New USA President!

  • Thread starter Thread starter bendevnull
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 63,793
  • Replies Replies 912
  • Likes Likes 11
  • Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions. Saying NO to fascists/nazis - if you are one of those, you are not welcome here
I too like to judge an entire group based upon the actions of some of its members. For example, I can find a racist person who supports Trump, therefore Trump supporters are racist. See how intellectually honest we're being right now?
Oh my god

I've never seen such brilliance
 
  • Like
Reactions: SomecallmeBerto
Oh my goodness, facepalm moment for me. I saw the term "MAGA" today, never saw it before, #MAGA and stuff, and I googled for the definition. Sigh. Aside from following Dragon Ball shows and another series, I'm mostly behind the ball on things.
 
I too like to judge an entire group based upon the actions of some of its members. For example, I can find a racist person who supports Trump, therefore Trump supporters are racist. See how intellectually honest we're being right now?
Doesn't really work like that. The left has constantly been targetting anyone that supports to be "racist", "alt-right", "xenophobic", "sexist", "misogynist", "Islamophobic", "anti-immigration" and whatever other trendy term the mainstream comes up with in hopes it'll stick (just like the terrible jokes in Ghostbusters 2016). The point is, if the left wanted to prove how much better they are then they wouldn't come up with suppositions and behave like civilised people.

You have those on those videos and then the internet which has plenty to fill a black hole.

P.S. Don't forget the celebrities too trying to prove how they're for the people. Haha. Celebrities and "for the people." That is comedic.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chary
The left has constantly been targetting anyone that supports to be "racist", "alt-right", "xenophobic", "sexist", "misogynist", "Islamophobic", "anti-immigration" and whatever other trendy term the mainstream comes up with in hopes it'll stick (just like the terrible jokes in Ghostbusters 2016). The point is, if the left wanted to prove how much better they are then they wouldn't come up with suppositions and behave like civilised people.

Yes, let's generalize some more.
 
Let's all stop arguing for a moment and recognize how cute this moment is


It was kind of sad that this was orchestrated to take place at the same time as Obama's closing remarks as he flew out of Washington.

I was watching the nbc live broadcast on youtube, and they cut Obama's speech half-way through to show Trump signing these executive orders.
 
It was kind of sad that this was orchestrated to take place at the same time as Obama's closing remarks as he flew out of Washington.

I was watching the nbc live broadcast on youtube, and they cut Obama's speech half-way through to show Trump signing these executive orders.
Oh well... I guess we'll have to listen to Obama speak some other time :P
 
You know, since I'm Italian, I should've nothing to do with your american politics and whatnot, but from what I've seen throughout
all of this, I've just got one thing to say to all of America: Good luck. You're gonna need it. Badly.
 
His speech was pretty bad.
I honestly consider his speech to have been objectively good, regardless on your views on the man. Whether you agree with the content or not, the speech was well balanced between anti-establishment rhetoric and looking more 'Presidential', while also hitting the right notes on jobs and industry in a sensible way. In terms of the qualities of the speech itself, I'd say it accomplished what it set out to do.
 
Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Let's all stop arguing for a moment and recognize how cute this moment is



See that's why I think Barron will be a source of memes for the next 4 years, at least random bits of comedy. Speaking of comedy, haha at Shia LeBeouf.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Chary
See that's why I think Barron will be a source of memes for the next 4 years, at least random bits of comedy. Speaking of comedy, haha at Shia LeBeouf.
And while I think the kid will provide hilarious memes, it also kinda worries me. It's got to be tough to be the son of one of the most controversial presidents in recent history. And he's apparently going to still attend regular public school.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted