New Wii update email from Nintendo

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ATHLONX2, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ATHLONX2
    OP

ATHLONX2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2006
    Wondering if anyone has the same problem i have. My Wii has the 3.0E update and i keep getting an email from nintendo saying i have a update. I click on the update button it connects then says my machine has the latest updates installed already???

Any ideas?

2. Wuschmaster

Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2006
    United States
    if it's modded that is normal
    modded wiis often act weird

3. stormbob

stormbob Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2007
    Funny, i got 3.0E aswell, no mails from Nintendo. Have you runned any updates from a NTSC game? Like MP3 or so.

4. ATHLONX2
    OP

ATHLONX2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2006
    Yes i did! Silly me, i only discovered the problem with MP3 after i ran the update. And i have the 2 channel problem aswell.

5. brunno537

brunno537 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2007
    Brazil
    The same thing happened with me yesterday!! I already got the last update but i receive d a messge telling me to update my wii and when i put to update it says that i already have the last update!! I don't have modchips installed..Very Weird!! Try to ignore that! That1s what I'm doing

6. Cubed

Cubed Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2005
    Concerning updates.. they can only brick your Wii if you run a game which isn't from your region with a chipped Wii? I just got a Wii (unchipped) and I should update it, right?

7. xbandaidx

xbandaidx GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    Hmm, if you keep getting an e-mail at least you get a blue light on all the time?

8. sphere9

sphere9 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2007
    i got this email after i did my update to 3.0E and i have no other updates =[

my wii isn't modded either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice