Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,
Any chance this will work for Wiikey users without the need of any loaders etc. ?
I downloaded now 3 different versions with th "promiss" that this works for Mod-Chip users too
wink.gif

Whatever, would be great if someone could do this job for us Wiikey/Mod-Chip users!
rolleyes.gif

Posts merged

Hey guys,
Any chance this will work for Wiikey users without the need of any loaders etc. ?
I downloaded now 3 different versions with th "promiss" that this works for Mod-Chip users too
wink.gif

Whatever, would be great if someone could do this job for us Wiikey/Mod-Chip users!
rolleyes.gif

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My wii is

version 4.0E and softmii 3.0 and all ios updated yesterday with dop-ios mod v8
when i try to launch the game from disc channel it gives me directly a DRE
this is with the old unpatched iso

but when i am at home i try the patched iso to see if that works

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Here some screenshots of the border problem.

The others with the same issue, what is your screen settings, are you using component, RGB or composit, and 50 or 60Hz or even HD/EDTV?

12858_167137613518_680863518_2841415_865880_n.jpg
12858_167137998518_680863518_2841417_3574089_n.jpg
12858_167138263518_680863518_2841418_190122_n.jpg
12858_167138488518_680863518_2841419_718745_n.jpg

The last time I had this problem was with a Japanese Copy of Wario Land Shake run in PAL50.

padawan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Niger
Momdate said:
nando said:
padawan said:
PrincessPeach said:
Has anyone with a PAL-Wii 'PAL-Borders' with the alternative DOL? (I'm using configurable USB-loader 47b-fat)
The Menu, Home Menu and title screen are fullscreen, but ingame has additional borders on top and bottom. Is this a NTSC/PAL screw-up? (Playing in PAL60 with RGB cable on 16:9 CRT).

+1 on a 16:9 lcd. so i guess it's not supposed to be that way
biggrin.gif

this issue is of interest to me too, if anyone can confirm?

I got a pal wii and NO Borders while i play on a 37 LCD and component cable runnin 480p.

you're right, the settings on my wii were on 4:3, changing them back to 16:9 and no borders. sorry for the confusion
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
well, running fine here, my Wii is 3.2, has the latest IOS53 installed, game is running fine with NeoGamma R7 and from USB HD with WiiFlow.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works fine, but only after relizing it doens't work with other things people say worked on my wii.

4.2U Wii
WiiFLOW Open R20 IOS249 (the one stays says "Fix for NSMB: patching main.dol "on the fly""
unpatched scrubbed version of NSMB
all settings for WiiFLOW 100% default.

this worked after all this failed for me:
NeoGamma R8b7 unpatched or patched
USBLoader GX unpatched or patched, any settings
burnt disk patched or unpatched using WiiKey to play it

again, WiiFLOW R20 is the only one that worked for me, despite all those others i tried that are suppose to work. if you are having trouble, try WiiFLOW R20 "Fix for NSMB: patching main.dol "on the fly"" IOS 249.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Zalda said:
i've done all the steps from the first post, but when i click save on wiiscrubber, i pick a location and it comes out with a .dif file
what do i have to do with that?

You don't need to save (although you have the DIFF button selected on the top tag instead of ISO).

When you replace a file with Wiiscrubber it automatically resigns the disc. After replacing it you just burn the ISO.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My settings are exactly the same as Godlike's except mine is 4.1e and works fine
smile.gif

(For those interested it's the first scrubbed release with Main.dol "replaced")

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dack said:
Zalda said:
i've done all the steps from the first post, but when i click save on wiiscrubber, i pick a location and it comes out with a .dif file
what do i have to do with that?

You don't need to save (although you have the DIFF button selected on the top tag instead of ISO).

When you replace a file with Wiiscrubber it automatically resigns the disc. After replacing it you just burn the ISO.

k tnx, will try wednesday, thanks everybody!

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
heartgraffiti said:
Boo_Mansion said:
Do you just get a green screen that shortly redirects you to your Wii Menu? That's what I get.
That's exactly what's happening for me too. Hopefully someone will find a way to play it from a DVD.
same here. I have xzxero old method softmod 4.1 NTSC-U Wii using neogamma R7 same result. Tried the normal IOS and change the main.dol no luck.Got the Fix version and no luck either. Any HElp please?
anyone? PLEASE HELPPP
frown.gif

aslo how can I get IOS53? cause maybe thats my problem

JonoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to play this game right now with the original Wiinja chip using NeoGamma R8b7? I get a green screen with the patched ISO.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lampjese said:
Why is do i see that people updating the ios up to 53.
I have cios38v14 nsmbwii is working i played to the first catsle
smile.gif
Dont have problems with new games at all so is the ios53 needed than?

lmao, honestly, u deserve that newbie title, no offense or anything.

when people are saying they're updating IOS53, they are NOT saying they've updated the cIOS249 to rev 53. The latest revision of the cios is 14. People are talking about updating their IOS53 to the latest version (which came with the 4.2 update), but since then people have reported it working with older revisions of IOS53.

Some people are claiming that IOS53 has to be trucha bugged. I haven't tested this, but I think it does not have to be trucha bugged, it should work with a non-fakesigned ios (i think).

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
heartgraffiti said:
Boo_Mansion said:
Do you just get a green screen that shortly redirects you to your Wii Menu? That's what I get.
That's exactly what's happening for me too. Hopefully someone will find a way to play it from a DVD.
same here. I have xzxero old method softmod 4.1 NTSC-U Wii using neogamma R7 same result. Tried the normal IOS and change the main.dol no luck.Got the Fix version and no luck either. Any HElp please?
anyone? PLEASE HELPPP
frown.gif

aslo how can I get IOS53? cause maybe thats my problem

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
gitkua said:
B-Blue said:
So, what was the problem? Was it a piracy check? a "fluke"? Something else?
Seconded! Great that it works and all; but what caused it not to?

It was indeed a piracy check. The game included a function that checks a certain area of memory for values not normally present while playing retail games. The patch doesn't remove the function from the code, but it rather always causes this function to "return" without result, effectively disabling this function.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright