New Theme for EZ-Flash Omega!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Sterophonick, Oct 13, 2018.

1. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    On a totally unrelated note, I've noted another bug (which is mostly my fault). On line 1536, 9 should be changed to 13. Or sizeof("/SYSTEM/PLUG") since it's designed to blindly chop off that when copying the command name into ram.

I was also thinking how it'd be pretty trivial to write in a dummy file (say name "EZOMEGA") into the fake pogoshell filesystem as a way for plugins to actually know they're running on an EZ Omega and behave differently so one (like, probably me) could make a version of Goomba that worked correctly on the EZ Omega and elsewhere. :)

Of course, the fact is that I've just been incredibly lazy as it's generally nearly as fast to write up a binary patch and just inject that than to do things the proper way. :/ I'm not sure if most plugins were open source I'd feel differently about that or not.

2. EddCase

EddCase Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2003
    Just trying this out on my AGB-001 is there anyway to add more contrast to the fonts in the Cheat menu? As its almost impossible to read. Even with my SP AGS-001 you really have to get the right angle. Either a lighter coloured background or a light coloured font would make this far more readable.

3. Sterophonick
    OP

Sterophonick GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    I hopefully can get this done when I get the chance. Don't expect it to be for a while, however.

EddCase likes this.
  4. so_spoked

so_spoked Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    United States
    I don't know if this was addressed in an earlier post, but is there a way for the custom kernel to read the save files from the EZ Flash kernel? I really love this new layout and all the fantastic plug-ins, but I just have a hard time losing all of my save files since I have a lot of time invested into them and would hate to start over on so many games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Never mind. I got it sorted. For some reason I completely neglected to look into the SYSTEM folder and replace the SAVER folder there with the one on the root of the SD Card. I feel foolish now.

Sterophonick likes this.
  5. Sterophonick
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    oof

6. izder456

izder456 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    United States
    This maybe asking a bit much. But is it possible you can add the changes to the most recent kernel and firmware? I'm currently on that and it's not allowing me to downgrade to your custom kernel. Any suggestions? Any ways thanks for the awesome work!
    Edit: sorry about the bump. And I didn't read the entire thread. Rookie mistake. You can ignore my stupidity

Last edited by izder456, Jul 18, 2019
  7. izder456

izder456 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    United States
    Hey, with my backlight free gameboy advance the cheats menu is completely illegible. It looks like just the font was changed. Not the colour not the theme just the font type. I know you are a busy guy and all bc of the mother 1+2 vwf hack and translation. But can you please fix this in the next update?

Last edited by izder456, Aug 20, 2019
  8. Sterophonick
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    Update 2.5:
    - Added the ability to hold L while the cart is booting to start the first ROM in NOR.
    - Made the text in the cheat menu legible.

Attached Files:

izder456 likes this.
  9. izder456

izder456 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    United States
    you included an old kernel file in the zip. 2.2 to be exact. Could you reupload?

10. Sterophonick
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    Whoops. Sorry about that. Please download this one instead.

Attached Files:

11. PsxFan107

PsxFan107 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Don't mean to be a bugger, but would you mind updating the source code?

12. izder456

izder456 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    United States
    @Sterophonick

13. Sterophonick
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    Done.

14. PsxFan107

PsxFan107 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Thanks!

15. izder456

izder456 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    United States
    @Sterophonick have you fixed this bug in the latest 2.5 update? Or are you planning to fix in a later release? And will you over haul the cheats menu to look like the rest of the simplelight theme then too?
    And about the dark theme. Will that be added as an option bc I'm not a real big fan of dark colours on the gba. I'm a proud agb-001 owner and don't have the confidence to solder on my baby to add a backlit screen. I can solder and all but I'm not the best bc I use my father's iron which heats unevenly. It would be nice to see an option to have a dark theme or not, especially for people like me

Last edited by izder456, Aug 20, 2019
  16. Sterophonick
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    I have not yet fixed that bug. I forgot to do that.

17. reexe

reexe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Sweden
    Since the Omega uses open source, is there a way to research if it would be possible to store the save files in the psram as the IV does?
    Even when waiting 5 seconds after saving, I sometimes find that the game did not save properly. I can usually tell if the game saved or not by simply using the quit option from the EZ menu, since if the game did not save, it will more often then not say "failed to initialize SD card" when the game have quit.

18. Sterophonick
    OP

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    The EZ-Flash IV does not save files into PSRAM. It has a specific SRAM chip that is powered by a battery. Once the Power is cut, the battery prevents the SRAM from clearing itself. Once power is restored to the console, the EZ-Flash IV then saves to the SD Card.

Also PSRAM is cleared after powering off the console.

So, no it is not possible.

19. cybrian

cybrian GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Some weird bug that's really upsetting: copying mother 3 with add-ons to NOR freezes at 255Mb (the ROM is 256Mb/32MB). With the latest build it doesn't happen if I do the clean version, but it's the kind of game that really benefits from save states, as some battles can be very long and difficult… it's an unforgiving game. The only addons I'm using are reset and save states. I haven't tried without reset.

The game works just fine if I load to PSRAM, but that takes long and doesn't allow me to autoboot with L.

20. PsxFan107

PsxFan107 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    I stumbled upon a rather interesting bug. It seems that toggling the thumbnails or the cold boot will cause the rtc to be turned on. The cause of this problem lies in "save_set_info_SELECT". They forgot to accomodate for the rtc switch when updating the info buffer. This can easily be fixed by increasing the address count in the loop to 13 (if the rtc switch is moved to slot 12 etc.) or 14.

@cybrian What model of gba are you using? I've also had the same problem but have since fixed it with some modifications to the source code. I'm interested in getting some feedback on the reliability of my fix for the other gba models (I have an AGS-001).

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted