Gaming New Super Mario Bros 2 VS Super Mario 3D Land - Which is better?

What is better

• Super Mario 3D Land

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • NSMB2

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is probably the only time I have felt significantly let down by a Mario platformer. It is not a bad game but it just seems lazy. The original on DS had tons of mini-games and stuff....not here unless you count coin rush mode. And what in heck is with triceratops on a ferris wheel boss battles all the time....ok maybe one would have been ok but its ridiculous and super easy and very repetitive. The boss battles in this game are definitely weak, even the final battle with Bowser is sort of lame. The 3-D is awful too.....everything in the background get blurry or out of focus when you turn 3D on, the game looks much better with it turned off. Also I was expecting the final unlockable world to be more challenging than the rest of the game but it was extremely easy many times beating a level with all 3 moon coins on the first try. The best part of this game was the cannon levels being shot through the level super fast and having to make precise jumps.

Super Mario 3D Land is also pretty easy but it is better and more creative and has more levels and better boss battles and uses 3D really well. This is a great game. The real final level is pretty challenging...I still have not gotten through it with out using the tanooki suit.

I have 100% on both games.

FireValk01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is probably the only time I have felt significantly let down by a Mario platformer. It is not a bad game but it just seems lazy. The original on DS had tons of mini-games and stuff....not here unless you count coin rush mode. And what in heck is with triceratops on a ferris wheel boss battles all the time....ok maybe one would have been ok but its ridiculous and super easy and very repetitive. The boss battles in this game are definitely weak, even the final battle with Bowser is sort of lame. The 3-D is awful too.....everything in the background get blurry or out of focus when you turn 3D on, the game looks much better with it turned off. Also I was expecting the final unlockable world to be more challenging than the rest of the game but it was extremely easy many times beating a level with all 3 moon coins on the first try. The best part of this game was the cannon levels being shot through the level super fast and having to make precise jumps.

Super Mario 3D Land is also pretty easy but it is better and more creative and has more levels and better boss battles and uses 3D really well. This is a great game. The real final level is pretty challenging...I still have not gotten through it with out using the tanooki suit.

I have 100% on both games.

i was on the fence about these 2 games as well but your comment has helped me make my mind up. thanks

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hell, I like NSMB 2 much more than 3D Land. 3D Land was too easy and too many worlds were repeated. Not to mention it was too short. The special worlds were a little harder but they were just repeats of the original worlds and felt like a chore to complete.

In NSMB 2 the levels feel longer and there are a lot more levels in each world. Plus there are more secrets like secret exits that are hard to find. The star coins are harder to find too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol