Hacking New Unbricking Method For (Bannerbricks) 4.1v Wii's and below

dorienasder

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
othelpa said:
Now I am trying to use the above method. I use SSBB Pal for info about rest of memory, I made saves of many games and I had Rabbids, Mario Kart, wii fit and wii fit plus channels installed before 4.2 update, SSBB shows 108 blocks even if I played Sims Agents Sims Kingdom, NFS Nitro.

QUOTE(benfleet1 @ Dec 14 2009, 04:21 PM) I have loaded lots of games and only seen my memory blocks reduce from 110 and now seems stuck on 108 for the last 2 days. Not sure I can do anything to get the blocks down anymore.

Just wanted to point out: I've looked into this, and you'll find that that 108 blocks ist the number of blocks free inside the ssbb save file, so it has nothing to do with the space left on the wii in general. SSBB save always takes 128 blocks. 108 is what you have left after standard game info has been saved. That's why many people have 108.

Dbgtgoten, is there a way to view actual free blocks in SSBB or did you misinterpret the number and it just happened to work for you because your wii was actually low on space?

othelpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benfleet1 said:
When starting Wii Fit and setting a profile or Mii it asks you to confirm if the date and time are correct. Click that it is not correct and it will take you to the Wii settings screen. I could go anywhere from date and time and to the right but when I went left and clicked on data management it reset back to wii fit.

in wii fit I start game disc, try to change mii for player 1, accepts with no time questions.
try to create player 3, set a mii for it and no time questions, it accepts everything.
reset time and date on wii, shorting battery contacts.
After it I enter wii settings, and the only question I got is "Have we travelled in time?" and a suggestion to set the right time in Settings menu, giving me only option to go next.

I wonder is there any other way to change the date and set WIIConnect or Maybe You version of wii fit is different from mine... ( I've got Wii fit PAL (original) WiiFit PAL modded ao autoboot and WII fit PLus PAL modded to autoboot)

othelpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the Workaround,
Generally it maybe works, but on 4.2 EUR with 003 error, Wasabi zero, it asks to sent me to the Memory Management, i accept it and after it sends me to SysMenu (error 003)
if I accept Memory Management with all directions pressed it Shows me RM screen with 4.2 (eur) and after a while boots my Game Disc

sarvac

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !!!
Your workaround is my last hope...I tried all methods i find on the internet but no results.
So I've a wii 4.2e with wiikey 1 and i would like to know if it's possible to use your exploit with my wiikey ?
Thank you very much for your help...
wink.gif

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Wack0 said:
I wonder what it does to launch 1-2 at Data Management ?
set the bootstate flag to 3 & return to flag to settings in state.dat and reboot the wii
bootstate 3 says the wii rebooted and the return to tells system menu to go back to the system settings.
its not that hard really

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a look at wiilaunch.c and .h from libogc. there are magic functions there to just to most pages in the settings, among other things.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
popoffka said:
tattar8 said:
popoffka said:
Hey, isn't it possible to just boot HBC using Preloader/BootMii(boot2) and remove the incorrectly installed channel using AnyTitle Deleter?
What if you don't have them?
Then you're stupid
smile.gif

I think that it's really stupid to mess with WADs without Preloader.

Well duh. Hindsight it a brilliant thing ain't it? This is for people who DID mess with stuff without protection like preloader or BootMii, its too late for "oh well you should have been more careful"; that does no one any good, this is useful for those people. If you don't have a use for it, go away, you don't have to comment on it. There are people who do have a use for it, such as the OP and several other posters in this thread. You don't have to insult those people who did not do the necessary research before messing with dangerous stuff (although I agree that you should research more and be careful, but thats no good to the people who are already bricked).

mainecrab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found a great way to speed this up without having to backup your games and set them to autoboot. If you have a modchip installed that will autoboot then of course you would not need to backup your games and set them to autoboot.

For this to work you will need to have internet access with the Wii. Meaning that wifi was setup when it was working or you have an external NIC for getting online. You still use the Rabbids game for getting to the management screen since that seems to work flawlessly. The issue I had with this is I didnt know how many blocks I had left to fill. I found that RockBand 2 when you go to the store will allow you to select a song and see how much space you have left on the NAND. As well there are 20 downloadable songs that are free to do so. So now you just need network access, RockBand 2, Rabbids to unbrick your wii. I fixed a 9 month old BannerBrick this way so damn am I happy. Once you download a few songs you will see you are near the limit. Take out RockBand and run Rabbids it will say there is not enough space. Make sure you EJECT the DVD or it will reboot the game over and over again. From there you can delete a savegame like SSBB which has 128 and copy over Indiana Pwns to be able to get back where you were before. A very simple fix. I am thankful you found it.

Mainecrab

lambman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have been trying to fill up my nand to get to the stage where Rabbids sends me to the system management screen.

I have loaded SSMB and used the take picture method to reduce the blocks to 0. However as someone stated this just fills up the 108 free blocks that are allocated within the 128 total SSMB save file.

I have loaded and saved loads of games but need a method to see how many blocks I have left !!!

I have loaded the Rabbids channel, which worked successfully the first time.

Now when I try to install that channel again it comes up with a "installing channel failed, returning you to Rabbids go home"
message.

Does this mean there is still space to install the channel and it sees one already installed and fails?

Can someone try to install the channel a second time with enough NAND space and see what error they get?

If so I will keep burning and saving games, if not I guess the error is caused by the Wii not being able to get to the management screen.

Cheers.

othelpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lambman said:
Hello,

I have been trying to fill up my nand to get to the stage where Rabbids sends me to the system management screen.

I have loaded SSMB and used the take picture method to reduce the blocks to 0. However as someone stated this just fills up the 108 free blocks that are allocated within the 128 total SSMB save file.

I have loaded and saved loads of games but need a method to see how many blocks I have left !!!

I have loaded the Rabbids channel, which worked successfully the first time.

Now when I try to install that channel again it comes up with a "installing channel failed, returning you to Rabbids go home"
message.

Does this mean there is still space to install the channel and it sees one already installed and fails?

Can someone try to install the channel a second time with enough NAND space and see what error they get?

If so I will keep burning and saving games, if not I guess the error is caused by the Wii not being able to get to the management screen.

Cheers.

error "installing channel failed" comes if the channel is installed, if there is no enough space for channel there is popping another message informing there is no enough space...

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
didnt read all pages
when i understand correctly you can still play games

if so...
use guitar hero world tour, 5 or band hero
go into music shop and download the 15 free songs...it will fail very early
they are around 250blocks plus minus
also in save dialog of the gh5 band hero version you get shown how many blocks left

Dbgtgoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the disappearance XD, few things i have to say

1. SSBB is fine for reading blocks as long as you have above 108, it worked fine on my wii pictures or levels.

2. Good find, on the rock band tho if you had no connection setup helps no one but i hope we can fill in the cracks i will add it!

3. Rabbids channel can be installed multiple times of 2 for Example: can be installed once then again to say low space data management

4. I am glad to see this is getting use based on the fact that people without proper protection such as myself can recover and finally get fitted with bootmii instead of hearing retard messages like "You're fucking stupid for messing with wads without preloader"! Hate those people^_^

Besides that i am still open to help !

Last edited by Dbgtgoten,

koto_azure

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

Just wanted to say that I was able to UnBrick my Wii.
4.1 System Menu
Unknown CIOS
No BootMii, or PreLoader installed
DriveKey 2 installed, with AutoBoot.

I was able to to fill up the NAND, using your method. I used a copy of Rabbids to enter the Data Management.. Although.. Since it was a corrupted channel, I could not use BannerBomb. Since, the moment I went into 'Channels', it would freeze.

SO! I used the Indiana Pwns hack. I used it with the HackMii installer, and was able to enter the Homebrew Channel, by choosing 'Quit'. After I did that, I used Wad Manager to delete the infected .WAD Channel. ^_^ Wii fixed!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! This is all I had available to me:
DriveKey 2 set to AutoBoot
Rabbids Go Home
LEGO Indiana Jones
SD Card

^_^ Thanks for your good work Dbgtgoten!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30