• Views 132,968
  • Replies 916
  • Likes 15

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
The Sky3DS team are acting like Apple with their Iphones. Apple makes minor improvements to their new phones every year just so their Sheeple will continue to feed them money. Pretty much the same thing with the Sky3DS.

Reactions: DaFixer

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The Sky3DS team are acting like Apple with their Iphones. Apple makes minor improvements to their new phones every year just so their Sheeple will continue to feed them money. Pretty much the same thing with the Sky3DS.
Not really true, If Sky would act like Apple, they never would have added the extra button! A thing Apple never did!

xRandomLurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't remember where, but I read somewhere that the Sky3DS + can play DS games. Is it true? Also I can't find it anywhere, does the sigchecks and all apply to DS games? Or is it possible to run DS homebrew like as a .nds disguised as a game?

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't remember where, but I read somewhere that the Sky3DS + can play DS games. Is it true? Also I can't find it anywhere, does the sigchecks and all apply to DS games? Or is it possible to run DS homebrew like as a .nds disguised as a game?

Sky3DS+ can't play DS games. You must of heared of DSTwo Plus which can play gba/snes/ds/3ds games.

Reactions: xRandomLurker
D

Deleted-236924

DS games don't have a sig check per-se, but they are checked against a whitelist, so let's say we had a cart that functioned like the Sky does but for DS games, it wouldn't be able to run homebrew.
But DS flashcards can just disguise themselves as a legit game and then run any ds code without any restrictions from within their menu so it isn't a problem.

xRandomLurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DS games don't have a sig check per-se, but they are checked against a whitelist, so let's say we had a cart that functioned like the Sky does but for DS games, it wouldn't be able to run homebrew.
But DS flashcards can just disguise themselves as a legit game and then run any ds code without any restrictions from within their menu so it isn't a problem.
So that's why carts like R4 and Acekard 2i were changing disguises every so update. Thanks and sorry for the off topic.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
List of 4GB ROMs :

Biohazard Revelations
Bravely Default
Bravely Default: For the Sequel
Devil Survivor 2: Break Record
Donkey Kong Returns 3D
Dragon Quest VIII: Sora to Umi to Daichi to Norowareshi Himegimi
E.X. Troopers
Grandpa Carls Flying House 3D
Hatsune Miku - Project Mirai 2
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Deluxe
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
Inazuma Eleven Go 2 - Chrono Stone - Neppuu
Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone - Raimei
Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones: Thunderflash
Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones: Wildfire
Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy Big Bang
Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy Supernova
Inazuma Eleven Go: Light
Inazuma Eleven Go: Shadow
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Monster Hunter 4G
Pachipara 3D Deluxe Umi Monogatari
PachiPara 3D: Ooumi Monogatari 2
PachiPara 3D: Ooumi Monogatari 2 with Agnes Lum - Pachi-Pro Fuuunroku Hana Kesareta License
PachiPara 3D: Premium Umi Monogatari - Yumemiru Otome to Pachinko Ou Ketteisen
Resident Evil - Revelations
Sengoku Musou Chronicle 3
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Senran Kagura 2: Shinku
Shin Megami Tensei 2: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Sugar Rush 3D
Xenoblade (N3DS Only)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS Only)

not quite true, many of these i have run un trimmed, so they must be just under 4GB for FAT32. games like project mirai, MH4U, SMT DeSu2 break record, ect,

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a note unto my own post, i think xenoblade chronicles is special 4GB cause its for the new3ds. maybe there is something deceitful about the size of the roms in bytes that is displayed for all but the games ONLY FOR NEW NINTENDO 3DS, and that the N3ds actually uses bigger games just not in appearance or something.

or maybe, N3ds can run them and o3ds can't? that would be to wierd as its both from a fat32 microsd. altho n3ds came out after sky3ds so i COULD foresee something like that happening as some form of low level AP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

to be clear, i can run 4GB games on old3ds with fat32 just fine. but if that list is true, and along with xenoblade not workable on new3ds for its size, wouldn't the others not work as well? it would have to be some NEW 3DS thing right? or at the least NEW 3DS GAME thing. has anyone tested those roms on new3ds?

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
ModChipCentral claims this cart can play DS ROMs and CIAs, amongst others (Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it)

This is in their Q&A:
Q: Can this Sky3DS play standard DS/DSi games?
A: Yes it can play DS/DSi Games!

D

Deleted-236924

Doubt it, that isn't even listed as a feature on the actual Sky3DS website.
And it definitely cannot run .cias, unless of course you were already on 9.2 or lower, but then it still isn't the Sky itself running the .cias

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is technically speculation until we get a full-fledged review from someone in possession of it. Then, and only then can we confirm things.

Reactions: Hiccup

fishkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wow..so they make a next gen card less than a year...so innovative and so greedy...thx god i already sell my blue button sky3ds card 3month ago...im not surprised if this so called next gen sky3ds card is also rushed product to tackle new AP...this team have a good skill on hardware lvl but they don't have vision for making their product futureproof...either it was intentional or not...upgradable firmware??they don't have track record for upgradeable firmware so this feature is in question how they tackle future AP from big N?...they do have a very good record for upgradable hardware tho (create 2 card in less than a year) and that was a bad rep...

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this thread kind of started asking where the cheapest buy was and some guy responded $75 from ModChipCentral... well it's now $85, along with almost every other website running up to $100 on others.

Is there anything cheaper still out there? I'm in the US.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this thread kind of started asking where the cheapest buy was and some guy responded $75 from ModChipCentral... well it's now $85, along with almost every other website running up to $100 on others.

Is there anything cheaper still out there? I'm in the US.
It updated from $75 to $85 yesterday so we should all pre-order it now (if you plan to get it) before the price goes up again.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The $75 was pre-order sale only for 1 week after Black Friday. Or you could wait for Christmas sale. I pre-ordered mine a few days ago and ordered a second DSTwo Plus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy