Gaming New Super Mario Bros 2 VS Super Mario 3D Land - Which is better?

What is better

• Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • NSMB2

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Completely satisfied with Mario 3D land, it's fun, and addicting, got it for 10 bucks today, with store sale and employee discount. Also picked up Mario Kart 7.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SM3DL is one of the best 3DS games (in my opinion the best).

NSMB2 doesn't add much from the first game.

Definetly I'd buy SM3DL if I were you.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SM3DL is one of the best 3DS games (in my opinion the best).

NSMB2 doesn't add much from the first game.

Definetly I'd buy SM3DL if I were you.
But I did buy it.
Completely satisfied with Mario 3D land, it's fun, and addicting, got it for 10 bucks today, with store sale and employee discount. Also picked up Mario Kart 7.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
atleast spoiler alert it for him....

What's to spoil? More levels unlocking isn't that much of a spoiler, particalarly when you consider...

-You unlock Luigi by beating Special World 1-Castle
-If you 100% the game, you get 5 Shiny Stars on your profile, and unlock Special World 8-Crown
-The statue Tanooki Leaf becomes available in the Special Worlds.

Besides, was it really that hard to predict?

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's to spoil? More levels unlocking isn't that much of a spoiler, particalarly when you consider...

-You unlock Luigi by beating Special World 1-Castle
-If you 100% the game, you get 5 Shiny Stars on your profile, and unlock Special World 8-Crown
-The statue Tanooki Leaf becomes available in the Special Worlds.

Besides, was it really that hard to predict?
so you werent in this forums when the game was released right?

people were complaining that the game is too easy, too fast and too short, no one thought that after you finish the normal worlds you unlock 8 challenge mode worlds...

so to your answer, yes it was hard to predict, fact that LegendaryTemper said the game was short after playing it for 5 mins

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Although the 8 special worlds are a much recycled from the previous 8,
I like them, they give the game challenge.

The original 8 worlds are too easy.

I hope Nintendo releases a sequel

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Though it is too late to sway your decision, NSMB2 is the only Mario game I have ever (I am old enough to have had a NES) given up on. I got it at launch and stopped after world two, it fwels more like a sub par rayman game th
an Mario

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Land 3D is WORLDS better than NSMB2. NSMB2 is a rehack with very little original content. If you liked the rest in the series, you might like it. But there is almost nothing knew compared to the rest of NSMB series, not to mention it is incredibly easy.

Super Mario 3D is MUST more original, and although it's not that difficult, you will (at least I did) have a great time playing through it. It's a bit short but should take you less time to 100% the game b/c NSMB2 requires some ridiculous accomplishments (most of them stupid) to 100% the game.

I'd go with the 3D one because it is the coolest thing since the introduction of 3D Mario games, and the level designs are GREAT.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
(Super Mario 3D Land)'s a bit short but should take you less time to 100% the game b/c NSMB2 requires some ridiculous accomplishments (most of them stupid) to 100% the game.

lolwut?

In Super Mario 3D Land:
-Reach the top flagpole in every level as both Mario and Luigi.
-Collect every Star Coin, except the Mystery Box ones because they are essentially endless.

In New Super Mario Bros. 2:
-Collect every Star Coin

Getting a Million Coins doesn't count as it doesn't affect the main game at all. It's a shared goal between all 3 save files, not an individual one.

NSMB2 is a rehack with very little original content. If you liked the rest in the series, you might like it. But there is almost nothing new compared to the rest of NSMB series, not to mention it is incredibly easy.

You're comparing NSMB2 to the other NSMB games, not 3D Land. NSMB2 has 80 original levels (not including the 30 DLC levels) and that's what the 2D Mario's are all about. Beats playing through slightly different levels for the second half of the game.

It' a value of mine to judge a game based purely on itself and not the past installments. I usually prefer the 3D Mario games to 2D ones. I'm just judging how good each one was for their respective field.

As a 3D Mario game, Super Mario 3D Land was good, it had it's moments, but the levels were hardly memorable and could have been better if more time had been put in it.
For 2D Mario games, NSMB2 had some good, creative levels (though I thought there were too many auto-scrolling levels for my tastes).

And 3D Land is much easier than NSMB2, just saying.

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not hard to be "creative" when you're re-hashing the same crap you've been doing for years.

honestly tell me that ANY of the "new" SMB series has levels that are as creative or original as, say, SMB3 or SMB World. Light Years away.

Yeah the ones from 3D land don't exactly come into my dreams at night, they were fun. And beyond the level design, the actually GAMEPLAY was memorable. Not a perfect game, but not a total rehash like the entire "new" series has been. It's getting annoying. For as many people who dissed on the GC game "Sunshine", it terms of creativity it tears the pants off of these new 2D side-scrollers that a 5-year-old could have thrown together.

P.S. You refuted my argument by saying that 3D Land simply took half the levels and rearranged them. That's true. But who cares? They had the option not to do that at all. It might not be the best way to double the levels but it was something. Personally, I thought they were original enough to warrant being added (although I would have preferred a completely new set of levels) but oh well. Still puts that (now-getting-to-be) age old formula to shame.

P

pasc

Since I have always wanted 3D Land but haven't gotten around to getting it. (Won't be getting any easier with more and more interesting games being announced) I would vote for that.

New Super Mario Bros on DS was alright, but I just thougt other Mario games as better.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSMB 2 started to appeal less to me compared to NSMB Wii. Super Mario 3D Land has been great though. I really want to try out the NSMB Wii U game though lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn