Hacking Question New Switch on 4.1.0 and SX SO

tete02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a Switch, it came with 4.1.0. My question is will the SX OS Pro work on this? The serial is XAW10084######

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Draxzelex,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just double checking... Units with xaw1008 = likely patched, but xaw1007 likely not patched?
To put it roughly, yes but we don't know exactly where the overlap started. The point is the closer you are to the patched serials, the more likely you are that your unit is patched. Add onto that we don't know when patched units actually started being produced and distributed and it makes the process even more complex.

Reactions: tete02

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To put it roughly, yes but we don't know exactly where the overlap started. The point is the closer you are to the patched serials, the more likely you are that your unit is patched. Add onto that we don't know when patched units actually started being produced and distributed and it makes the process even more complex.
Guess I need to confirm that my unit is vulnerable before my dingle ships. Even doing just that puts me at a ban rock doesn't it?

killersquirel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new switch and it came with 4.10 and serial is XAW40009xxxx. Not sure if this is a patched unit. I haven't seen people discuss patched units with that type of serial, but I have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks before I get my SX Pro. I do have an original switch that is on 5.1 and was thinking that I might transfer my nintendo profile to the new switch and use my older one when the SX Pro comes.

Any advice for what I should do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new switch and it came with 4.10 and serial is XAW40009xxxx. Not sure if this is a patched unit. I haven't seen people discuss patched units with that type of serial, but I have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks before I get my SX Pro. I do have an original switch that is on 5.1 and was thinking that I might transfer my nintendo profile to the new switch and use my older one when the SX Pro comes.

Test if its patched by following this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I followed the guide, it's fairly straightforward. Getting the paperclip just right was slightly challenging because putting it in the rail causes enough change in shape to move then contacts, but really not a big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster