Gaming new Zelda Four Swords in Link Between Words?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: NEP

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no offense, but half of what you said is just wrong.

-almost everybody i know turns the 3D Off. its just a silly gimmick that adds nothing to the game play, also a LOT of people get severe migraine headaches when 3D in on. AND it drains battery faster, even though the user might have vision problems and cannot see 3D.

While I usually turn it off I find myself turning on the 3D nearly all the time when I'm playing Kid Icarus and pretty often with this new Zelda game as it really helps in seeing whether something is above or on the same level as you.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no offense, but half of what you said is just wrong.

-almost everybody i know turns the 3D Off. its just a silly gimmick that adds nothing to the game play, also a LOT of people get severe migraine headaches when 3D in on. AND it drains battery faster, even though the user might have vision problems and cannot see 3D.
who the hells gets a migraine from the 3ds's 3d? from movies i understand, but there was no real report of 3ds's 3d migraine, and even if there was after a session or two of gaming your brain gets accustomed to it.

also no "off position slider" doesnt mean you cant put off the 3d, it just mean it doesnt click when you put it all the way down

-there was no revisions to the screen scratching problem.
there was a revision for the 3ds. just because you decide there wasnt doesnt mean you are right:
http://www.theslimechest.com/2011/11/tricks-differences-between-nintendo-3ds.html
http://handheldaddict.blogspot.co.il/2011/08/3ds-screen-scratches-avoidence-fix.html

-stylus on the side is not preference, its a functional purpose. so you dont have to flip the DS over and go searching. thats the reason it was relocated from DS Phat to DS Lite.

-3DS is hard to hold regardless. the Sharp corners were rounded on 3DS XL.

-the start select buttons on 3DS XL have a tactile feel, and many people complained that the old style wasn't as responsive.
- if you need to flip the whole ds over just to get the stylus you must be retarded. the only complain i have about its position is that you cant get to the stylus with the CPP on, you cant either with the CPP XL so that argument is pointless

- how is the 3DS hard to hold at all?

- like I said, the start/select on the XL look like the buttons for a toy. while the one from the regular ds looks like 'part' of the screen old smartphone style

-the XL is reported from many, many sources to have longer battery life. but even if you dont believe them, just use logic: bigger case = bigger battery

bigger case = bigger batter = longer battery life - i give you that... but you are blind to believe its the only parameter
bigger case = bigger screens = shorter battery life

longer battery life + shorter battery life = about the freaking same battery life... maybe alittle longer maybe alitter shorter depending on the quality of the parts you got.

the 3DS ambassator status was to make up for the massive price difference. and is only worth it if you love every single game, which is unlikely for most people.

if you calculate the 20 games at $5 each, thats $100.
3DS's $250 price tag vs 2DS's $120 price tag equals $130 difference!
still $30 more than its worth, for games weve allready played a million times allready.
you are funny to compare the 3ds vs the 2ds just to make your point. going by that logic i can compare the 3ds vs the 3ds XL.

still early adopters didnt got only those 20 games, they also got excite bike 3d classic($6), 10 classic games($50), unobtainable anymore zelda four swords remake(with single player and wireless connectivity) AND 10 unobtainable gba games.

even going by nintendo's logic, the GBC zelda games are $6 each, and those are 11 gba games. gba games would be about $7~8...only that should already put the ambassador 3ds price for $130 more.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
none of these points explains why we shouldn't be allowed to buy it if we wanted.
in the same way we should be allowed to purchase GBA Ambassador games.

whats wrong with Nintendo releasing a letter saying, "look guys, you got 20 Free games several years before everyone else, now is time to let everyone else buy them"

like i said, DS's get lost, stolen, damaged, traded to gamestop. or maybe someone just choose to spend their money on a XBox360 or a PS Vita, instead of a 3DS. or maybe they want to repurchase the games on 3DS XL or 2DS, or any 3DS system released after February 2012.

also comparing the 3DS to the 3DS XL is pure madness, as it had Major improvements, the entire reason they re-designed the 3DS XL is because they had so many complaints. the original 3DS has shorter battery life, bad design flaws, and is hard to hold for any normal adult human hands. thats just a fact.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
-you dont need a 3d slidder off position

But it's better to have

-bumpers prevent screen scratching for new 3ds'es even before the xl was announced
But Nintendo didn't even announce it.
If you weren't looking for, you woudn't even know there were revisions for the original 3DS
-stylus relocated is a matter of taste

Matter of taste my ass, having the stylus relocated make it easier to get it while playing.
How are you going to take the stylus and then put it back without pausing or stop playing?

-the xl doesnt have longer batter life as it needs to feed bigger screens

You went full retard, never go full retard.
Have you even played on a 3DS XL, it last longer beacause the battery is bigger enough to make it even with bigger screens.
Don't say something if you don't know about it.

-easier to hold is a matter of taste/shaped of your hands, a 10 year old would not be able to hold it so easily

I have given my little brother a 3DS XL, he was 6 yo and had no problem playing it.

