New USA President!

  • Thread starter Thread starter bendevnull
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 63,734
  • Replies Replies 912
  • Likes Likes 11
  • Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions. Saying NO to fascists/nazis - if you are one of those, you are not welcome here
The jobs aren't coming back in any meaningful numbers. Automation is going to keep advancing. The low-skill jobs will either be done for decreasingly less pay until automation takes over. No amount of politics or wishful thinking will change that.

Pretty grim prediction there...
 
It's not even a far-fetched idea. This is pretty much the consensus. Automation is going to cause a massive chunk of workers to become unemployable.
 
It's not even a far-fetched idea. This is pretty much the consensus. Automation is going to cause a massive chunk of workers to become unemployable.

This is very true. Low skill works are very expensives when compared to a machine who doesn't take any sick days off,no union laws, insurance etc.
 
It's not even a far-fetched idea. This is pretty much the consensus. Automation is going to cause a massive chunk of workers to become unemployable.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, and you're likely right. Just wish it wasn't happening.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SomecallmeBerto
LOL this made me laugh a bit:
C2o4_Vg_NXAAEv9_Ki.jpg


Thank you Mr Trump for promising to put "AMERICA First"!
 
Last edited by el_gonz87,
I'm trying to remain optimistic. Here's hoping nothing awful will happen over the next four (or eight) years.

It's better to have a laughingstock as a president than a legitimate maniac
 
  • Like
Reactions: GuyInDogSuit
I'm trying to remain optimistic. Here's hoping nothing awful will happen over the next four (or eight) years.

It's better to have a laughingstock as a president than a legitimate maniac

True, that. It's fun to watch him blow up on Twitter.

I have a Chrome extension that inserts quotes from the Trump every time his name is mentioned. So this time it said, Donald "All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me" Trump. lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Not this "sexual assault" crap again. No he was either a. taking about gold diggers or B. just taking shit...something both genders do.

Hey if you feel ok defending what he said, good on you I guess, you have every right to do so. I would never personally talk that way about a woman and I find it disgusting, and I'm just some nobody that would never run for president.
 
Everybody except who I liked sucked and will lead/or would have lead this country to disaster! /s

Anyway between Clinton and Trump it was cholera or gonorrhea but cholera won so....
 
Ah, another day where politics are discussed, I'm just dropping by to say I won't be discussing or debating any kind of political topics because of agreeing issues, etc. So just thought I'd say hi and then leave.
If you think about it, agreeing issues are not exclusive to politics here. People disagree pretty much anywhere, whether it's about which CFW is better, which console is better, if the Switch is a tablet or not or even whose waifu or husbando is better. People love to agree to disagree on pretty much everything.
 
Say this quote from someone on Facebook:

"The ultimate problem when discussing politics anywhere: When people make statements about politics is that is often presents in a problem/solution way. Everyone inputs a way to solve a problem, but another person isnt in agreement, and the clash creates many pathways or problem/solutions, that continue to clash in mostly "what if" senarios..in which there rarely, if ever come to an actually answer that is suitable to everyone. Due to mulitudes of "what ifs" and "what abouts", the process because weighty, some have strong beliefs in their way of thinging and becomes dismissive, insulting, domineering, which inturn is reflected back at each other leading to massive amount of butthurt, discontinued friendships, and other such negative outcomes. So, nothing is still solved, except now once open minds are now closed and pissed off, and whatever it was that started the discussion still lingers.. waiting for the next batch of people to have crack at it and pretty much coming to the same result."

If I said that I didn't agree with Clinton, her ideologies, beliefs, policies, etc, I would be branded a bigot, a misogynist, etc and be publicly eviscerated. Just saying, it's getting so people aren't allowed to have opinions that aren't in line with someone else's, that's what pisses me off the most about politics. Heaven forbid someone has a different opinion than you, you don't have ridicule or crucify someone because they think differently and don't agree with what one thinks. Let's agree that neither candidate is all that great.

If you think about it, agreeing issues are not exclusive to politics here. People disagree pretty much anywhere, whether it's about which CFW is better, which console is better, if the Switch is a tablet or not or even whose waifu or husbando is better. People love to agree to disagree on pretty much everything.

Which pisses me off, and it's the reason I no longer want to willingly express my political beliefs unless I'm coerced.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RevPokemon
If you think about it, agreeing issues are not exclusive to politics here. People disagree pretty much anywhere, whether it's about which CFW is better, which console is better, if the Switch is a tablet or not or even whose waifu or husbando is better. People love to agree to disagree on pretty much everything.

Bravo!
 
Everybody except who I liked sucked and will lead/or would have lead this country to disaster! /s

Anyway between Clinton and Trump it was cholera or gonorrhea but cholera won so....

This is the truth. We'd have been best off with Bernie, and I'm not even a big Bernie fan either.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted