GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello again, GBAtemp. Long time no login. Been lurking like a bum on a bus though.

So, I recently got an EZFlash 3n1+ to use alongside my AK2i AKAIO 1.8.9z
I have been trying to play Golden Sun with it but can't see to play > save > reboot > dump > then relaunch and continue.

If I flash GS to the NOR then I can reboot and play and continue as long as I avoid touching the SRAM in AKAIO. I can boot and continue if I boot and say no to backing up or loading a save. I also cant continue if I dump the save in AKAIO then immediately try and load it with GS.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation? It is becoming quite frustrating...

tl;dr:
How do I dump a save whilst not wiping the SRAM... and then being unable to load and continue that fresh save?

Any input is appreciated!

jose_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Regardless any memory you use on the ez 3in1, akaio treats the sram the same way

Next time you boot your acekard, akaio gonna pick the sav and dump it on the sd card
[If the settings are set to default]

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
When I do let it dump, it creates the SAV file, but when I load it up (and the little "loading save file" screen pops up), the game behaves as if it had no save. That's my problem

jose_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does this happen with every game?
Have you tried gbaexploader?

I recall that i readed somewhere that the plus version doesnt work quite well with akaio, but i think that issue was about the ez flash not being recognized
Yet i may be wrong

Maybe a format to the sd solves the problem, but being honest that never helped me

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there was a version of the 3in1 new released that had a split sram (from what i recall). while testing we had issues with it and akaio. the plus also has some issues, some of which were reported save issues. there was an updated version of gba exploader (hacked not official) released that addressed most of these issues. also, make sure your gba game supports sram. other save types may need to be patched.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://x.com/NintendoCoLtd/status/1787736518762881197