Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
i have a better idea

since you got a modchip for this "method" why not replace the main dol of your backup with a dol that will set the bootstate to 3, with returnto flag to settings and reboots.
this will start sys menu in the settings menu when you autostart the game
wink.gif

koto_azure

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Daco

Not sure what you mean. @_@

My Wii could not load up boot disks though, should have mentioned that. So, this was the only method for me too use. I think my CIOS was not the correct one, or it was because the Trucha bug was not installed. Or something. I just know that no custom back up disks would work. X3

Which made my predicament rather annoying. >

koto_azure

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not the mod chip that allows custom disks. The mod chip only lets you autoboot. If you don't have the trucha bug, which I did not, I don't think you can run boot disks.

Though, I was able to play normal Wii games (except Brawl) with only the DriveKey installed.

But, without this method of getting into the Data Management screen, I could have never unbricked my Wii.
happy.gif
At least to my knowledge!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This could help wii's that do not have a patched system ios, but have a patched ios36 from TBR or other method. This only works on wiis with a patched ios36, but it will work if data management is somehow corrupt or inaccessible.

Method- Castlevania Judgment

How to load HB apps from disk, without a patched system ios. Requires ios36 to be patched, from TBR or dop-mii or other method.

If you where silly (stupid) and did not install priiloader, and did not patch your system ios, and for some reason managed to brick your wii in a banner like way- you are basically screwed. But perhaps not yet.

Fixing these type a bricks is a pain, and there are very few options to try. So here is another one-

What does this do- Loads wadmanager 1.4 from autoboot disk, when ios36 is patched but the system ios is not.

Requirements-
Functional RM via savmii/savmiifrii (gc-controller)
Ios36 must have the fakesign bug, aka trucha bug.
You will need a modchip, preconfigured to autoboot, region free enabled
Castlevania Judgment, unscrubbed iso
(tested with ntsc-u version)

Download:
iso-tools.zip
WM_1.4.dol.zip
Extract to the location of Castlevania Judgment iso.

-Burn Castlevania Judgment iso, burn it good and proper

-Run MakeKeyBin.exe, type 42, click generate

-Run WIIScrubber.exe
Click load ISO, select Castlevania Judgment iso
Double click Partition 1- data
Right click on main.dol,
Click replace
Select WM_1.4.dol
main.dol name will not change
Exit

-Burn the patched Castlevania Judgment iso, burn it good and proper

-Boot the wii and load the Recovery Menu via savemii/savemiifrii.
You should see a black screen with your system menu version #

-Insert your Castlevania Judgment disk, it should boot
Let the game load to the intro movie, eject the disk
you will see "error please instert Castlevania Judgment disk"

-Insert you patched Castlevania Judgment disk
The intro movie plays again, goto the main game menu
Push "Home" on the wiimote and click "restart"

-Wadmanager 1.4 will load,
push A to install/uninstall wads, or
push B to exit to HBC

-Now fix your wii, you will have to have some idea of what you need to do.

If wadmanager fails to load and you are booted to your brick error- you do not have a patched ios36
If the patched game boots to a black screen, there is an issue with your main.dol, tray again or try another useful dol.

Games that I know use ios36- Mario Kart, SSBB, Castlevania Judgment- if you know of others, let me know
Mario Kart- fails with this method (at least the ntsc version)
SSBB- ntsc does not work, pal version may work

This method can be duplicated with other games running on other ios, as long as the ios is patched. If you think you have other patched ios, you can try other games.

Ios36 is the most common patched ios loaded by games. That is why it was chosen here.

ternar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warning

don't use Wii Ski in the last try

because it wont let you go to the Data management
instead it will lead you to the channel screen . then it will reset to the game

SonicShadowSilve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring up a semi-old thread, but will this work with a brick caused by a bad theme install? I dont think it because it corrupts everything, but still do you think this will work for me?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have installed a bad theme, and no priiloader or bootmii as boot2, you are in deep taffioca.

Installing themes without the above is just downright stupid.

You should start a new thread. Or use the Search function.

SonicShadowSilve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
If you have installed a bad theme, and no priiloader or bootmii as boot2, you are in deep taffioca.

I actually did and i have my own thread, (you even posted on it!) and now im serching for answers, thats why i went to this thread to ask questions. I hope im going to be the first one to unbrick from a bad theme install with this method.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SonicShadowSilver77 said:
C.S.I. said:

I actually did and i have my own thread, (you even posted on it!) and now im serching for answers, thats why i went to this thread to ask questions. I hope im going to be the first one to unbrick from a bad theme install with this method.

You won't be able to fix your wii with this method... With a SmashStack pal exploit you can, but that doesn't exist at the moment. Watch the Mario Pwns thread and see if they ever come up with booting NTSC SSBB through Mario Kart PAL (or other game)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well I was just fiddling with this banner bricked wii and failed with the rabbids go home due to lots of storage space on nand...

Now booting wii fit plus and going to settings to change date & time and stuff... I just noticed I could just format system memory and easily remove the offending channel...

Of course it will also thrash the saves, then I navigated back from the settings... there what I see... I can access Data Management... So no need to do the rabbids go home workaround or emptying the nand...

To my next surprise, banner bricking channel behaved in the Data Management's channel menu
smile.gif

There I go, banner bricked wii fixed without using any exploit or homebrew
smile.gif

Possibly this wii's banner brick was exceptional... It was bricked by a game forwarder channel...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Well I was just fiddling with this banner bricked wii and failed with the rabbids go home due to lots of storage space on nand...

Now booting wii fit plus and going to settings to change date & time and stuff... I just noticed I could just format system memory and easily remove the offending channel...

Of course it will also thrash the saves, then I navigated back from the settings... there what I see... I can access Data Management... So no need to do the rabbids go home workaround or emptying the nand...

To my next surprise, banner bricking channel behaved in the Data Management's channel menu
smile.gif

smile.gif

Possibly this wii's banner brick was exceptional... It was bricked by a game forwarder channel...

So with Wii Fit Plus you can access Data Management without filling the NAND with saves first? That is a pretty great find if I am understanding you correctly.

stefanox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
WiiCrazy said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

So with Wii Fit Plus you can access Data Management without filling the NAND with saves first? That is a pretty great find if I am understanding you correctly.

NOT working, when trying to get to the systemmenu to change time and date "003 error"

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can not fix error 003 without a patched ios currently installed on the wii that would be loaded by a game. This is only usually present if you installed cioscorp.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stefanox said:
SifJar said:
WiiCrazy said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

NOT working, when trying to get to the systemmenu to change time and date "003 error"

OK, so only useful for bannerbricks/theme bricks without proper protection then. Still has its uses though.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SifJar said:

Yeah pretty much..

QUOTE(SifJar @ Nov 7 2010, 08:56 PM) OK, so only useful for bannerbricks/theme bricks without proper protection then. Still has its uses though.

Actually it depends on the nature of the brick... Banner Brick and even Theme Brick can be in different forms... In my case for example the banner was an official disk banner which had a good header & good images but somewhat failing in System Menu... Instead If I had a banner brick with unsupported images or invalid banner header maybe then I might have had problem getting into data management's channel screen... Same with Theme Brick, if you totally failed putting an acceptable file there then you can't even go to settings through this workaround...

For banner bricks though, at least you have the extra option of formatting system memory with a cost of losing your saves...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
SifJar said:

Yeah pretty much..

QUOTE(SifJar @ Nov 7 2010, 08:56 PM) OK, so only useful for bannerbricks/theme bricks without proper protection then. Still has its uses though.

Actually it depends on the nature of the brick... Banner Brick and even Theme Brick can be in different forms... In my case for example the banner was an official disk banner which had a good header & good images but somewhat failing in System Menu... Instead If I had a banner brick with unsupported images or invalid banner header maybe then I might have had problem getting into data management's channel screen... Same with Theme Brick, if you totally failed putting an acceptable file there then you can't even go to settings through this workaround...

For banner bricks though, at least you have the extra option of formatting system memory with a cost of losing your saves...

Well if the bannerbrick is in a channel, surely you can still access the save section of data management, copy an exploit save to the Wii, then run the exploit game and trigger the exploit to load ATD and delete the bad channel?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SifJar said:
WiiCrazy said:
SifJar said:

Yeah pretty much..

Well if the bannerbrick is in a channel, surely you can still access the save section of data management, copy an exploit save to the Wii, then run the exploit game and trigger the exploit to load ATD and delete the bad channel?

Yes you can access data management's save section and move on... What intrigues me though why I was able to do this workaround but others resorted to rabbids go home & nand space trick... No one clicked back in wii settings? Or people getting a banner brick who do also own a balance board is very minor? Or anything else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...