and get a backup of your current NAND just in case anything goes wrong. Just saying this now, if shit hits the fan a hard mod might be required to fix it.
From what I can tell after a9lh is installed you need to update your system via a game to 4.x. I can get a list of games if you need them, otherwise you could need a sky3ds and a rom. From there on ver 4.x you can update back to a higher version with sysupdater. It's a long process but will get you out of this hole.

that will only show the 11.0.x.x not 2.1.x right and right now Id have to put all my back up files back on to get to that screen
I don't follow. What does files on the sd card have to do with system settings?

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK might not be in too much trouble. You should be able to still install a9lh and get a backup of your current NAND just in case anything goes wrong. Just saying this now, if shit hits the fan a hard mod might be required to fix it.
From what I can tell after a9lh is installed you need to update your system via a game to 4.x. I can get a list of games if you need them, otherwise you could need a sky3ds and a rom. From there on ver 4.x you can update back to a higher version with sysupdater. It's a long process but will get you out of this hole.

I don't follow. What does files on the sd card have to do with system settings?

We need to know what firmware u are on right now

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks SirECK you are the man I appreciate it. I am about to leave to get kids from school etc. give me a list of games(assuming I need to down load them or do I need physical games?) and whatever else I need. I will plug away again tonight around 730 CST

hellr94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks SirECK you are the man I appreciate it. I am about to leave to get kids from school etc. give me a list of games(assuming I need to down load them or do I need physical games?) and whatever else I need. I will plug away again tonight around 730 CST
fyi before I wiped the card and reformatted I was on 11.0.0.28u old still not sure how to find the 2.0.1 part

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
OP, have you tried doing this:

If you downgrade to 2.1.0 on a 2DS or New 3DS and left Wireless Communication off, you can re-enable the wireless by removing the battery and unplugging the charger for several seconds then booting back up

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes but he wiped the SD card so if he is on 2.1 he wont be able to upgrade back to what ever firmware he was on before. This backup is required as part of the guide. If he is on 2.1 additional steps and equipment are required to get backup to a higher version safely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: