Hacking New to PS TV: USB/SD2VITA and some noob questions

Dcol8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language)

Hi everyone,

I open a new thread because I find mostly discussions and guides for the PSV and his storage structure and not for PS TV and searches haven't helped me.

I just bought a PS TV without a memory card. I installed Henkaku ENSO and the basic plugins just to see if everything worked properly.

Now, before continuing any further, I have to decide whether to opt for a USB Drive or use an SD2Vita. At first I was convinced of using the USB drive but actually I thought that the USB port would be more convenient for me to be able to connect the controller for charging, connect future gamepads, etc. As against SD2VITA, from what I could read it is very fragile and more subject to reading errors.

At this point I ask you for advice, asking you if the procedure for the two choices is also right. (The lines with ??? are those where I am uncertain)

1. USB Storage + USBMC
    1. Format in exFat 32/64kb
    2. Install Usbmc on PS TV
    3. ??? I need to open again usbmc and install the USB Drive as a memory card ???
  1. SD2VITA + StorageMgr
    1. Download zzblank.img and write it on Microsd (formatted in exFat 32/64kb)
    2. Make a backup of all ux0 (or INT???)
    3. Install StorageMgr with this storage_config.txt:
      1. ??? MCD=uma0 (or removed because I have no MC) ???
      2. INT=imc0
      3. GCD=ux0
      4. ???UMA=grw0 or UMA=uma0 (so I can use in the future an external USB Drive?) ???
    4. Copy the backup on microsd
    5. Put SD2Vita inside PS TV
And then the noob’s questions:

1. In order to install the PSP and PSX backups on the SD2VITA, I just need to open the Adrenaline configuration menu and select SD2VITA (ux0) as the location to load things from?

2. In case of a random reboot or wrong loading / mounting from SD2VITA or if the adapter or microsd dies, I will still have access to the custom firmware, Vitashell etc.? In case there is a way to avoid losing everything and save the CFW (I read about a H-encore bubble to backup with QCMA)?

Thanks a lot

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the USB solution I use this behind the PSVITA TV ..it allows me to plug the a 256 GB usb storage drive and I can still sync nd charge two controllers.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RyXPiHHFygAC1MZr6

I will post my set up in a few minutes....

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/usbmc.skprx
ur0:tai/ioplus.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/nopsmdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/lolicon.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx

# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx

*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string

*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

(I have this config set up in both uro and uxo folders)

The guide I originally used was this

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-t...a-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/

make sure to click on the spoiler links to see the content you are looking for.

Last edited by dragonz,

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
best PSTV setup in my opinion is; SD2Vita set as ux0 for Vita games, with USB drive in a 4 port usb hub set as uma0 for PS1/PSP games

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dont mean to necro this thread.

Switching from my Vita to PSVita-TV. because I am stuck indoors nowadays.
Does anyone know if I can move my SD2Vita from Handheld to PSVTV and back ? or does it need a specific setup of files so its not advised to do something like that?

I also have a 8GB Memory card (not microSD) - I want to use that with the PSTV but am not sure if SD2Vita uses it. I have every loading from ux0 (SD2Vita) so I would think its fine, but my main goal is can I play the same games and saves by just swaping the SD2Vita from handheld to PSTV and then back when I am on the go again.

EDIT:
I think a lot of my questions are answered here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-you-share-sd2vita-with-ps-tv-and-vita.500882/page-2
...and I think the hassle of it may not be worth it if I honestly just want to play the 1-2 games I legit own. I only got the SD2Vita to test games before I bought them.

I am now just needing to know if the Memory Card is a requirement for the Vita to work or can I mount that to the PSTV (8GB is plenty for 1-3 games)

Last edited by HyeVltg3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-