ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

Newbie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to rouse anyone's attention to anything, but if I were you I'd try the cheat engine trick again ASAP before Datel does it again.

Check out the cherish balls and unreleased content.

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to rouse anyone's attention to anything, but if I were you I'd try the cheat engine trick again ASAP before Datel does it again.

Check out the cherish balls and unreleased content.
I just tried to get AZ Floette on Y (US Version), changing 6043 to 6044. Nothing. I didn't think it would work anyway.

TheWhiteNorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
How does the region modifier code work ? Does it change the cartridge's region, or only the first pokemon's region in our box ?
Thanks

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we will be able to trade over any Banked hacked Pokeball mons to the new games...

I would think so. The hack checks are on the Transporter end of things. Bank doesn't seem to have any hack checks at all on it since you can place the banned Powersaves content, etc on it.

sirilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Y version has just stopped working..................................but different from videos posted here days ago.

I inserted it on power saves
removed as always because it was not recognized
the cheats were loaded,
them I removed it because i remembered I had to nickname a pokemon before shinifing it.... and them... it stopped to be recognized on 3ds, it even doesnt show the icon of the cartridge on the 3ds menu anymore.

If I insert it on power saves, it shows an empty warning, and doesnt show my saves backups anymore................................
Has someone stated the same problem ?

j_smith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Y version has just stopped working..................................but different from videos posted here days ago.

I inserted it on power saves
removed as always because it was not recognized
the cheats were loaded,
them I removed it because i remembered I had to nickname a pokemon before shinifing it.... and them... it stopped to be recognized on 3ds, it even doesnt show the icon of the cartridge on the 3ds menu anymore.

If I insert it on power saves, it shows an empty warning, and doesnt show my saves backups anymore................................
Has someone stated the same problem ?

Some what similar thing happened to my pokemon x. Powersaves still detects it but only lets me restore a save but wont let me apply any codes just throws out a webserver error each time. The 3ds doesn't detect the cartridge at all either

Reactions: sirilo

sirilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some what similar thing happened to my pokemon x. Powersaves still detects it but only lets me restore a save but wont let me apply any codes just throws out a webserver error each time. The 3ds doesn't detect the cartridge at all either

Powersaves doesn't even let me restore saves, it just shows a blank error:
k6TvLFl.png

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if we can read pkx files from powersaves ?
Thanks
You can dump pkx files using Powersaves backups. You have several options to do it. I personally prefer PKHeX, but KeySav can also be used to dump all of the files located in a box en masse.

With that being said, guruswamp is correct. You cannot take dumped pkx files and inject them into your save file currently due to the inability to correctly re-sign the save.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think, we can ever sign a save and send it back to game?

If somebody ever successfully retrieves the bootROM and sees how the 3DS tells the system how to generate the AES MAC and then releases it, then anybody could do it with software. While that sounds simple on paper, it is actually a very big undertaking that requires specialized equipment to do properly. There is a blog of somebody who seems to be seriously undertaking this process and has taken the first steps starting chip decapping. (http://gaasedelen.blogspot.com) However, there is still a long way to go and there have been no new updates since late March.

The second route would be if there are any vulnerabilities that can be exploited that have been found by those who have dumped the RAM of the game such as Bond697. He has stopped by a few times and provided updates and there seems to be some good things on that horizon, but even he has cautioned that there is no timeline on any rollout.

Lastly, if both of the above methods fail, there is always the way that Datel is most likely doing it. This is done (most likely) by using a hardware modded 3DS and custom made software that actually is highjacking the portion of the system that signs the saves. You can picture it by using the philosophy of, "If I can't crack Nintendo's signature system, then I will just use it to do my dirty work." However, this would be limited only to a smaller group of players who has the technical knowhow to mod the system and the software engineering knowhow to create the programming necessary to force the system to do it. It has been done (most likely) by Datel who obviously isn't going to give away it's money making secrets.

Long story short, just like anything, there will probably be a way to do it in the future. The system is designed by humans after all and there are always going to be imperfections in the security of the system that can be exploited (like the firmware 4.x exploit for flashcarts.) With that being said, Nintendo has drastically stepped up it's game compared to previous systems and is making it so that it's not a walk in the park to get at. It is a strategy employed by countless entities in the past. Design a system eliminating the most conventional attack routes. This will discourage a group of potential pirates (because this is the main reason why security has been upped) since it isn't simple to crack. Then you make further improvements that will cost those who are still interested in cracking it (more well funded pirate groups, enthusiastic player communities such as the one that exist for Pokemon, programmers who like a challenge, etc) lots of time and treasure to do it. The hope would be that you delay it to the point that by the time they fully crack the system, you are already about to roll out your next gen system which then renders your loses to pirating much lower than past generations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1