-the start select home buttons are smoother on the old 3ds, the new ones make the xl look like a toy instead of a well though piece of hardware
so i am a stupid for getting an ambassador 3ds with 20 free games after the price reduction, with 2 more free games and being able to play games 1 year before anyone who waited?

Smoother? Really? Well, that's what really is a matter of taste,
but they aren't as responsive as 3DS XL buttons, naturally because it has oldschool buttons instead of a touch sensitive pannel,
so for me, 3DS XL has smoother buttons.

3DS is a videogame, which can be categorized by been a toy, I fail to see what's wrong with this.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said, DS's get lost, stolen, damaged, traded to gamestop. or maybe someone just choose to spend their money on a XBox360 or a PS Vita, instead of a 3DS. or maybe they want to repurchase the games on 3DS XL or 2DS, or any 3DS system released after February 2012.
weird i still have my ds lite that i bought about 7 years ago... and that baby went with me for 4 years and a half in the army.

also comparing the 3DS to the 3DS XL is pure madness, as it had Major improvements, the entire reason they re-designed the 3DS XL is because they had so many complaints. the original 3DS has shorter battery life, bad design flaws, and is hard to hold for any normal adult human hands. thats just a fact.
i like how "its hard for adults to hold" is a fact

But Nintendo didn't even announce it.
If you weren't looking for, you woudn't even know there were revisions for the original 3DS
they said they corrected the flaw in their apologize for scratched screens... i had to look for it because superspudz asked for it...

Matter of taste my ass, having the stylus relocated make it easier to get it while playing.
How are you going to take the stylus and then put it back without pausing or stop playing?
i like that when i say its a matter of taste that I, and many more, prefer something is plain wrong
Smoother? Really? Well, that's what really is a matter of taste,
but they aren't as responsive as 3DS XL buttons, naturally because it has oldschool buttons instead of a touch sensitive pannel,
so for me, 3DS XL has smoother buttons.
but when you do prefer something its a fact.

You went full retard, never go full retard.
Have you even played on a 3DS XL, it last longer beacause the battery is bigger enough to make it even with bigger screens.
Don't say something if you don't know about it.
i dont own a 3ds XL, but i have played with a friend who does.

after a full night charging we went for a hunt on monster hunter 3U, me and his brother with a 3ds and him with the 3dsXL.

all with full brightness without save mode, 3ds on, the 3dsXL died first, then my 3ds and last the brother's 3ds.

both of the 3dses are ambassadors so they are pretty old already...

from wikipedia:
3ds:1300 mAh lithium-ion battery[hide]
  • 3DS games: 3 to 5 hours
    DS games: 5 to 8 hours
    Sleep Mode: ≈ 3 days

3dsXL:1750 mAh lithium-ion battery[hide]
  • 3DS games: 3.5 to 6.5 hours
    DS games: 6 to 10 hours
while it does have "longer battery life", as long as you are not in preservative mode (no 3ds no brightness no wireless) in the middle of the jungle counting every single second the 3ds is on, half an hour doesnt really makes a big difference, and like i said before, it all depends on the quality of the parts you get

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
they said they corrected the flaw in their apologize for scratched screens... i had to look for it because superspudz asked for it...

You're missing the point here, if you hadn't been looking for this info,
you wouldn't even know it, there was no announce of a new hardware revision.
While with 3DS XL is kind of a hardware revision, and since it's newer than the original,
it's natural to look if the flaws of the original have been corrected or not,
and in a place like GBATemp, these corrections have been widespread.

i like that when i say its a matter of taste that I, and many more, prefer something is plain wrong
but when you do prefer something its a fact.

I didn't say that if you prefer the original position of stylus is wrong, if you prfer that way.
I said that the position of stylus on 3DS XL makes it easier to use.
It seems pretty logical what I said, and if you don't agree, why don't you use an argument why it should be better been on top?
Probably because there isn't and you have nothing to say.

i dont own a 3ds XL, but i have played with a friend who does.

after a full night charging we went for a hunt on monster hunter 3U, me and his brother with a 3ds and him with the 3dsXL.

all with full brightness without save mode, 3ds on, the 3dsXL died first, then my 3ds and last the brother's 3ds.

both of the 3dses are ambassadors so they are pretty old already...

That situation is really hard to believe, since everywhere you'll see,
all information points that 3DS XL has a bigger battery life.

from wikipedia:
3ds:1300 mAh lithium-ion battery[hide]
  • 3DS games: 3 to 5 hours
    DS games: 5 to 8 hours

3dsXL:1750 mAh lithium-ion battery[hide]
  • 3DS games: 3.5 to 6.5 hours
    DS games: 6 to 10 hours
while it does have "longer battery life", as long as you are not in preservative mode (no 3ds no brightness no wireless) in the middle of the jungle counting every single second the 3ds is on, half an hour doesnt really makes a big difference, and like i said before, it all depends on the quality of the parts you get
[/quote]

Half an hour? Well, you show the worst possible situation and yet 3DS XL lasts longer.
It can last if playing 3DS an hour and half.
If we talk about DS games, this difference shows even bigger.

The battery isn't only bigger, but last longer on 3DS XL,
you clearly was wrong, and your source shows it.
I'm not sure what's your point now.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're missing the point here, if you hadn't been looking for this info,
you wouldn't even know it, there was no announce of a new hardware revision.
???

i already told you i didnt looked that info up but was part of the apologize nintendo released for those scratches...

also ofcourse there was no announce of new hardware revision because there wasnt any hardware revision? all they did was use bigger bumps on the upper screen, you could clearly see that on the links i put before if you really wanted
I didn't say that if you prefer the original position of stylus is wrong, if you prfer that way.
I said that the position of stylus on 3DS XL makes it easier to use.
It seems pretty logical what I said, and if you don't agree, why don't you use an argument why it should be better been on top?
Probably because there isn't and you have nothing to say.
1. they didnt had many options for the stylus placement because the 3ds itself is smaller
2. putting the stylus on the upper side is easier to get it out while changing games
3. i can get the stylus out of the console with any of my hands depending on the game i am playing
4. after years of using my ds lite the stylus slot itself got a bit wider and because of that the stylus fell many times while putting it in the top makes it harder to fall from it because, you know... gravity?

1. putting it in either side forces you to use that hand to get it out.

i didnt used any argument because most of them are plain stupid, a matter of choice/taste and personal experience. but at the same time so are your arguments.

That situation is really hard to believe, since everywhere you'll see,
all information points that 3DS XL has a bigger battery life.
i couldnt care less if you believe me or not. fact is that the quality of the parts you get on your console can make it act a bit different than someone else console. it can make it hotter, make it more vulnerable, drain the battery faster or not work right out of the box.

The battery isn't only bigger, but last longer on 3DS XL,
you clearly was wrong, and your source shows it.
I'm not sure what's your point now.
the battery is bigger, it should last longer, my source shows it.
my point is that even if the battery life is longer, its not by much. also that not always everything works like on paper.

lastly this whole discussion begun from superspud's comment that "everyone who got a regular 3ds is stupid" - which is plain wrong

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
???

i already told you i didnt looked that info up but was part of the apologize nintendo released for those scratches...

also ofcourse there was no announce of new hardware revision because there wasnt any hardware revision? all they did was use bigger bumps on the upper screen, you could clearly see that on the links i put before if you really wanted

If the hardware is different, even sightly, it's a hardware revision, even if isn't sold as one.
Not only the bumbers changed, the screen of the older models have a better color accuracy,
and therefore are different screens.

1. they didnt had many options for the stylus placement because the 3ds itself is smaller

DS Lite and DSi are less volumous and yet were able to fit it on it's side.
If the hardware was projected differently, it probably could fit the stylus on it's side,
and that's what probably is going to happen if there is a new 3DS model

2. putting the stylus on the upper side is easier to get it out while changing games

And why would you need to get it while changing games.
How is that any better than getting it the time you want it.

3. i can get the stylus out of the console with any of my hands depending on the game i am playing

Good for you, but most people don't have this "gift".

4. after years of using my ds lite the stylus slot itself got a bit wider and because of that the stylus fell many times while putting it in the top makes it harder to fall from it because, you know... gravity?

And what does it have to do with anything on this discussion?
Do you think it was falling just because it was on the side of the console?
It depends on how the stylus is done, how it fit on that whole, it's not just about positions.

1. putting it in either side forces you to use that hand to get it out.

But that still is easier to get, no matter how inclined is the screen, it will always be possible to take it just fine,
and yet you can still use your left hand for the analog or d-pad(considering it always have been on the right side)

i couldnt care less if you believe me or not. fact is that the quality of the parts you get on your console can make it act a bit different than someone else console. it can make it hotter, make it more vulnerable, drain the battery faster or not work right out of the box.

Every 3DS XL tested, by every reviewer, have it's battery to lanst longer than the original 3DS.
Tou guys were playing the same game, but were you always at the same part,
did everything that were shown at that 3DS XL screen were the exaclty same as the original 3DS?
I guess not. Depending on how dark or light is the picture shown, the screen will drain more or less battery.
Try letting it show the same photo with the same brightness in both, then you can say how well the battery works on both.

the battery is bigger, it should last longer, my source shows it.
my point is that even if the battery life is longer, its not by much. also that not always everything works like on paper.

It can last up to two hours more, which is a lot, considering it's 25% more than on original 3DS, given the same configurations for both.

lastly this whole discussion begun from superspud's comment that "everyone who got a regular 3ds is stupid" - which is plain wrong
Agreed

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to disappoint you but it's not in it. after beating hero mode the ending is just different that is all :P.

Well, there you go.

+1 for the "idiots" who bought 3DSs and downloaded Four Swords.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte