Hacking NEW!! Ultra media card

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you dont have to buy a new mini SD card if you want a smaller cart in your DS you can use the SD cards you already have lying around

more info on:
www.NDSGBA.net

the pc software is a dream to use and the DS menus look gorgeous

you have the full power of homebrew without the ugliness and if you fancy buying a rs-mmc they are cheaper than a mini SD card too and fit right into the slot
biggrin.gif

its only just been released, and their checking the compatibility right now, heres to hoping its 100% compatible with all homebrews and backups.

i orderd mine last night, i think i just may be the first in the world to own one lol
biggrin.gif
yaynds.gif

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hhmmm... doens't look very trustworthy. never heard of that company... what about compatibility (NDS and GBA)? will there be continous support?

curious to hear your impressions when you get it though...

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know about compatability yet but they are currently making a list and testing, theyv already produced an update which is good, as long as its a very high compatibility its perfect for me
biggrin.gif

it should come within two weeks as theres only one retailer and hes based in hong kong. still, if this turns out to be good ill be chuffed because im one of the first to order one lol
happy.gif
if it doesnt then ill wait for the EZ Flash IV lite cart which fits the ds lite

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck with that, and definately give us a mini review when it comes.

I want to get one too for some strange reason, but I cannot justify a purchase when I have no more DS/GBA without a flash cart.

edit.. at Ashura.. I think someone photo shopped that one. The real fake (huh ??) SC SD looks like a SC SD card. There is a picture of it at the official Supercard site.

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow, good find, but it isnt a knock off of the super card, supposedly its new, does it still work and run NDS backups and GBA backups?

ill try and do a mini review, never done a review before lol, im completely new to this DS homebrew thing, i only learnt about it and orderd it yesterday, im getting the max media launcher too, it only comes to about £40 altogether

£40 for DS homebrew is a very good deal, or is you use passme its even cheaper cuz you wont need the max media launcher card thing lol
tongue.gif

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol that it does, but im not botherd about the cloning, if it works as good as a supercard AND its small and takes SD's then in my opinion its the best cart out there

takieda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to sound pessimistic on this, but there are too many red flags being thrown not to say something. I do hope I'm wrong here, but this is my logic telling me what's wrong with this adapter.

Also note that a full size SD card WILL stick out of the unit, according to them.

Reasons I suspect it's a sham:
1) the icons used in the first picture on the product information page are IDENTICAL to the icons used on the M3 menu
2) the Picture of the SD card in the unit is pixel for pixel identical to the picture to the right of that that shows the RS-MMC completely inserted (aside from the SD card pixels). What does this mean? it's a photoshop job and not an actual picture of the unit with an SD card in it.
3) in all the pictures of the unit, except for the bottom one, they don't show the slot at all, and the bottom one does not have any media inserted, AND is at a horrible angle, further making it difficult to discern just what, exatly, it's for..
4) "- Low Power Comsumption. For GBA SP 10 hours, GBM 9 hours, NDS 5.5 hours." (neglecting the poor spelling) the low power consumption on NDS at 5.5 is actually pretty bad, since most every DS with an M3, Supercard, EZ4, or any other flashcart for that matter, can run, on average, around 8-9 hours, it makes me suspicious as to what they're saying here.. pulling it out of a hat, perhaps?
5) There is a total lack of specifications on that website describing anything FOR that adapter. The M3 and Supercard both have detailed information available on their website as to what the units are - what kind of memory they have built in, whether it supports the RTC, etc... this unit has no such information.
6) whois information for both ndsgba.net and minionlinestore.com is IDENTICAL (see below). This is important because minionlinestore.com is the only reseller I can find of this product. Seeing that they're both by the same company suggests that this product is BS - i.e. noone else does, or will, carry this product. The fact that they differentiate from the two stores, as if they WEREN'T the same company, only adds to my suspicion.

