New Theme for EZ-Flash Omega!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Sterophonick, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Very nice! Great work

May I recommend adding the "important text" file to the readme within your Gitlab alongside your build instructions?

I would also like to suggest including this zip file within the release section of the Gitlab as well!

2. Sterophonick
    OP

Sterophonick GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    Update 2.4:
    - Fixed Arcadia 2001 Emulator crashing on boot
    - Added the extra plugins and fixes from Kuwanger
    - Made the cold start toggleable, the option is accessible when you press SELECT in the SD Menu.

Attached Files:

flatgba, kuwanger and Sasori like this.
  3. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Thanks for the inclusion. There was actually an update to sb.gba to do a proper reset. Here's also an example of a converted mod file: original r-vert.s3m and attached r-vert.sb.

Attached Files:

4. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    Is there any way to save game in NGPAdvance?

I was trying to play Evolution Eternal Dungeons and Picture Puzzle and it does not really save to SD card. (A 64KB romname.esv file is initially created in /SAVER, but I don't think it ever gets updated.) I tried exiting to the menu by holding L and R. There's something about Save SRAM/SRAM management, but it doesn't work?

5. Sterophonick
    OP

Sterophonick GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2018
    United States
    My Laptop XD
    Uh, I don't know for sure. I'm not the one who created NGPAdvance, so uh, yeah.

6. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Apparently, no. Sounds like it works pretty terrible slow regardless. :/

7. Duetosell

Duetosell Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    United States
    Oxford, OH
    Good news, the Goomba Color finally updated.
    Could you plz replace Ezo's emulator with this one ?

8. Yrouel

Yrouel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    Italy
    @Sterophonick @kuwanger Have you considered doing pull requests on the main/official source so your additions might be merged upstream?
    @EZ-Flash2 what do you say?

maniacnny likes this.
  9. droople

droople GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2006
    Australia
    It's really a nice work. I'm just wondering that does it improve the battery issue of the original firmware?

10. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    No. The battery life of the EZ Omega comes down to two major things: one the PSRAM constantly draws power to run (no idea how much NOR mode can change this) and two there's an FPGA constantly running to monitor for save changes to write to the microSD. The former, that's a hardware thing. The latter, that's locked up in the firmware which is closed source: it's the newomega_top.bin binary blob.

I've no idea how more efficient the EZ Omega can reasonably be made. However, it's unlikely that anyone but EZ Flash Team can really make improvements there. As totally a guess, I just don't think there's much improvement that can be reached. I would say, unless you hear a specifically announcement that's supposed to improve battery life, don't expect anything.

zfreeman likes this.
  11. GBAResearcher

GBAResearcher Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    United States