• Replies 916
  • Likes 15

Hopeful Death

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FAT32 limit is technically 2 bytes less than an exact 4 GB so games that are exactly 4 GB won't fit as is, yes. Fortunately trimming should be enough to cut off 2 bytes

Last edited by Hopeful Death,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lol what? the Blue button (even the red button one) Sky3DS could have booted Cubic Ninja too. So why would they announce this as a new feature?
They do not announce that as a new feature. They just announce that as a feature. It was the same with the Blue button one.

Sky3DS can launch various exploits based on ROM and payloads made by the community.

D

Deleted-19228

Will wait to buy till they proof the next update supports larger then 4GB roms :)

Also Next update is for SuperCard DSTwo+ -> Gateway and Sky3DS support!
or better a new card -> SuperCard DSThree -> Gateway Emulation and Sky3DS+ emulation!

There are NO roms larger than 4GB.

Thornhill33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I answered this on the first or second page, none. 4GB is the largest.

List of 4GB ROMs :

Biohazard Revelations
Bravely Default
Bravely Default: For the Sequel
Devil Survivor 2: Break Record
Donkey Kong Returns 3D
Dragon Quest VIII: Sora to Umi to Daichi to Norowareshi Himegimi
E.X. Troopers
Grandpa Carls Flying House 3D
Hatsune Miku - Project Mirai 2
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Inazuma Eleven Go 2 - Chrono Stone - Neppuu
Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone - Raimei
Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones: Thunderflash
Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones: Wildfire
Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy Big Bang
Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy Supernova
Inazuma Eleven Go: Light
Inazuma Eleven Go: Shadow
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster Hunter 4G
Pachipara 3D Deluxe Umi Monogatari
PachiPara 3D: Ooumi Monogatari 2
PachiPara 3D: Ooumi Monogatari 2 with Agnes Lum - Pachi-Pro Fuuunroku Hana Kesareta License
PachiPara 3D: Premium Umi Monogatari - Yumemiru Otome to Pachinko Ou Ketteisen
Resident Evil - Revelations
Sengoku Musou Chronicle 3
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Senran Kagura 2: Shinku
Shin Megami Tensei 2: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Sugar Rush 3D
Xenoblade (N3DS Only)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS Only)

D

Deleted-19228

Did you just waste your time confirming what I already said? 4GB is the largest rom size currently. lmfao

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially, yeah, I guess.
Sky doesn't just emulate games in userland mode, it plays games with the full capabilities of the system.
What makes DevMenu not work is that it is not a properly signed rom. If we were able to get a properly-signed DevMenu.3ds, we would be able to install .cias
However, only legit .cias would actually work, due to signature checks.

But that isn't the case, and highly unlikely we will ever get that. But theoretically, it would be possible.
Oh, I thought it was userland. My bad. :P

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So no more doubts about that: It works and can play every games.
It's really plug and play (no DiskWritter anymore), I think that this Sky3DS can be considered as a good product.

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt Sky3DS owners will buy this shit. I'm not paying €100 more just so that I don't need diskwriter for games or Cubic Ninja for homebrew. I definitely won't pay €100 for the ability to go backwards when switching through games because it's not like I have memorised the order my games are in on my Sky3DS.
Though I'll probably give in and buy it for the AP checks "problem".

Question: The site says that the firmware is updatable. Why would it need to be updated? I'm guessing they'll be releasing patches for AP checks on new games released in the future.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt Sky3DS owners will buy this shit. I'm not paying €100 more just so that I don't need diskwriter for games or Cubic Ninja for homebrew. I definitely won't pay €100 for the ability to go backwards when switching through games because it's not like I have memorised the order my games are in on my Sky3DS.
Though I'll probably give in and buy it for the AP checks "problem".

Question: The site says that the firmware is updatable. Why would it need to be updated? I'm guessing they'll be releasing patches for AP checks on new games released in the future.

You have to look at it as an overall consumer. Did the old Sky3DS save you 100's of dollars? Most likely. Worthy Purchase. Will the Sky3DS+ save you 100's of dollars on currently released AP check games and future AP check games? Yes. Worth the purchase. The fact that they are adding in a firmware upgrade is a huge plus (pun intended), that gives the product a guarantee. Other features such as not having to use diskwriter and having back/forth buttons are just extra goodies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...