WHOIS Record For
ndsgba.net

Registrant:
Yuen Wai Keung
Unit 7, 10/F., Block M, Sunshine City
Ma On Shan, Shatin
Hong Kong, 12345
HK

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
Domain Name: NDSGBA.NET
Created on: 03-MAY-06
Expires on: 04-MAY-07
Last Updated on: 03-MAY-06

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Wai Keung, Yuen [email protected]
Yuen Wai Keung
Ma On Shan, Shatin
Hong Kong, 12345
HK

WHOIS Record For
minionlinestore.com

Registrant:
Yuen Wai Keung
Ma On Shan, Shatin
Hong Kong, HK 12345
HK

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
Domain Name: MINIONLINESTORE.COM
Created on: 20-NOV-02
Expires on: 20-NOV-06
Last Updated on: 25-OCT-05

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Wai Keung, Yuen [email protected]
Yuen Wai Keung
Ma On Shan, Shatin
Hong Kong, HK 12345
HK
852-61870608

7) minionlinestore.com is also listing a CD set of NDS ROMs.. This is highly illegal, and no other online retailer/wholesaler of backup kits for the NDS or GBA would ever list such a product. try to find one on www.divineo.com or www.kicktrading.com, or even www.winsunx.com. Doesn't exist, won't exist. These companies continue to exist because what they sell is fully legal. The fact that minionlinestore.com chooses to sell illegal backups of games is highly suspect, and may get them shut down very soon.

8) at ndsgba.net click on support on the left, then in the website that pops up, click on UMC Operation Guide. Look carefully at the pictures for GBA Console mode and NDS Console mode. notice the second picture for NDS console mode. That picture and the one shown for GBA Console mode are pixel for pixel identical. The NDS has a resolution of 256x192, whereas the GBA has a resolution of 240x160. The NDS and GBA menus cannot be identical as they're shown, so it's easy to tell that the top picture is obviously NOT of GBA console mode - this could mean they were simply lazy and just used the picture for NDS mode as GBA mode as they're "nearly" the same, but it also raises suspicions as to the validity of this product

9) looking at the video tutorial of the product listed under "support" provides more clues to the lack of this products validity. the EXTREMELY blurry video only shows, definitively, that their product can accept an RS-MMC card (which I've never seen before, but that doesn't mean the product doesn't exist). We still cannot discern if the product will work at all.

Right now my brain hurts and I don't want to look at this poorly colored product anymore. But there ARE more reasons that this product is fake, but once again, this is JUST opinion, and I can't verify whether or not the product truly exists. Hopefully meccabolix will receive his unit soon and it will live up to the promise, in which case, color me wrong. I'll be happy to recant everything I've said here, as it's good to see healthy competition.

Hope this helps,
-Tak

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The trouble with calling it a complete fake is the "minionline store" have been selling various flash carts WorldWide for a while now and have good PayPal feedback ... it would seem strange that all of a sudden they were suddenly going to screw it customers in such a underhanded way.

No the product is real, wether it is any good or just a bad clone will become clear. I pretty much expect the cart to function, wether it will function well is another question.

I for one would love to see a small player take on the big boys and do well.. I don't think it will happen but I would like it too.

The_Pope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not only that, they are being hosted on the same server! http://203.218.22.31:2888/

Look at the eBay section, seems they're selling stuff over eBay too.
They have alot of stuff on that server, hate to think of what else they are doing.

Edit: Look over at iOffer, http://www.ioffer.com/users/minionlinestore they are no longer a member, wonder why?
Also, heres some feedback, http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:oDaDus...n&client=safari

They might be legitimite, but so much evidence points to fake

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for finding out all that information for me, im really skeptical about it now >.< but if it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt and ill wait for the new EZ flash lite or ill buy an m3.

i orderd it thinking it was a bit dodgy, my little bro wants one too, but he doesnt earn as much as me, so if this doesnt work then hell know not to get one, and everyone on this forum will learn from my mistake, yuen said in an email itll take 7 to 14 days to arrive, im not buying my ds lite till the 23d so ill try it on my brothers origional DS, hopefully its all good, but at this moment in time i kinda doubt it >.<

what do you think itll be if it isnt a flash cart? lol

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Imagine a group making a clone of a Supercard but using faster GBA ram, then if they also know good coders (there are loads in China/HK)... the product could be fairly decent..... China is the most likely place in the world for something like this to happen.

Look how Supercard basically have made the most of a flawed product. It's the coders that are the key to this generation of flash carts... M3 and Supercard have the best DS rom hackers and thats what makes them no.1 in their part of the market.

takieda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I meant by fake, is essentially what the Supercard fake is all about... the product exists, but it barely works, if at all... this product *could* be fake... as I said, I don't know... I just looked stuff up to see how legitimate this product really is... if nothing else, I want specs on the unit to see how much ram it has, because they're claiming GBA games can be played without a media card at all.

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it wont be any better than the other two because their almost perfect.

heres what the guy from the site said to me on the ndsbga forum:

"Hi,

Thank you for your support! Since it is a new product, so at this moment only one shop sell our product, at hope at near future will more. ^o^

Yes, the software of UMC is very easy to use and the card size same as normal GBA cartridge. Moreover, the price of RS-MMC is lower than SD, miniSD, etc. ^o^"

at that time in moment i belived him, but im not so sure now, but maybe hes being honest, he also says in an earlier post that the compatibility list will be up soon.

i cant wait till it arrives because iv never used a ds for homebrew before so its exiting for me, especially as no one seems to have used this products before. but im also dreading that it wont work properly

edit ... also, if you download the software for the products (i already have to put stuff on my sd card) it works brilliantly and is very nice and clean, im wondering if its a copy of what any other company has used before. if it isnt, its a good programme, i hope the coding on the cart is just as good
smile.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I checked the software too, it seems to be doing what it claims. And it is pretty nice to use too apart from it won't read zipped files, they have to be extracted.

I wonder too if the main heart of software is ripped from someone like Supercard.

Did you pay by PAYPAL ?

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was hoping someone else would try the software as well as me, thanks
happy.gif
glad you agree

yes, im 18 and my dad used his to buy them but i gave him the money there and then.

i dont think there was any other way to pay for the cart, is there a problem with using paypal to pay for it?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No there is no problem, that's good. You are safe, if for some reason you didn't get you're product in 2 weeks then you can put in a dispute at the PayPal site and you will win for sure unless he can produce proof of shipping.

But you will, I'm fairly sure, get the product, but wether it's good or bad I couldn't say.

hmm.. I'm wondering if this could be an M3 clone ??? someone mentioned some similarity in the on-screen gui, and if you are going to clone you would clone the best.

meccabolix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, thanks
biggrin.gif
so if it doesnt arrive id get my money back?

if the PCOS programme was that well coded then the actual cart might be too, maybe not at first, but they do patch it

id also like to share with you what i PM'ed to the guy who runs the forum:

"hi, on a forum i posted on to inform people of the ultra media card people have been claiming your product is a fake, to me it seems the product does exist, but im a little skeptical, can you post a video of it working on the download section to prove them wrong? since i have already orderd mine they have agreed to wait untill i get mine to give them the ok on it.

so if you can could you post a video of it working in the ds or ds lite to prove them wrong and also calm my skepticism.

by the way, minionlinestore also sell roms, which is extremely illegal, so they wont buy it from him because they dont trust him. but if it works for me then ill give them the ok on it and theyll sell in no time, possibly even from the retailer your using now as its the only place we can buy them at the moment. may i say the PCOS programme is a nice programme to use and i hope the software on the actual cart is just as user friendly and well coded as PCOS

cheers,
meccabolic"

ill post here if he says anything in a reply, if he doesnt reply then i think its safe to say they screwed me over lol ... untill i get the cart that is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: