Gaming New Super Mario Bros 2 VS Super Mario 3D Land - Which is better?

What is better

• Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • NSMB2

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SM3DL is just so much better than NSMB2. Good level desings, fun gameplay and good use of the 3D effect make it a must buy!

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm huge fan of Mario adventure/platform games (3d and 2d) and for the first time ever I had to look on gamefaqs to finish "100%" of a super mario (in this case NSMB2), the secrets, level designs and other are not pretty good as you will find on M3DL.

So, IMHO go with MARIO LAND 3D without a doubt !

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it depends on how you play either of them.
if you go into those games with just a mindset of beating it, both are going to be short.
Collection wise, 3Dland is the way to go. If you take your time, you can put some hours into the game.
however, I honestly like NSMB2 more. The game can be stretched enormously if yoj focus your time into finding star coins without a guide, the level design is a bit simple but entertaining, and I would STRONGLY suggest it if you get alot of streetpasses and someone has the same game. There is a great sense of satisfaction in destroying peoples records in coin rush.
and that would be my other point of this argument, is the DLC level packs. Theyre only for coin rush though, not the main game. However, if your the kind of gamer that likes to top high scores, you can get a lot of satisfaction from toppingg coin totals in coin rush. And some of the DLC packs are very challenging.
Last note, both of the 3D effects are really good. 3D land is alot better then NSMB2 in terms of 3D of course, but NSMB2 does a decent job as well.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally liked NSMB2 better. SM3DL is a great game, and some of the later levels are quite challenging. But once you finish, that's it. I find the coin rush mode and DLC content in NSMB2 quite fun, because you can keep trying to perfect your run and get better scores. I guess it depends if you are into that kind of thing though.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't really know with this. I've always preferred the 3D Mario's to the modern 2D Mario's, and I LOVED 3D Land, but after the first playthrough, it lacks replayability which is something I usually love with Mario games. The repetitive use of the same levels over in the Special Worlds killed it for me.

NSMB2 is my favourite NSMB so far (I haven't fully played NSMBU yet so I can't judge it) because it pays the biggest homage to SMB3 since... well, SMB3. Plus, getting all the Star Coins is actually something of a challenge in comparison to 3D Land.

It feels wrong for me to say this, but I might actually prefer a 2D Mario over a 3D Mario this time.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SM3DL is the better choice. You've already played a bunch of 2D Mario games, and NSMB2 is very good as the next entry in the series. But SM3DL is just a stunning experience for a handheld. And don't let anyone tell you either one is short on content ... if you play these games to 100% them, they'll keep you busy for some time.

Whichever you choose, enjoy it and get the other later.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with super Mario land is it's just too damn easy. New Super Mario Bros is more difficult. Still of I had to choose it would be Mario Land.

D

Deleted_171835

Well one is a 3D platformer and the other is a 2D platformer. You can't compare the two.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D Land is better as the gameplay and level design feels more professional. Feels less "rushed" in terms of quality too.

Both games though are the only Mario titles that I'll never ever want to play again, not that they're bad, they're just pretty damn uneventful and the standard of Mario plattformers are far higher than what these games can offer. Both feel like that Nintendo are going through the motions and only made these games so that they'll have a 3D Mario title and a 3D Mario title on the 3DS. Had these had more time spent on them, they could have been a lot better but still better than most plattformers.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have Super Mario 3D Land, and its not that easy if you want to 100% it. I am now trying to get NSMB 2, and in my opinion NSMB 2 is more fun because its a pick up and play game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse