New to the Vita, need suggestions

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by Durelle, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Durelle
    OP

Durelle Acadien Einnnn~!

GBAtemp Patron
    Durelle is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Just got my 1001 Vita, waiting for my sd2vita, but I need suggestions. I like JRPGs , some sim games and dungeon crawlers.

I bought a few games already.

Stardew Valley
    Megaman 8
    Legends of the Dragoon

But my local Game store have very few physical games :(

Are there any physical only games I need to buy or does pkgj have everything?

2. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N Touch Things and improve your world

Aug 16, 2017
    Spain
    Your Mind
    For me, yes. If there isn't some game, you can contribute to help others :)

3. Condarkness_XY

Condarkness_XY GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2018
    United States
    Where I want to be
    Amazon has physical games; at least for the early games that came out. If your lucky maybe get an unlimited run game, but those are hard to get. PKGJ has mostly everything if your vita can run it. You need to take a look a guide to make sure you have the proper plugins and other things installed before using it.

Like rpgs and dungeon crawklers, well, there's plenty! Ones you can look at, digimon cyber sleuth and hacker's memory, YS series, rainbow moon and skies. For a good list of games that come highly recommended you should checkout this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-essentials-ps-vita-games.435410/

The votes on there don't really matter, just the listing of whether it's an rpg or not.

Last edited by Condarkness_XY, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Durelle
    OP

Durelle Acadien Einnnn~!

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Thanks for the list, I already bought digimon on my ps4 , played the ya series on PC , I'll take a look at rainbow Moon

5. MeteoXavier

MeteoXavier Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2018
    United States
    You'd do a lot, lot better sticking to the Playstation Store for your gaming, in my opinion. They have huge deals for a lot of PS Vita games every week (sometimes more than that) and I've been able to acquire a healthy Vita library in the 12 months I've owned one. JRPGs and indie goodies. Very impressed with it so far.

6. AnotherMuggle

AnotherMuggle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2009
    United Kingdom
    UK
    Definitely give "Persona 4 Golden" a try. I sunk so many hours into that game when I first got my Vita.

duwen likes this.
  7. Durelle
    OP

Durelle Acadien Einnnn~!

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    I haven't played any persona games, but I've been recommended 4 alot. I'll eventually get to it.

8. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    If you're after physical releases definitely look up the NISA online store - I don't know about the US one, but the EU one regularly has Vita titles in it's sale. I got Criminal Girls 2 from them brand new a few weeks ago for half what it sells for second hand. When they had P4 Dancing All Night on sale I had enough 'prinny points' for it to only cost me a fiver!
    Their current sale item is Trails of Cold Steel for £12.99 https://store.nisaeurope.com/collec...trails-of-cold-steel-ps-vita-standard-edition
    Almost everything NISA publish is worthy of attention, so it's worth a browse even if it's only to inform you of what to look out for on pkgj ;)

9. Durelle
    OP

Durelle Acadien Einnnn~!

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    I'll be keeping everything digital, I bought the digimon games, I'll most likely play those before other RPGs, once I finish my annually play through of Earthbound.

duwen likes this.
  10. wallflowertrist

wallflowertrist Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2018
    United States
    If your local Gamestop only has a few games, why not list them? There's bound to be one or two gems in there you might not be aware of. My personal pick would be Shinobido 2, which is made by Acquire, who did the Tenchu games, which it basically is. You play a ninja in a 3rd person stealth action game with open ended sandbox gameplay. You have one mission in each large map, to kill someone, acquire herbs, or find some cargo/person and carry it/them to the exit.

It's cool because you can assassinate people with your blade, or you can use a variety of tools to take them out. You can craft and buy all sort of stuff, like bombs that put people to sleep, or bombs that enrage them and cause them to fight their friends. There's a grappling hook and wingsuit, exploding shurikens, there're a lot of cool things to use. And you can level up your character in a few areas as well.

In between missions you can choose between three Daimyo to serve, who all give you fresh missions every time you complete one. Doing missions will alter how each Daimyo feels about you, and alter their state in the war, their troop levels and food levels. The campaign is meant to be played multiple times through (a la new game plus), so that you can serve different Daimyo each time and see the different endings. There are character costumes to unlock, and a whole separate character you can separately level and stuff. It's real cool. Also, maybe the only Vita game I've seen that has ragdoll physics.

Only problem is that it's physical release only, so you'll have to track one down.

11. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Suggestion. Sell it.