Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still doesn't work. I even tried clearing my cache but that didn't help.

Did you actually download the file? the download page with the correct info comes up, but when the DL should actually start is when the error pops up.

EDIT: Two other people on the shoutbox just confirmed that it doesn't work. Try uploading again.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did use the GUI (as you can see here) and the error keeps popping up.

used_gui.png

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a file not found, so i clicked the x on the download window and clicked download again
after clicking the download the second time it worker =\
for the too many filenames, well i can't figure that out, it works fine over here

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried trimming for demo 2 but am getting same error when try patching. may try dumping the game myself and tryin that see if the rom has been trimmed without knowledge of it

EDIT: tried downloading 2.01 and says file not found

P.s anyone willing to send me a patched rom via my email?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Laughlyn said:
I has the game already (not rom) i just cant apply the mod

Yeah, you can't ask for ROMs. Even if it's legal in your sense (that you're just using a "backup" of your game), we can't give it out. Be resourceful, use Google, read the Forum rules. There's tons of sites who offer ROMs.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Laughlyn said:
I has the game already (not rom) i just cant apply the mod

Yeah, you can't ask for ROMs. Even if it's legal in your sense (that you're just using a "backup" of your game), we can't give it out. Be resourceful, use Google, read the Forum rules. There's tons of sites who offer ROMs.

i also has the rom, they easy to find. there doesnt seem to be any more info on the error that pops up when tryign to apply the mod to a rom which i've both ripped myself any downloaded.

everythings as shud be in the readme file but i just get the error i posted on page 11 or 12

Update: Re ripped my original and 'obtained' 5 other roms, does it matter what region game is from? i've tried both U.S and EUR, i've trimmed them all as well as someone mentioned but i still get the same error

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

which i'm guessing is summat to do with the nds 'input' file

any help or search strings would be appreciated

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Works fine here too, followed the insructions and all.
Just make sure that you erase the .sav when overwriting the first hacked rom with the newer one on your flashcard and it should be ok (M3 Sakura 1.43 edition here).
Well done so far jceggbert5 and keep up the good work!
Merry Christmas to all
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
The GUI won't run on my PC. I assume I need some runtime or other, but I'm not going to install one for this. You should just use the command line version of xdelta and include a batch file to patch the rom.

Also, you should specify which region of the game the patch is for in the readme.It most likely needs .NET 2.1 framework which you should have for numerous apps.

QUOTE(xvolution @ Dec 25 2009, 02:14 AM) I did use the GUI (as you can see here) and the error keeps popping up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/xvo...on/used_gui.png
Need to know the file names you used...
But I'm going to guess that the Source and Output filenames are the same.
You need to put a new file for the output like this:
nrmbxdui.png

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally got it to work and would appear u have to make sure its a U.S version ur tryign to patch. mine must just not have been labelled

i have r4i 1.4 and on first world i dont have any block icons. all undeground stuff looks great, noticed small glitch when zooms in when u move onto next stage an dthe warp zone is pure brilliance. once everythin has been ironed out this will be summat to rival nintendo's own

bow.gif

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Original was named NSMB while the new was named NRMB. Still didn't work. Something's wrong with my computer, cause it gives the same error with everything I try to patch with xdelta.

Luckily another computer was available and the patch worked on it. Go figure
unsure.gif

EDIT: Some things I've noticed so far:
1-A (1-2 Lost Levels) isn't in Challenge Mode. Is that intentional? Or maybe a limitation of the editor you're using?
1-5 (1-3 Lost Levels), the floating squids can't be killed, unlike in the original Lost Levels. Another limitation?

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of interest, how do the levels structure?

is it smb lv1.1 1.2 1.3 as NRSMB 1.1-1.3 and then the lost levels lv1.1-1.3 as lv1 1.4-1.6 and so on with each level or are the levels intertwined?
(if the above makes any sense at all that is lol)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xvolution said:
1-A (1-2 Lost Levels) isn't in Challenge Mode. Is that intentional? Or maybe a limitation of the editor you're using?Confirmed.
The Normal Exit is in 'Challenge Mode'.
The first Bonus Exit (To World 3) is in 'Challenge Mode'.
xvolution said:
1-5 (1-3 Lost Levels), the floating squids can't be killed, unlike in the original Lost Levels. Another limitation?Confirmed.
Cannot kill them even with Turtle Shells.

1-A (SMB2/LL 1-2): Cannot go down the top of the pipe.
Is this a bug? I vaguely recall not being able to go down the top of the pipe in one of the levels... but I can't recall what game or level... And that in it's self might have been a bug originally
tongue.gif

1-A (SMB2/LL 1-2: Repeating Piranha Plant 'ladder' sections.
16 blocks after the Piranha Plant 'ladder' to the first Bonus Exit (World 3), there is a section of Piranha Plant 'ladder' that appears, but you cannot climb it.
You MUST hit the block to reveal the 'ladder' itself to show the sections
And again 16 blocks after that.
And again 16 blocks after that..
And again 16 blocks after that...
( etc etc etc
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE(Laughlyn @ Dec 25 2009, 05:12 PM)
just out of interest, how do the levels structure?

is it smb lv1.1 1.2 1.3 as NRSMB 1.1-1.3 and then the lost levels lv1.1-1.3 as lv1 1.4-1.6 and so on with each level or are the levels intertwined?
(if the above makes any sense at all that is lol)
NSMB 1-1 = SMB 1-2
NSMB 1-2 = SMB 1-2
NSMB 1-3 = SMB 1-3
NSMB 1-T = SMB 1-C
NSMB 1-4 = SMB2/LL 1-1
NSMB 1-A = SMB2/LL 1-2
NSMB 1-5 = SMB2/LL 1-3
NSMB 1-C = SMB2/LL 1-C
(T = Tower, C = Castle, A = Bonus)

This may seem like it's out of order, but 1-A is unlocked for 5 coins and comes before 1-5 on the world map.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
xvolution said:
1-A (1-2 Lost Levels) isn't in Challenge Mode. Is that intentional? Or maybe a limitation of the editor you're using?I am working to fix that...

QUOTE(xvolution @ Dec 25 2009, 03:07 PM) 1-5 (1-3 Lost Levels), the floating squids can't be killed, unlike in the original Lost Levels. Another limitation?
This is not a limitation of the editor, but of the game... (Fire works great, though!)

Demo 2 is here:
http://filetrip.net/f9161-New-Retro-Mario-...rt--Demo-2.html

I am working on fixing the Demo 2.01 download...

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
1-A (SMB2/LL 1-2): Cannot go down the top of the pipe.
Is this a bug? I vaguely recall not being able to go down the top of the pipe in one of the levels... but I can't recall what game or level... And that in it's self might have been a bug originally
tongue.gif

1-A (SMB2/LL 1-2: Repeating Piranha Plant 'ladder' sections.
16 blocks after the Piranha Plant 'ladder' to the first Bonus Exit (World 3), there is a section of Piranha Plant 'ladder' that appears, but you cannot climb it.
You MUST hit the block to reveal the 'ladder' itself to show the sections
And again 16 blocks after that.
And again 16 blocks after that..
And again 16 blocks after that...

Pipe: I removed the top of the pipe from 1-A and 1-2 because of a layering issure...

Vine: I have no idea how to fix this, any help would be apprecicated. - I am going to try to adjust some of the camera settings... They may be the culprit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1