Gaming new Zelda Four Swords in Link Between Words?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just make 4 swords with fucking online play damn it!! then come talk to me!!

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
Evey handheld system from Nintendo has later incarnation that have massive improvements. its standard predictable formula that repeats over and over again.

Gameboy < GB Pocket < GB Color
GBA < Frontlit GBA SP > GB Micro < Backlit GBA SP
DS Phat < DS Lite > DSi < DSi XL
3DS < 3DS XL > 2DS
PSP1000 < PSP2000 > PSP3000 > PSPGO

the smart informed consumer would his buying habits as such,
GB Color, GBA SP, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS XL

why buy a DS Phat when you can wait for DS Lite?
why buy a 3DS when the 3DS XL is coming out?
why buy the bulky PSP1000 when the slim light PSP2000 will be released.
why buy an iPod over an iPad
But have you forgotten? If you look at launch/post-launch/before price cut 3DS system they all had better screens. And so what if we bought 3DS systems early? What right do you have to call us idiots when we wanted to get it at that time?

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But have you forgotten? If you look at launch/post-launch/before price cut 3DS system they all had better screens. And so what if we bought 3DS systems early? What right do you have to call us idiots when we wanted to get it at that time?

what are you talking about? all regular 3DS's have the same crappy screens. there weren't any revisions or anything.

the 3DS XL however does have a improved screen with better 3D viewing angles and less glare. other massive overhauls include:

-3D slider has OFF position,
-bumpers prevent screen scratching issue with 3DS,
-stylus slot relocated on side,
-Longer Battery Life!,
-Easier to Hold, rounded corners
-Bigger Screen
-Circle Pad bigger and thicker
-redesigned Start Select, and Home buttons

so yes, anybody who chose 3DS over 3DS XL is an idiot. we all knew it was coming. 3DS was plagued with flaws, and earlier the DSi XL was a huge success, so it was pretty obvious there was going to be a 3DS redesign.

a DS Lite, then a 3DS XL. theres no reason to get anything in between. No GBA support, Flashcarts Blocked with firmware updates, and a DSiware store thats Sub-Par, why did anyone buy a DSi again?

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
what are you talking about? all regular 3DS's have the same crappy screens. there weren't any revisions or anything.

the 3DS XL however does have a improved screen with better 3D viewing angles and less glare. other massive overhauls include:

so yes, anybody who chose 3DS over 3DS XL is an idiot. we all knew it was coming. 3DS was plagued with flaws, and earlier the DSi XL was a huge success, so it was pretty obvious there was going to be a 3DS redesign.

a DS Lite, then a 3DS XL. theres no reason to get anything in between. No GBA support, Flashcarts Blocked with firmware updates, and a DSiware store thats Sub-Par, why did anyone buy a DSi again?
Yeah, no. I have a 3DS from launch and my bro has a 3DS XL and sure, the 3DS XL's screen is better because you can see everything better, BUT the original launch 3DS had way better colors. The 3DS XL's screens showed stuff more darker and not as accurately as its 3DS counterpart from launch. What was very dark red seemed like brown on the 3DS XL screens. I compared them directly so don't even try arguing with that, Nintendo used different screens after the price cut. The new screens are darker/more yellowish. And I didn't want to result to this, but someone going around saying that people who chose/preferred to do things are idiots is the IDIOT. Yeah, sorry, but there's no civilised talking with you, I didn't want to result to insulting anybody, but there's just no respect to someone who doesn't respect others. You have no right to call us idiots.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, no. I have a 3DS from launch and my bro has a 3DS XL and sure, the 3DS XL's screen is better because you can see everything better, BUT the original launch 3DS had way better colors. The 3DS XL's screens showed stuff more darker and not as accurately as its 3DS counterpart from launch. What was very dark red seemed like brown on the 3DS XL screens. I compared them directly so don't even try arguing with that, Nintendo used different screens after the price cut. The new screens are darker/more yellowish. ~~~~~~~~~~~

you see when you turn on a 3DS, there's a little icon in the top left corner that looks like a circle with dots around it, taping it with the stylus brings up a menu called SCREEN BRIGHTNESS, its numbered 1 to 5, where 1 is the lowest, and 5 is the highest.

apologies if the previous post sounded a bit harsh, i should have used the word "misguided" instead of idiot, but still we all knew the 3DS XL was on its way, and there were enough online reviews pointing out the glaring flaws of the 3DS to rethink the $250 price tag.

i would like to know though, how a Launch 3DS screen compares to a 2DS.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
you see when you turn on a 3DS, there's a little icon in the top left corner that looks like a circle with dots around it, taping it with the stylus brings up a menu called SCREEN BRIGHTNESS, its numbered 1 to 5, where 1 is the lowest, and 5 is the highest.

apologies if the previous post sounded a bit harsh, i should have used the word "misguided" instead of idiot, but still we all knew the 3DS XL was on its way, and there were enough online reviews pointing out the glaring flaws of the 3DS to rethink the $250 price tag.

i would like to know though, how a Launch 3DS screen compares to a 2DS.
They were both the same brightness with power saving mode off, I assure you.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrong, launch 3ds get the upperscreen scratched by the lower screen, nintendo apologized for that and revised alittle the desing so it doesnt happen.

wrong again, the XL has better 3d angles not because of a better screen but only because it is a bigger screen.

on the other hand the it does have anti glare.
-3D slider has OFF position,
-bumpers prevent screen scratching issue with 3DS,
-stylus slot relocated on side,
-Longer Battery Life!,
-Easier to Hold, rounded corners
-Bigger Screen
-Circle Pad bigger and thicker
-redesigned Start Select, and Home buttons
-you dont need a 3d slidder off position
-bumpers prevent screen scratching for new 3ds'es even before the xl was announced
-stylus relocated is a matter of taste
-the xl doesnt have longer batter life as it needs to feed bigger screens
-easier to hold is a matter of taste/shaped of your hands, a 10 year old would not be able to hold it so easily
-bigger screen is a matter of taste
-circle pad felt the same for me
-the start select home buttons are smoother on the old 3ds, the new ones make the xl look like a toy instead of a well though piece of hardware
so i am a stupid for getting an ambassador 3ds with 20 free games after the price reduction, with 2 more free games and being able to play games 1 year before anyone who waited?

also a redesing is part of the industry now, its not only nintendo nor handhelds. according to you anyone who gets a PS4/XboxOne/WiiU/PSVita right now is a dumbass

portability? going from a DS lite to a 3ds didnt changed that part at all.

also the DSiware sub-par store still has hidden gems that were worth getting one for.

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wrong, launch 3ds get the upperscreen scratched by the lower screen, nintendo apologized for that and revised alittle the desing so it doesnt happen.

-bumpers prevent screen scratching for new 3ds'es even before the xl was announced

I do remember seeing sources of Nintendo apologizing for the screen issue, but they never announced that they fixed the issue on later models, as far as I am aware. I have a 3DS model after the XL release that suffers from the issue.
Source, or you are a lieing, wishful thinker! Or maybe you just misunderstood their apology? The source must be from Nintendo.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-you dont need a 3d slidder off position
-stylus relocated is a matter of taste
-the xl doesnt have longer batter life as it needs to feed bigger screens
-easier to hold is a matter of taste/shaped of your hands, a 10 year old would not be able to hold it so easily
-bigger screen is a matter of taste
-circle pad felt the same for me
-the start select home buttons are smoother on the old 3ds, the new ones make the xl look like a toy instead of a well though piece of hardware
so i am a stupid for getting an ambassador 3ds with 20 free games after the price reduction, with 2 more free games and being able to play games 1 year before anyone who waited?

no offense, but half of what you said is just wrong.

-almost everybody i know turns the 3D Off. its just a silly gimmick that adds nothing to the game play, also a LOT of people get severe migraine headaches when 3D in on. AND it drains battery faster, even though the user might have vision problems and cannot see 3D.

-there was no revisions to the screen scratching problem.

-stylus on the side is not preference, its a functional purpose. so you dont have to flip the DS over and go searching. thats the reason it was relocated from DS Phat to DS Lite.

-the XL is reported from many, many sources to have longer battery life. but even if you dont believe them, just use logic: bigger case = bigger battery

-3DS is hard to hold regardless. the Sharp corners were rounded on 3DS XL.

-the start select buttons on 3DS XL have a tactile feel, and many people complained that the old style wasn't as responsive.

the 3DS ambassator status was to make up for the massive price difference. and is only worth it if you love every single game, which is unlikely for most people.

if you calculate the 20 games at $5 each, thats $100.
3DS's $250 price tag vs 2DS's $120 price tag equals $130 difference!
still $30 more than its worth, for games weve allready played a million times allready.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say a full length 4 Swords with online focused play would be downright amazing. A mix of co-op and vs in a way that even NSMB cannot possibly deliver.
The problem is that Nintendo will never deliver that kind of experience for the online masses, despite the video gaming world being in the golden internet/online age, 5 years ago. They had a perfect chance to make the last 4-5 co-op mario games, online, but chose not to, always with the excuse of "Derp this game is only enjoyable if you see the smiling faces of your friends derp" while many people share their disgust with lack of online features every time.

Yes Online Zelda Co-op would be great, so would have Four swords DSi, so would Spirit Tracks. Phantom Hourglass did have wifi-multiplayer that I played the shit out of, but in no way did it represent what Zelda was all about. And this is doubly-infuriating when you remember that Nintendo is no stranger with dual-player puzzles.

D

Deleted-236924

when it was available the 3DS was barely released. not everybody camps out at gamestop at launch day every time some over-priced marketing ploy is released. especially when you know the "XL" version is on its way.

im sorry but anyone who bought the first 3DS is an idiot, as the 3DS XL is vastly superior in every conceivable way. and anyone who had the good sense to wait until Nov 2013 can now get a 2DS cheaper.

3DS price at launch, $250.
2DS price at launch, $130.
THATS A WHOPPING $120 DIFFERENCE!!.

and btw i do own 4 swords, the problem is nobody else has it so its absolutly useless having only 1 copy. like i said, DS's get lost, stolen, damaged or traded to gamestop.

we should have the option to buy it if we want, like for example putting it on a 2DS or buying 4 2DS's to put 4 swords on. or buying several $30 DSi's from the Target deal.
Four Swords Anniversary Edition was a DSiWARE.

3DS was released late March 2011 in NA/EU. Four Swords Anniversary Edition was available until February 20, 2012.

If everyone followed your logic and held off buying the 3DS, then the 3DS wouldn't have sold at all. Do you know what would have happened then?
Nintendo wouldn't have released a 3DS XL if the original 3DS didn't sell.

Stop insulting other people's intelligence.

Four Swords Anniversary Edition has a single-player mode, by the way. The entire game can be completed alone. Not having anyone else to play with doesn't make it useless.

(Not to mention, back then, Nintendo had stated there wouldn't be any 3DS revision; why would people be idiots for choosing to buy the 3DS when there was no reason to think there would be a revision?)

-almost everybody i know turns the 3D Off. its just a silly gimmick that adds nothing to the game play, also a LOT of people get severe migraine headaches when 3D in on. AND it drains battery faster, even though the user might have vision problems and cannot see 3D.

-stylus on the side is not preference, its a functional purpose. so you dont have to flip the DS over and go searching. thats the reason it was relocated from DS Phat to DS Lite.

-3DS is hard to hold regardless. the Sharp corners were rounded on 3DS XL.

- Have you ever used a regular 3DS? No "Off" position doesn't mean the 3D mode is constantly on...

- There's no need to flip the 3DS over and "search" for the stylus.

- That's completely subjective and is no basis for calling others idiots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?