Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUESTION HERE coming from a semi unique problem, and semi clueless softmod/homebrew channel user. I have my wii hardmodded, and I downgraded my IOS and cIOS (dont know what these do exactly, part of the problem) to install wiiware games, and also installed homebrew channel, which i still have. BUT I have since upgraded my wii to version 4.1U (or so it says). Can I still use neogamma with homebrew channel to launch an unpatched version of this game?

Let me check here... when i downgraded i set myself to IOS16 and cIOS249. What do you think they are now, or how do i check? Wad installer says i have a custom cIOS installed and neogamma says I have cIOS revision 4. What to do? Please help if you could.

edit: hmmm and now i see neogamma says my IOS is IOS248 (rev 4). What the heck, are cIOS and IOS the same thing? meh.

In short: can I use my neogamma in my current situation to play the unpatched iso, and what are my cIOS and IOS versions?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again on another console by my guide, & it was successful again. Also, has anyone tried the IOS53 with rev15 dip, while playing on a DVD+R that is booktyped to DVD-ROM on CiosCorp, to see if that will fix the 001 error?

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinkshirt said:
lvholanda said:
There's no way to run this game with modchip from disc channel?

Trucha patch your system IOS and it will work from the disc channel once the ISO is patched to remove the protection, just like it says in the first post.

This seems to work for every chip but the D2Ckey. I'm still waiting to hear of anyone successfully running the game from the disc with that chip.

vki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
0xc0a80001
XP
Country
the patch currently floating around(9421FFD0 - > 4E800020) , doesn't work on all chips. mainly the flat cable type.
i have a working one, it might work for d2ckey as well (i dont have one) if you have a d2ckey and like to test it pm me..
NO NOOBS! i'm talking about the pal version, only

the proper setup is considered:
- trucha on menu
- trucha on IOS53 at LEAST v5149
- patched dol / trucha signed image
- update removal is recommended
- no softmod

like that it should work on all drivecode mods. i can confirm wk1/2 d2pro/lite / winja.

if anyone has the original and is able to run some things, that would be helpful. (pm as well)

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if im updated to 4.1U, cIOS 249, have homebrew installed and launch from neogamma DVD, NTSC game unpatched but scrubbed, how come its still giving me an error after the first level?

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vki said:
the patch currently floating around(9421FFD0 - > 4E800020) , doesn't work on all chips. mainly the flat cable type.
i have a working one, it might work for d2ckey as well (i dont have one) if you have a d2ckey and like to test it pm me..

- trucha on menu

like that it should work on all drivecode mods. i can confirm wk1/2 d2pro/lite / winja.

if anyone has the original and is able to run some things, that would be helpful. (pm as well)

This is great. Thanks for the effort. Look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

I've only got the NTSC version of the game, so I can't help you test.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gokuguy said:
I tried again on another console by my guide, & it was successful again. Also, has anyone tried the IOS53 with rev15 dip, while playing on a DVD+R that is booktyped to DVD-ROM on CiosCorp, to see if that will fix the 001 error?

I am not able to run the game under the disk channel with cioscorp, but it shows up in the menu (kicks me back to systemmenu). Neogamma runs it fine, and I'm using an unpatched NSMB Wii. Mind you under neogamma I use an alternative dol or the game crashes about 10 minutes of gameplay.

But I am using CIOSCorp, used rev15, and no games give me 001 errors. I run everything else from the disk channel except for NSMB Wii

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using
SM 4.2U
cIOSCORP 3.5
cIOS rev15

I must use the patched disc on either USB or disc. It will not run from disc channel, but runs from the uloader and USBLoader GX versions linked to in the first thread. It also runs from coverfloader r1006.

I cannot make it run with neogamma 8 rev 7 (linked to on the first post).

I'm not asking for help, just providing information. I haven't seen what the fuss is about with regards to cIOS rev15. I am able to run all of my usual games from the disc channel without error.

@MrBananman

That's because of the new copy protection. You either need to patch your ISO with the edited main.dol and reburn it, or use the alt .dol method through a loader that works. Another option is to try the ocarina codes. The very first post in this thread tels you how to patch the main.dol yourself.

@anybody who has tested IOS53 with rev15 DiP... would you PLEASE PM me how you go about adding the DiP to an IOS?

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im about to patch the iso. I im stuck at searching for hex values though, I literally have no idea how to find these values, and the NTSC version of the patching part isn't as clear as the PAL version (step 6 in the first post here). Any help? Ill continue to try by myself for now.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afnuke said:
yeah, but I keep reading that "before I installed homebrew my retail disc worked fine and now they dont" and my chip wil play every game except 2(ghostbusters and nsmb). Since this game was released there has been to many people having problems installing it still. Lots of people get errors trying the install guide and I really dont want to email someone to get a link or whatever.

Again, I know nothing of HBC anymore, but I confirmed through other sources that bannerbomb would load the dop ios program and the the IOS53_v5149.wad (truncha_FiXed) is out. Can it not be installed this way and bypass all that homebrew installation?
yeah yeah, just install HBC .......... I would if there wasnt a million forums full of problems and discussions about it. Dont really see that with hard mods.

And yeah, I would just buy the darn thing if I didnt have five kids to take care of ....they always need something
huh.gif

It seems you don't understand HBC (HomeBrew Channel). It is probably the safest thing you can install on your Wii. What gets people into trouble is the actual homebrew applications (DOP-IOS, cIOS wad installers, cIOS packages, etc.) that they run via HBC without understanding what they are doing. I doubt you can find a handful of forums with people experiencing problems as a result of installing HBC.

