New powersaves 3ds thread

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by julialy, Apr 15, 2014.

1. julialy
    OP

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States

2. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    Codes I would like to see in XY. It would save the user from a long process of applying a code, switch a item, save and repeat step one. Also it saves the device from getting damaged further.
    All berries in one code.
    All bag items in one code.

Alex Finlay and Lord_Rayquaza_74 like this.
  3. Lord_Rayquaza_74

Lord_Rayquaza_74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2014
    Canada
    Calgary, Alberta
    And maybe a code for changing ivs, evs natures and abilities.

4. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    So how come earlier 3DS games can allow gamesave exchanging but newer ones can't. Is it a more updated encryption in place in the saves or simply due to Card2 games only?

5. thagrouch

thagrouch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2014
    United States
    Austin TX
    an IV selection much like form selection would be nice.

but after attempting to give an example of what i was imagining how it would work i realized the complexity of it. still a cool option. because i would agree we dont need them to be perefect but to select the areas you want the perfect value to be in.

6. Lord_Rayquaza_74

Lord_Rayquaza_74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2014
    Canada
    Calgary, Alberta
    I know this might seem like a stupid question but what is the difference between Powersaves and Powersavers Pro?

7. thagrouch

thagrouch Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2014
    United States
    Austin TX

its been said many times before in the old thread, nothing was different and that even datel said there was nothing different but a new box.

8. Shadowstorm

Shadowstorm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    United States
    There is no difference. Datel from what I heard even confirmed this. The Pro edition just mentions pokemon on the packaging.

9. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    anyone know a online store in Canada that takes interac? i want to buy one but i dont know anyone that i am very close to that would let me buy it with there CC, i and i don't want to do that ether.

10. Lord_Rayquaza_74

Lord_Rayquaza_74 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2014
    Canada
    Calgary, Alberta
    Oh wow. That's so stupid though. I think the pro is more expensive so you basicly have to pay extra for a different box. Which you're most likely going to throw away after you get it....

11. spoonman54321

spoonman54321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2013
    United States
    good to have a thread to track stuff as it comes out, but I think the OP should probably contain some of the basic extremely frequently asked questions. i'm sure you know which ones i'm talking about. "pro" version, diancie/eternal flower/lati stones, hoopa/volcanion, current codes that are of use, how to get unreleased HAs, and why it's currently useless to try to "hack" powersaves itself.

just a few thoughts.

Vengenceonu and thagrouch like this.
  12. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm writing up an FAQ as we speak, give me about 5-10 mins and I'll PM to TC to edit the first post to add them.

13. luney

luney GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    I second the need for the all berries code. Such a pain to try to add them all manually. An all TM code would be nice as well.

edit:I mean an all berries in one single code. I don't know why datel didn't do this to begin with. That has always been a common code. I don't need an all hm/tm code, just the TM's.

14. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Its a pain to add all manually but they are all there. All TMs and HMS is already available, I wouldn't recommend using it though. Its been reported issues for some.

15. IdahoNate153

IdahoNate153 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    United States
    They're exactly the same thing, the "Pro" version is meant for retail purposes, and is what I own, I DON'T get any different codes than what everyone else does.

16. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    This thread needs to branch out more then Pokemon. Powersaves supports other fun games too you know.

Parasite X and SignZ like this.
  17. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Read the topic title, it doesn't specify to Pokemon. It just happens to be the most common used game for the product.

18. IdahoNate153

IdahoNate153 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    United States
    Is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, card2 like Pokemon X/Y, or could we trade save files or maybe even create a town editor?

19. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    We are restricted to just what Datel gives us, some games allow save sharing and some dont.

Since the TC isnt gonna put up the FAQ I'll just post it in another topic, excuse me for a sec.

20. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    I know what that title says which is why I brought it up. Just making others know that this isn't strictly pokemon anymore. The last one was strictly pokemon and we all saw how fast that went to shit, most of it was useless after page 50. Just repeated arguing and re-stating old facts to new people. By making this "new" powersaves thread open to all games that powersaves supports, we get fresher topics and new things to talk about instead of going in circles. This way we get a myriad of different people who've never clicked the old thread because they didn't care about pokemon even though they had a powersave. It also could be a powersave Faqs and guide thread.

gamefan5 likes this.