Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Fun_Zephyr said:
carbonyle said:
noabody said:
Just to be clear, from what I am reading there is only one way to run NSMB on a hardmodded Wii without additional softmodding. I define softmodding as "ANY" change to Wii system files. AFAIK HBC/Gecko OS does not change any IOS's so they don't count.

Step 1, prepare an SD card with bannerbomb, Gecko OS, and Gecko cheat codes (optionally HBC, wadmanager, etc.)

Step 2, do any of the following to launch Gecko OS:
Use bannerbomb to install HBC then launch Gecko OS. (HBC opens the world of homebrew with minimal NAND usage)
Use bannerbomb to launch Wadmanager and install Gecko OS as a channel. (Gecko OS channel for minimal NAND usage and one step launching)
Use bannerbomb to launch Gecko OS. (direct launch of Gecko OS, NAND is untouched, use dedicated SD card e.g. no pictures)

Step 3, launch Gecko OS, do not install IOS53, enable ocarina and launch NSMB.

Obviously bannerbomb can be exchanged for twilight hack, etc. It's probably the easiest method though.
I just wanted to be sure that this is correct. I'd like little or no trace of homebrew on NAND.
It seems so, but havent heard report about this. It should work but maybe someone can confirm?

Use bannerbomb to launch Gecko OS. (direct launch of Gecko OS, NAND is untouched, use dedicated SD card e.g. no pictures) - loads Gecko fine but when you launch disk you get code errors and the Wii crashes.)

I tried bannerbomb and launching Gecko prior to installing the HBC and installed teh HBC because Gecko from BannerBomb Failed.

I ended up using the first options ages back:

Use bannerbomb to install HBC then launch Gecko OS. (HBC opens the world of homebrew with minimal NAND usage)

Could not be happier having HBC installed. snes9x and all those other emulators..... Fantastic - NTSC game compatibility launching through Gecko FANTASTIC.

HBC was the best thing I ever did - and the irony is, I would never have done this if NSMB worked from a 1:1 backup....
Same for me: dvd error with bannerbomb launching gecko os, i'll try with loadmii (bannerbomb - laodmii - geckoo os)

ps: it seems i've too much free time: i don't need this to work (i've a great softmodded wii
wink.gif
) but i really like to make this possible without touching the nand

SinRG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried to load NSMB on 4.0U Homebrew and I believe I updated USB Loader (went into settings then updated to Rev841), and I get the following:

Error 002, please press the eject button...etc

Any ideas?

Thanks by the way, it's been a long time since I've modded the Wii lol =/

nikegamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikegamer said:
justincase said:
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND

iNDEPENDENT --
________/\ ____________
/___/ \/ / \
/ / / / / /
/ / / / / /
/ /____/ \ __/_________/
/___/ \/ Proudly Presents:

Game - New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND

Release Date - 11.19.2oo9
Platform - Nintendo Wii
Country - USA
File Size - 1x2mb
File Name - ind-nsmbw-v2

This is a small fix for the new protection nintendo added.
It was quite easy to make with ImageDiff and allows you to
fix the protection. Basically it's the same as the
main.dol replacememt method that has been floating around
with a much easier to apply method of patching. This fix
completly removes the protection not like the fix before
that doesnt work with the softmod and CiosCorp.
Can be played
with softmods, Modchips, USB Loaders, etc. Don't forget to
have the IOS 53 trucha bug signed for this game.

Keep all console releases original and make patch fixes!
Newer methods of loading games will eventually make this
fix obsolete.

Thanks so much to QwiiF for the great release!

If you like the game, BUY it!

Everyone in the scene

====================================================================

And here's some links for you all.
smile.gif

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-RapidShare/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-zShare/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-FileFactory/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-DepositFiles/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-Badongo/

http://www.gazup.com/Og3Tz-2Shared/

biggrin.gif

The Proper Version 2 Patch finally worked for me after 3 days of racking my brains on how to get this game to play as a Disc in the Wii only. It WILL only play through the Original System Menu Disc Channel, NeoGamma R8 beta4 and R8 beta 12 (without changing settings and launched only from the Homebrew Channel - I haven't tried other versions but I assume that they would work to - maybe not 12 though), ULoader 3.1(without changing settings and launched from the Homebrew Channel), Gecko v.1.9 (without changing settings and launched from both Homebrew Channel and from System Menu Channel). It will NOT play in Wii Backup Channel (made from Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma, IOS249) nor the Wii Disc Channel (made with Gamma 0.3 002 Fix) that are installed as System Menu channels. Here are my System specs:

1)Wii NTSC System 4.2U (softmod WITHOUT modchip installed from v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater).
2)StartPatch v.4.2.3U
3)Installed cIOS38 rev14 then installed cIOS38 rev15.
4)Used Pimp My Wii to automatically find and fix missing, outdated, or trucha bugless ioses.
5)Used Dop-IOS to update any IOS that needed updating.

I used Proper Version 2 Patch to patch qf-nsmbw.iso to qf-nsmbw_fixv2.iso and burned the qf-nsmbw_fixv2.iso using a Memorex DVD-R at 4X speed with Ashampoo Burning Studio. If I burned this iso at 6X speed it would give me a read error message when using all of the above working softwares. I have previously burned patched and hex edited NTSC and PAL iso's at 6X speed using CloneCD but that never worked. I also tried unpatched and unhex edited NTSC and PAL iso's and they did NOT work either. So, burning at 4X speed worked with this patch on an NTSC iso. Thank you very much......

Just fixed another Wii to play NSMB without a modchip. It was different than the first one. This time I used these System specs:
1)Wii NTSC System 4.2U (softmod WITHOUT modchip installed from v4.2 Safe Firmware Updater).
2)Pimp My Wii to automatically find and fix missing, outdated, or trucha bugless ioses
3)Installed cIOS38 rev14 then installed cIOS38 rev15.
4)Installed StartPatch v.4.2.3U
5)Used cIOSCORPv3.5 dmm anima.
It was probably overkill to use Pimp My Wii and CIOSCORP but I used CIOSCORP last after using StartPatch and now the PROPER patched game plays from the Disc Channel. Although, Backup Launcher channel does not play it but GeckoOS plays it as a channel. Uloader and GeckOS from the homebrew channel plays it but NeoGamma R8 beta 12 (haven't tried others) from the HBC does not.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm just tried it and can't get it to work:

Still on System menu 4.1 with cIOSCORP 3.5 (including cios53). I've patched the main.dol from the game partition of the bahamut release of this game. Burned the thing and when starting from the disc channel it just restarts the Wii. What can go wrong?

Never mind, while rushing I burned the original instead of the patched version

Phyzoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3DPiper said:
No matter what I do, I get the "exception dsi occurred" error..

I have a 320G USB hard drive full of games, using the latest homebew channel and USB GX loader.. Everything usually works great..

I have used the WBFS manager to copy the iso over the the hard drive, but no matter what version I try (original, patched, trimmed) when I start USBGX it locks up..

If I take NSMB off the hard drive, everything works fine again..

Could I have gotten a bad dump/download?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem, I tried formatting my pendrive, using different loaders, wbfs managers, cios versions, various ISOs and no luck, can't seem to boot the loader at all when the game is on my pendrive.

Damarisu

Trophies
XP
Country
If I have a chip in my Wii (I'm not entirely sure what it's called, that's why I'm asking), which steps should I follow?

The way I want to play it is to burn it out and use it like any game DVD.

krezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
cIOS rev14 is recommended for NeoGamma.

In order to play NSMB without a cIOS, you need to patch the ISO.
hi could you provide a link how to patch ISO's to play games without a cIOS.

I mean, is there a way to patch the ISO in such a way, so that it could be loaded with the "old" gamma loader? (I know it would be better to use newer loaders with 002 fixes etc., but have my reasons...) thanks.

Jebarooney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize if this has been answered before or is an otherwise obvious problem, but I'm having an issue running NSMB via USB loaders and I haven't been able to find the solution through searching. The game loads fine and doesn't time out, but it consistently freezes on World 1-4. I can skip that level via the warp cannon and play through Worlds 5 to 8 without any more freezing issues, but World 1-4 always freezes. Here are my details:

Launch day NTSC-U Wii
4.2 NTSC-U System Menu (updated with xzxero's guide)
CIOS 202, 222, 223 (v 4), 249, 250 (rev 14)
Bootmii IOS & boot2

Unpatched NTSC NSMB
Wiiflow 1.1 R21
Coverfloader v1.3 r1006
Neogamma R8 b11

I've tried through multiple loaders, and have tried deleting my save files and restarting, always with the same results. This has been driving me nuts! If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Damarisu

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Damarisu said:
If I have a chip in my Wii (I'm not entirely sure what it's called, that's why I'm asking), which steps should I follow?

This worked for me on two wii's with the ntsc release.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2413861

Oh, I forgot to add, I'm using PAL, do you think it'll work for that as well?

Oh and, if not, any idea if there's any fix for PAL?

And thanks for the quick reply.

SinRG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
SinRG set the #002 setting to anti

Error 002 Fix right? I turned it on... now instead of getting a blue screen that reads Error #002, it's now a black screen with the same text (there is a problem and requires a disc eject), and no longer does it say Error #002.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SinRG said:
longtom1 said:
SinRG set the #002 setting to anti

Error 002 Fix right? I turned it on... now instead of getting a blue screen that reads Error #002, it's now a black screen with the same text (there is a problem and requires a disc eject), and no longer does it say Error #002.
I have IOS reload option set to on aswell you could try that

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do I go about not forgetting I have this?

What is a trucha bug and how to load it on my wii?

Thanks!

Damarisu

Trophies
XP
Country
Damarisu said:
Tanas said:
Damarisu said:

This worked for me on two wii's with the ntsc release.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2413861

Oh, I forgot to add, I'm using PAL, do you think it'll work for that as well?

Oh and, if not, any idea if there's any fix for PAL?

And thanks for the quick reply.

someone? :X would love some help

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZMan13 said:

Thanks!

the trucha bug is a bug that let the wii run disc that aren't signed by nintendo
you already have the trucha bug if you are under 3.2 firmware,if your firmware is higher than that you need to add it via homebrew

riquezin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to run this game with JUST a modchip? (d2ckey, in my case). Without have to do anything or installing any DOP-ios, trucha bug, anything at all. Just burn a patched iso and play on disc channel.

I've tried every patch i found except this one, from a private torrent site. named:
new super mario bros protecion stripped.
but i still downloading it.

i have post a topic on wiihack.com about the iso above, and they say that already have a working version of NSMB on the forum.
But i look everywhere and did not find this "working" version without the need of ANY kind of softmod on wii.

Please, realy really sorry if there's one and i did not see on the replies here, i look all and i did not find what a i'm lookin for.

the only working versions i know is there a need to install something, DOP-ios, trucha bug, neogamma, loaders, etc.

i have a wii 4.1U, mochip with d2ckey, dont have any kind of softmod, only the chip and games.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
krezy said:
hi could you provide a link how to patch ISO's to play games without a cIOS.

I mean, is there a way to patch the ISO in such a way, so that it could be loaded with the "old" gamma loader? (I know it would be better to use newer loaders with 002 fixes etc., but have my reasons...) thanks.
Just use NeoGammar8b12 for it(edit the png with paint and add the R8Beta12 to it so you don't get confused)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802 is the beginning.

I've quoted and adjusted the 1st post so it's a bit more relevant to those using an unmodified iso
Also, I did post some mirrors to the files if they're down, though I'll just repost them below XD

[brokenquote name='Omega_2' date='Nov 22 2009, 02:35 PM' post='2408927']
What, downed links?
Blasphemy, I won't have that. D:<

PPF files: nsmbxy patch.zip Size: 1.65 KB
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ju5mkg2ynzu

WiiScrubber 140: [4838]Wiiscrubber140Kit.rar Size: 526.55 KB
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g23oiilzfcz

PPF-O-Matic 3: [1228]pdx_ppf-o-matic3.zip Size: 504.85 KB
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xgzoqmmgm0y

There. Now behave you guys. XD
Best results with unpatched iso(best to learn how to do it on your own, that way you won't need to ask and be as helpless; btw, you patch the game partition, not the update partition{this game wants WiiFW 4.1x})
AND the modified directions for the untouched iso(if the update is still on it, it's completely unmodified/stock)
Omega_2 said:
Blue-K said:
For Disc-Loader Users (no ModChip, only cIOS):
-The patched game with the PPF-Files below works fine with rev14 and NeoGamma/SoftChip.

Patching/Fixing the ISO:

1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol you extracted for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and click Apply.
This is the patched main.dol that you can use for alt.dol-Loading. If you want to patch the ISO, read further.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol you just made, make sure to let the program 'parse' itself.(just to make sure)
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber.
9) Burn to disc, mount to USB, and enjoy!
*slightly revised

Or you can search for on the know ISO Sites for an already fixed release. DON'T ASK ANYONE WHERE TO GET THESE!!!https://google.it/dumbass

-Thanks for all Members/Coders contributing and helping!

(Feel free to correct me. I'll update the first post with Infos if something is wrong.)
[/brokenquote]
*Truncated and violated for relevance.

Another confirmation for cIOSrev14 softmod users, I patched only the game partitions' main.dol and loaded fine(also the reason I never came back like I said I would, game's addictive. XD)

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magus said:
ZMan13 said:

Thanks!

the trucha bug is a bug that let the wii run disc that aren't signed by nintendo
you already have the trucha bug if you are under 3.2 firmware,if your firmware is higher than that you need to add it via homebrew

Well, how do I add it with the homebrew?

Phyzoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Phyzoon said:
3DPiper said:
No matter what I do, I get the "exception dsi occurred" error..

I have a 320G USB hard drive full of games, using the latest homebew channel and USB GX loader.. Everything usually works great..

I have used the WBFS manager to copy the iso over the the hard drive, but no matter what version I try (original, patched, trimmed) when I start USBGX it locks up..

If I take NSMB off the hard drive, everything works fine again..

Could I have gotten a bad dump/download?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem, I tried formatting my pendrive, using different loaders, wbfs managers, cios versions, various ISOs and no luck, can't seem to boot the loader at all when the game is on my pendrive.

I managed to make it run using the neogamma usb lading feature, all USB loaders failed me, they didn't even managed to boot the game, giving me the "Exception DSI occurred" black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)