• Views 132,529
  • Replies 916
  • Likes 15

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what is it? Is Xenoblade a card1 or card2 game? Would be more helpful than stating what I said.

Xenoblade is card1. I got ninja'd in reply.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Split the rom? Open it up in a hex editor, split it at the half way offset, 1 file is xenoblade1.3ds and the other file is xenoblade2.3ds, then put those files onto the SD card and then reopen them in a hex editor and paste xenoblade2.3ds into the end of xenoblade1.3ds and that should work, no?

GW comes with rom spliter pc and mac.

Reactions: mungry

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But how will we inject them since they've done away with templates?

a .CFG file will be created in your microSD card after a game has
been played, it includes the specific info for that game(CART_ID,FLASH_ID...), you can build
you own .CFG file for playing a new game(or an online game)

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for example, I'd rip my own private header and copy it into the .CFG? Easy. Or you could input it into the rom manually but I don't know anything much about headers as I haven't use GW or Sky before.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Split the rom? Open it up in a hex editor, split it at the half way offset, 1 file is xenoblade1.3ds and the other file is xenoblade2.3ds, then put those files onto the SD card and then reopen them in a hex editor and paste xenoblade2.3ds into the end of xenoblade1.3ds and that should work, no?

I just don't see how splitting is supposed to help bypass a filesize limit. If I rejoin files once they are on the SD the file is again bigger than 4gb - that doesn't magically solve the problem, does it? No idea.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't see how splitting is supposed to help bypass a filesize limit. If I rejoin files once they are on the SD the file is again bigger than 4gb - that doesn't magically solve the problem, does it? No idea.
Well, you're probably right. Then again, Xenoblade3D is playable trimmed at 3.71gb so there shouldn't be a problem if you trim it. (Unless it's a card2 game, which it is not)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I was under the assumption that Slot-1 enforces encryption for CTR titles, so I'm curious to see how their new "homebrew" feature works. Because at face value from what I know, it looks useless.

First off, zero key encryption which is what Gateway enables doesn't work in any other CFW. (because as far as I know none of free CFW out has any mode/patch that enables this. Probably because it will break retail cart booting)

Meaning you'd have to go through the trouble of finding a way of encrypting your homebrew using the official retail keys which is not a easy being that no one still hasn't made a CTR Encryptor equivalent to the CTR Decryptor feature of rxTools/Decrypt9.

So that means you'd have to own two flashcarts to use the homebrew feature because right now only Gateway mode enables zero key and you have to have a Gateway card (or a DTWO+ if you are feeling brave) to boot into Gateway mode. But then you can just run your homebrew on the Gateway card as well as your official games. :P

But perhaps they somehow managed to get zero key/unencrypted roms to run on this thing while in CFW. But I'm doubting it.

Homebrew certainly will not work on this thing on a 9.3 or higher sysnand. Unless they did some kernel hax voodoo.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I was under the assumption that Slot-1 enforces encryption for CTR titles, so I'm curious to see how their new "homebrew" feature works. Because at face value from what I know, it looks useless.

First off, zero key encryption which is what Gateway enables doesn't work in any other CFW. (because as far as I know none of free CFW out has any mode/patch that enables this. Probably because it will break retail cart booting)

Meaning you'd have to go through the trouble of finding a way of encrypting your homebrew using the official retail keys which is not a easy being that no one still hasn't made a CTR Encryptor equivalent to the CTR Decryptor feature of rxTools/Decrypt9.

So that means you'd have to own two flashcarts to use the homebrew feature because right now only Gateway mode enables zero key and you have to have a Gateway card (or a DTWO+ if you are feeling brave) to boot into Gateway mode. But then you can just run your homebrew on the Gateway card as well as your official games. :P

But perhaps they somehow managed to get zero key/unencrypted roms to run on this thing while in CFW. But I'm doubting it.

Homebrew certainly will not work on this thing on a 9.3 or higher sysnand. Unless they did some kernel hax voodoo.
They're talking about .3dsx homebrew via Cubic Ninja ROM.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I asked the Sky3DS team by e-mail.

Ekaitz said:
I plan to buy a Sky3DS+.
I saw that this new Sky3DS+ doesn’t use the DiskWritter anymore.
It seems that we have to format the microSD card in FAT32 but some games like Xenoblade are bigger than 4GB (which is the size limit on a FAT32 formatted device).

How can we play Xenoblade using this new flashcart?
Should we split the file, compress it, format the card in something else that FAT32, use a specific software such as the DiskWritter?

Thank you for your help.

They answered that:

Sky3DS team said:
Don't worry about that, for those large size roms (4GB), you can use other 3rd party rool (like: 3dsexplorer) to trim it to the small size, sky3DS+ works fine with the trimmed rom! we will fix it in coming new firmware update anyway.

I don't know if it will actually work but well, that's it.

Reactions: Zidapi and Psi-hate
D

Deleted-19228

Chances are they will add exFat support just like Gateway. I have a feeling Gateway might have a flashable firmware option to emulate Sky3DS+ lmfao.

D

Deleted-236924

No, as that would require Kernel Access. Sky3ds can and only will be able to emulate roms with Userland which can't install any cia, legit or not.
Essentially, yeah, I guess.
Sky doesn't just emulate games in userland mode, it plays games with the full capabilities of the system.
What makes DevMenu not work is that it is not a properly signed rom. If we were able to get a properly-signed DevMenu.3ds, we would be able to install .cias
However, only legit .cias would actually work, due to signature checks.

But that isn't the case, and highly unlikely we will ever get that. But theoretically, it would be possible.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In fact, the answer they gave me is quite good because at the moment, Xenoblade is the "largest" game. And we can trim it, so we reach something around 3.7Gb. No problem for Sky3DS.

Otherwise if a +4Gb game CARD2 would appear, it would be incompatible until Sky3DS add the exFat support. (But I think they will did it, really, it is in their interest to do so)

What games has AP?

Animal Crossing Home Designer, The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes, Monster Hunter X, Fire Emblem, the last Mario & Luigi, in fact the main part of the new major releases got this AP shit.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there