Either research how to get it running for your specific hardmod and install HBC to make everything simple, or wait for a hardmod fix, or quit whining about 5 kids and buy it. Though if you couldn't figure out how to use a condom I doubt you'll be able to load any cIOS (
grog.gif
kidding of course).

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone walk me through how to find the NTSC values. I've got a hex editor but I'm not sure how to find the exact values, its killin me. I'm using "find" to search for the 8 numbers/letters after the 0x's, but none of them are being found, what am I doing wrong?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open your hex editor, select the go or goto command (possibly Ctrl+G or it should be under the view or edit tab in the title menu bar, varies by editor). input the 1st offset (make sure you check the box for it being a hex value if one exists), it should then highlight/select two digits, change those to what they should be and repeat for the other 3 offsets.

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
I'm using
SM 4.2U
cIOSCORP 3.5
cIOS rev15

I must use the patched disc on either USB or disc. It will not run from disc channel, but runs from the uloader and USBLoader GX versions linked to in the first thread. It also runs from coverfloader r1006.

I cannot make it run with neogamma 8 rev 7 (linked to on the first post).

I'm not asking for help, just providing information. I haven't seen what the fuss is about with regards to cIOS rev15. I am able to run all of my usual games from the disc channel without error.

@MrBananman

That's because of the new copy protection. You either need to patch your ISO with the edited main.dol and reburn it, or use the alt .dol method through a loader that works. Another option is to try the ocarina codes. The very first post in this thread tels you how to patch the main.dol yourself.

@anybody who has tested IOS53 with rev15 DiP... would you PLEASE PM me how you go about adding the DiP to an IOS?

When you say new protection, is there something new for the NTSC version going on here? Or is the first post wrong about step one for hard modded wii's, or am I missing something here. It says use homebrew and load from neogamma, which doesn't work, so I'm guessing something changed for the NTSC version, or that was wrong all along.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody here encountered wiimote losing sync? Ny brother and i kept on losing lives due to the wiimote suddenly losing the sync lights. Have to always sync while in game. I'm using IOS222 and CFG Loader.

Xeon ~ Pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Running NSMB on a 3.4U Wii
WiiKey modded
Scrubbed and Fixed NSMB from Wiisos NTSC (776mb)
Worked via NeoGamma latest version.
And I don't remember installing any cIOS

Step 0:

If you start your Wii with the NSMB backup inside it, it will give you an error that tells you to shut down your console and remove the disc.

Step 1:

Download the NeoGamma

Step 2:

Extract the NeoGamma folder to the App folder of you SD card.

Step 3:

Start NeoGamma from your SD

Step 4:

When the window opens, insert the backup and then tell NeoGamma to load it.

Step 5:

Have fun.

EDIT: Oh, the NeoGamma tells me i got the cIOS rev4.

(Still can't make it work on Disc Channel, any tips for me gokuguy?)

tgenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. I'm frustrated but hoping someone can help.

I have a Wiikey v1 installed, and my NTSC SMB (supposedly wiiscrubbed) updated to 4.2U. The game loads, I can play a few levels, then boom, disc read error. I have never done homebrew and I don't really have a desire for it.

What can I do to play this without the errors?

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
afnuke said:
yeah, but I keep reading that "before I installed homebrew my retail disc worked fine and now they dont" and my chip wil play every game except 2(ghostbusters and nsmb). Since this game was released there has been to many people having problems installing it still. Lots of people get errors trying the install guide and I really dont want to email someone to get a link or whatever.

Again, I know nothing of HBC anymore, but I confirmed through other sources that bannerbomb would load the dop ios program and the the IOS53_v5149.wad (truncha_FiXed) is out. Can it not be installed this way and bypass all that homebrew installation?
yeah yeah, just install HBC .......... I would if there wasnt a million forums full of problems and discussions about it. Dont really see that with hard mods.

And yeah, I would just buy the darn thing if I didnt have five kids to take care of ....they always need something
huh.gif

It seems you don't understand HBC (HomeBrew Channel). It is probably the safest thing you can install on your Wii. What gets people into trouble is the actual homebrew applications (DOP-IOS, cIOS wad installers, cIOS packages, etc.) that they run via HBC without understanding what they are doing. I doubt you can find a handful of forums with people experiencing problems as a result of installing HBC.

Either research how to get it running for your specific hardmod and install HBC to make everything simple, or wait for a hardmod fix, or quit whining about 5 kids and buy it. Though if you couldn't figure out how to use a condom I doubt you'll be able to load any cIOS (
grog.gif
kidding of course).

Just so you know.......my old wii was homebrewed (twighlight hacked) and trust me, I understand most everything that homebrew does and yes there are a lot of advantages to having it. I would install it on my new one if it wasnt for the new stubbed ios (which I dont understand) ...which seems to be the biggest causes of bricks lately. BUT to comment on your remark, what the heck is HBC worth without the apps.....they are the core of getting the most out of homebrew and the wii.

BTW. Thanks WiiPower for the response, keep up the good work

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vki said:

- trucha on menu
- no softmod

I have a D2ckey modded Wii. It's updated to 4.2 with the trucha restorer ran from Homebew Channel, it allows me to add game wads but I don't have any of these CIOS things.

If you can give me quick noob guide on how to trucha IOS53 then I'll test it but I don't have a clue as all games until this one have just worked, I've had no need to install a CIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads