Hacking New Wii is bricked, need help urgently.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Barmy said:
WiiShizzza said:
xzxero is absolutly right. His said is the way to go.

Okay, so....

On the main Dop screen should I choose to load IOS36, and edit everything through that? Or should I load through a different IOS? And after loading an IOS, do I just choose "IOS" and then hit right until IOS70 comes up? And then do I go to the System Menu option on the menu and re-install the System Menu through there?

Sorry for the (probably) basic questions, but my only experience with Dop is the few functions used in the guide, and as I said, even then I didn't see exactly the same screens that were pictured (ie. no "classic" menu).

You said you used TBR to patch ios36, so you can run dop ios off of ios36.
Then choose IOS, hit right until ios70 and reinstall it. then install system menu. just like you said.

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you also reinstall the Systemmenu then you have to reinstall Priiloader again, so just install Prilloader afterwards. Don't forget to Apply Truch Bug to IOS70 in DopIOS Mod.
Like already mentionend, run DopIOS through Preloader install function, then install IOS70(Trucha) and SM 4.2 again. After that install Priiloader and everything should work fine.

If you wanna play Backups, you have to remove the IOS222, IOS223, IOS249, IOS250 Stubs and install Wanins(r17) and/or Hermes(r4) cIOSs.

Barmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dmon84 said:
then install IOS70(Trucha)

This is the last thing I'm not sure of, I think. How am I supposed to properly install this IOS?

In the Softmod Guide, it says to create a folder tree of 00000001 > 00000046 > v6687 on the root of your SD card, and place the IOS70 files downloaded by NUS in there. It also says not to pack the files into a wad. However, when I got to that step in the guide, I didn't see the "Classic" Dop screen it says I should be seeing after selecting IOS (with the blue title bar), and then when I tried installing IOS70 v6687 Dop tried looking for a wad file when I selected "load from usb". So I'm not entirely sure I was doing the right thing when I got to that part (I got around it by just downloading the files direct to my wii via the wifi option).

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
If using preloader and 4.2 set ios to ios60 not 70 for me it would sys corrupt on 70 using preloader 0.29.
edit
reading the first post again it looks like its cant find HBC because its looking for HAXX not JODI

Just set sys menu ios to IOS60 then boot to sys menu and update preloader to either JODI patched or priiloader (from priiloader use IOS70).

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preloader probably can't find it because he's using an older preloader and a new HBC 1.0.5 or higher which isn't named HAXX, but JIDC or whatever.

Wynd

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wyndcrosser said:
preloader probably can't find it because he's using an older preloader and a new HBC 1.0.5 or higher which isn't named HAXX, but JIDC or whatever.
JODI, not JIDC
rolleyes.gif

Barmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped last night. As of this morning I can access the system menu again!

However, there's still a niggling problem (which occurred only after I installed Priiloader... AGAIN!). I followed xzxero's instructions in this post exactly. After using Dop to reinstall IOS70 and System Menu 4.2E, everything was working perfectly. The Wii would boot, go to the health screen, and then take me to a fully working System Menu. So from there I went into the HBC and re-installed Priiloader (as it had been removed after reinstalling the System Menu). However, after re-installing Priiloader, my Wii Remote does not work on the System Menu. It works on the Priiloader boot screen, and it works on the HBC if I go there from Priiloader, but if I go to the System Menu then the buttons stop working and I have no on-screen cursor. The remote is not becoming unsynced, because the first blue LED remains lit.

Is there a fix for this? I don't want to ditch Priiloader, but I'm going to need my wii remotes working on the system menu (they also cut out completely, ie. the LED turns off and they refuse to resync, on Waninkoko's cIOS installer).

Barmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done some more probing and I've found that the Wiimote works fine on the System Menu... as long as there is no disc in the tray. A few moments after adding a disc, my cursor disappears and my buttons cease to function (the blue LED on the wiimote remains lit, however). Also, the image of the Wii disc just keeps spinning and never actually reads the game I put in. So apparently my Wii can't play discs at all right now - fixing this problem is my biggest concern.

I also found that, using the cIOS38r17 Installer, if I choose to install through IOS249 then the app freezes and my wiimote disconnects, but if I choose to install through IOS36 then the process continues. However, at the end of the process I get an installation error "ret = -1035". I've read around and I've seen various explanations for this error, but I'm sure I have a vulnerable IOS to install through (IOS36 has worked for everything else I've done) and I've already used Dop to delete the IOS249 stub (and if I try deleting it again, Dop tells me it can't find it, so I know it is definitely gone). So again, I'm kind've stuck.

I really appreciate everyone's help so far. If I could just get the Wii back to a position where it can play games off the disc then I'll be really happy.

edit: Okay, so after lots of googling I downgraded Priiloader to 0.2, and now everything works fine. Games can load, the Wiimote doesn't cut out, etc. So now the only problem I have is my apparent inability to install cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0