PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daxter ran smooth for me.

I know you said your clocks are default, just making sure.
These are my VSH settings.
82cbc4b013c76f13de6bd0a824098d3a.jpg

I can't think of anything else that might be slowing you down, sorry. :(

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Daxter ran smooth for me.

I know you said your clocks are default, just making sure.
These are my VSH settings.
82cbc4b013c76f13de6bd0a824098d3a.jpg

I can't think of anything else that might be slowing you down, sorry. :(

I set "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "333/166" and they are slowing down less but now the PS Vita's battery will wear faster even though loading times will decrease as well. On the PS TV I don't have to worry about the battery if I leave them set to "333/166" (and loading times will be lower) since it doesn't have one.

Also, my PSP doesn't slow down with "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" set to "Default".

EDIT: I have this problem with the PSP games I mentioned installed, regardless if they were converted to bubbles or not. Also, I tried Vita Launcher and RetroFlow Launcher and I still have this issue.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you don't need the config file to be exact, just delete stuff in the config file you don't have.

So, some Reddit users said to use other media because they could be faulty. I tried another USB flash drive and microSD card and I still have this issue. This time I chose the "HEN only" taiHEN configuration and I didn't install plugins.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you have no plugins for vita or psp?

Only basic ones. I didn't even install AutoPlugin II this time. I've been using the "HEN only" taiHEN configuration and SD2VITA instead of an USB flash drive on the PS TV to not waste the USB port and to not make in the future the same mistake I did.

Also, I've been using StorageMgr and according to what I read, many users have this problem after installing YAMT, so I have a reason to not use it. I'll keep using StorageMgr, even though I didn't have the previous problem when using YAMT with an USB flash drive on the PS TV. Maybe I didn't have it because IIRC I didn't put the PS TV on Standby Mode or it simply doesn't happen with USB flash drives but only with SD2VITA but I had this problem (like I said, I had it when using YAMT with an USB flash drive on the PS TV but I didn't try using YAMT with SD2VITA on it and on the PS Vita, though. Also, @Anderxale said restarting the PS TV is usually enough to reconnect the drive and that I may remove and reinsert it before turning on the PS TV to help and homebrew will be back to LiveArea but like I said, I don't know if that would fix this problem since I didn't try it and what I wanted at the time was a permanent solution, since I didn't want to restart the PS TV every time I had this problem.), anyway. This doesn't matter because I no longer use an USB flash drive on the PS TV but SD2VITA so even if for some reason I use YAMT in the future again, I'll use it with SD2VITA as well.

I won't try YAMT again in both the PS Vita and the PS TV (and I won't use an USB flash drive on the PS TV again, even if using StorageMgr) since StorageMgr is working fine, I might have the mentioned problem and I'm tired of having issues and reinstalling things in both consoles.

EDIT: After all, I only have slowness (at least for now, since I'm playing Dragon Walker from the start) issue in the #17 and #18 Awakened! level when Android 18 approaches Krillin to kiss him after defeating it and Android 17 with Vegeta when playing the european Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team ISO on Adrenaline in the PS Vita and the PS TV.

Here's my PS Vita's plugin configuration:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
ur0:tai/nosleep.skprx
ur0:tai/reAuth.skprx
ur0:tai/staybright.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/nolockscreen.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

Here's my PS TV's plugin configuration:

# changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
*main
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016

I find it odd that I'm not having the previous issue (even though it wasn't entirely fixed) when I'm sure I previously tried with no plugins installed.

EDIT 2: So, this time I removed some plugins and although Android 18 no longer freezes while moving and has the same speed if setting "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" to "Default" in both cases, it's still slower than my PSP, so is it possible Adrenaline is just slower than the PSP in this scene and nothing can be done about it?

EDIT 3: I don't have the previous slowness/freezing issue in standalone ARK-4 but unfortunately it doesn't always work since after installing it via the new FasterARK method, ARK-4 sometimes freezes in the "ChovySign" part with the C1-2858-3 kernel error, and when running PSP ISOs, it sometimes has a black screen for some seconds until it crashes with the C1-2858-3 kernel error.

EDIT 4: I only have the previous issue if ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" after reinstalling ARK-4 via the FasterARK method. I'll set it to "Disabled" and remove Adrenaline and its plugin installed via AutoPlugin II. This new FasterARK method unlike the previous FastARK one doesn't install the Sasuke vs. Commander game if no PSN game/demo is installed and doesn't require a PSN game/demo (like Ape Quest's demo) to be installed before being run as well.

EDIT 5: I have the C2-12828-1 error after making a clean ARK-4 install in my PS Vita and PS TV via the FasterARK method and running VitaShell. If clicking "OK", the PS Vita and the PS TV freeze with a black screen. If I access Safe Mode to restart them or rebuild their database, they have spinning white dots until they freeze. I have no choice but to restore them from Safe Mode, to jailbreak them and to reinstall all my games and homebrew. I'm tired of ARK-4's developers' incompetence. As if this wasn't enough, now FasterARK installs an app to run PS1 games called ARK-X and a plugin called ps1cfw_enabler and users can't even refuse them. I removed the former and uninstalled the latter via AutoPlugin II (and removed FasterARK as well). Also, even though PS Vita's ARK-4 reads more PSP EBOOT.PBP games and DLC than Adrenaline, it mightn't still read all of them without plugins' help, like npdrm_free/npdrm_free_mod and/or nploader/nploader_mod. This/these plugin/s must be manually downloaded and set.

EDIT 6: I have the same problem after restoring my PS Vita and PS TV and jailbreaking them. A new ARK-4 version was released and yet it also causes this issue.

EDIT 7: Finally, the issue was fixed after a new standalone ARK-4 release. I'll still have to reinstall all my games and homebrew on the PS Vita and PS TV, though. I don't get why PS Vita's ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" by default when it causes said issue.

EDIT 8: Now FasterARK is installing another plugin against my will (arkrightanalog). Wtf? I uninstalled it.

EDIT 9: By the way, here's my current PS Vita's plugin configuration:

# changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm_un.skprx
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
ur0:tai/nosleep.skprx
ur0:tai/staybright.skprx
*main
ur0:tai/nolockscreen.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
*NPXS10015
*NPXS10016
*ALL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_user.suprx

Here's my current PS TV's plugin configuration:

# changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm_un.skprx
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
*main
*NPXS10015