• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not American, but I thought the whole point of the system was to give smaller states representation?

If it was just vote numbers, wouldn't the more populated coastal states basically set policy for the whole country? That doesn't seem very fair either.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Not American, but I thought the whole point of the system was to give smaller states representation?

If it was just vote numbers, wouldn't the more populated coastal states basically set policy for the whole country? That doesn't seem very fair either.

That's exactly what it would be. There'd be no chance for the other party.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its messed up hillary should of won they should really fix the electrol collage problem exspecially with things like this http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-vote-donald-trump-us-election-a7487901.html that is redicoulus and just shows that our country is not a true democracy.
1) we are a republic of states, not a true democracy
2) it stops california and new york from deciding the results of every election
3) it gives every state a voice, where the small ones would be completely ignored if it was popular vote system

Reactions: Chary and evandixon

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
When i say 'Fuck you racist american bastards' i'm not insulting everyone in this thread.
Only ppl who voted for Trump.

Do you actually have a reason to hate him? Like, a logical and well thought out argument to support your opinion?

Also? To say everyone who voted for Trump is racist is actually rather stupid.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Its messed up hillary should of won they should really fix the electrol collage problem exspecially with things like this http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-vote-donald-trump-us-election-a7487901.html that is redicoulus and just shows that our country is not a true democracy.
You need to understand how bad Hillary Clinton would have been, yes, Donald Trump's a buffoon, but I don't feel like the USA was electing trump, I feel as if they were electing anyone that wasn't Clinton. She's a warmonger and she'd leave the country in the state of pure "when will we be killed", she's also very corrupt. I hate to argue against the democratic party, since that's where I stand mainly, but Hillary is a nightmare. Bernie should have won, but they had to screw themselves over by rigging it for him.

Last edited by iAqua,
Reactions: Xanthe

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) we are a republic of states, not a true democracy
2) it stops california and new york from deciding the results of every election
3) it gives every state a voice, where the small ones would be completely ignored if it was popular vote system
The arguments against the Electoral College far outweigh the arguments for it.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of these comments are just outright ignorant and piss me off. I really do not feel like getting in a political argument so I won't say anything to anyone directly :)

But just for the record, I am a proud Trump supporter

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to watch Trump and Pence fail to make Muslims wear ID tags and abolish LGBT rights lmao.
"I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens"
Quite the opposite, actually. Pence is anti-gay, but that would never succeed in our republican congress.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
"I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens"
Quite the opposite, actually. Pence is anti-gay, but that would never succeed in our republican congress.
Pence is a genius pick. Prevents crazies from trying to assassinate trump cuz then Pence would take office and start writing executive orders all over the place that could freak out the LGBT people.

Reactions: Deleted User

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start off by saying sorry to the rest of the world... I can't take these next 4 years seriously. Many people think that if one side wins, the other side's concerns dissapear, but the fact is that Trump is a servant to the American people. Every U.S. citizen has to speak out to our representation and make sure our concerns are heard.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you f*cking kidding me?
Good thing i turned my pesos to usd.
Fuck you racist american bastards.

Your flag says otherwise, and wanting one thing over another isn't racism in and of itself. Wanting better regulation on ILLEGAL immigration is not racism either. Assuming all 315 million Americans are racist is a pretty damn bold, not to mention, unsubstantiated, assumption. The same can be said of any other country, people, etc.

When i say 'Fuck you racist american bastards' i'm not insulting everyone in this thread.
Only ppl who voted for Trump.

Interesting, because I could easy target the opposite party and would say that so and so is power hungry and responsible for the deaths of people in Benghazi, but where would that get us. But I won't. And to think that just because people vote differently than you does NOT mean they are racist; we don't have to, nor should we be compelled to vote the way you want everyone else to vote. This isn't North Korea. If there wasn't a two party system, or only one candidate, that would be called a dictatorship. People can vote and voice their opinions as they please, that's the great part of the US, if you try to take that away, then it's not a democracy.

I'm tempted to back out, these topics solve nothing.

Lol stereotype much? Are you just mad he's cracking down on ILLEGAL immigration?

Illegal is not a race, it's a crime, and when you break the law, there are consequences. Illegal immigration is a problem in many nations.

I get the impression people are going to hate my guts for voicing my opinions as neutral as I can.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

One time I lost an argument to a potato...do not underestimate those foul beasts
5376071187_98894328e8.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1