Gaming NEW POKEMON IN THE MAKING

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Chrono_Tata said:
Hmm. Seems pretty unusual that they are introducing a new generation of Pokemon when the next-gen Nintendo handheld isn't out yet. Since the first game there's always been one pokemon generation for each generation console.

Eh, Silver and Gold were fully playable on the old Gameboy, the same one that played RBY(G).

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
The Shadow Knight said:
Chrono_Tata said:
Hmm. Seems pretty unusual that they are introducing a new generation of Pokemon when the next-gen Nintendo handheld isn't out yet. Since the first game there's always been one pokemon generation for each generation console.

Eh, Silver and Gold were fully playable on the old Gameboy, the same one that played RBY(G).

from what I remembered if you put crystal in an old gameboy it just came up with some weird writing and froze

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Supersonicmonk said:
The Shadow Knight said:
Chrono_Tata said:

from what I remembered if you put crystal in an old gameboy it just came up with some weird writing and froze

Crystal is GBC only, yes. Silver and Gold can also be run on the normal GB.

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Free Flying is a good idea, we should be able to get on our Poke and fly anywhere to any spot, AND we SHOULD be able to see the hero and the pokemon while flying!! Not that fail blue bird that comes from top, hero jumps and flys away...

But seriously I'm tired of Pokemon, unless they add a real STORY I won't bother with the new titles, they need some Innovation in the Storyline, think for a second with an open mind, does the story ever change?? You are a 10 year old or so kid who moves in, or living in a tiny town, with your Rivals house and Poke Lab, where one day the professor asks for you to take a Pokedex and Pokemon (Sapphire/Ruby - Save prof from wild poke by throwing out one of his Pokemons, which after battle becomes yours...meh) of choice to fill the Pokedex, Get 8 Badges, Beat the Elite Four, Go to new places that Unlock and finally catch Legendary Pokemons...gah...what a fail idea for a Story.
I love Pokemon the way it is now. You see people complaining about Pokemon being boring, repetitive, etc, yet they always go back to playing it.

As for story, there is, but not really important to the game. I do like to pay attention to it though, as it seems pretty interesting. As for free-fly... I think that would destroy the purpose of travel in the game, in which everything would be made a lot easier. Also, I can't imagine seeing Pokemon running around in 3D attacking each other randomly. That would be madness, as it wouldn't be called Pokemon anymore.

All I hope is the 5th Gen's Pokemon are more creative than 4th Gen.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ZetraEX said:
You see people complaining about Pokemon being boring, repetitive, etc, yet they always go back to playing it.

lol, so true. There are always complainers at the time every new generation is announced, however the vast majority of them inevitably always seem to go out and buy the new game whatever they may've said before about "oh, I'll only buy into this gen if they implement ".
rolleyes.gif

While I agree that the game should be spiced up a bit, I'm also perfectly happy with Pokemon as it is. My main hope is that the new Pokemon themselves will be more creative than some of the Gen III and IV specimens where. There also shouldn't be quite as many new legendaries as D/P/Pt had. There are a couple minor things I would like to see Gamefreak implement to these new games, along with whatever new features they're planning:

1. The National Dex has started to become a bit ungainly, with so many evolutions and pre-evolutions all over the place. The point of a Pokedex is to organize Pokemon, so why not actually re-organize the list so it makes sense? What I'm proposing isn't a drastic change, only that evolved and pre-evolved forms of Pokemon that came out after the original specimen be moved back in the Pokedex. For instance, Pichu should take Pikachu's place as #25. Then Cleffa would become #36, Igglybufff #41, and so on. This could also involve taking every Legendary from all generations and moving them to the back, all grouped together.

2. More to do at the Pokemon League, even after you defeat it. I mean, why does the old Champion keep on showing up again when you go back to fight the Elite 4 again? Aren't you the Champion now, and couldn't the old one have only recoved his or her place by challenging and defeating you? What should happen after you become the Champion, is that intermittently you should get a message (either from a cell phone, or whatever type of communication device is standard in the game) that your rank as Champion is being challenged. This can be, most often, any one of the many random trainers that you battled on your journey through the region... less often, your rival, and least often the previous Champion trying to regain his or her ranking. If you win, you maintain your status as Champion. If you lose, you have to go back and fight the Elite 4 and new Champion again to regain your place.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The Shadow Knight said:
Chrono_Tata said:

Yeah, but it was created for the Game Boy Color which is pretty much the second generation of the Game Boy. That's what I meant by there being one Pokemon generation for each generation console.

Also I don't really think the DSi is a new generation console. Oh well, Nintendo can do what they want.

gordunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...things I'd like to see in 5th Gen

-8 Directional Movement. It's the year 2010 FFS, and your game doesn't have 8-directional movement
-Pokemon fusion system...this would COMPLETELY change the strategy involved in Pokemon...it would be a great way to start off a new gen
-Ability to get all 40 Badges...yes that's right, I'm talking about Kanto+Johto+Hoenn+Sinoh+Newzone...that would be EPIC. Talk about content
-A legit storyline...considering the way that Pokemon is structured I DOUBT that this would happen, so w/e
-3d rendering for combat. Spectrobes did it, why not you. In fact, the entire series could benefit from more 3d rendering
-More choices for starters...We've had the whole Fire/Grass/Water choice forever, try adding some more types, like maybe Psychic.
-Easier ways to level pokemon. It took me FOREVER to level to beat Red in HG/SS(WTF lvl 88 Pikachu) so I eventually just used AR so I could f-ing BEAT him. Give us a way to level our pokemon to 100 easier, seriously.
-More choices on a starting trainer...a little character customization wouldn't kill ya, would it?
-Simplify the HM's...the HM has gotten OUT OF CONTROL, there are WAY TOO MANY. Simplify it a bit, no one wants to carry that many pokemon for HM's. It's stupid
-Co-op storyline option. This would be SO COOL, a way to do the storyline in co-op, constantly doing team battles.

This is all I could think of...but there are probably more cool ideas that could be implemented.

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gordunk said:

-8 Directional Movement. It's the year 2010 FFS, and your game doesn't have 8-directional movement
-Pokemon fusion system...this would COMPLETELY change the strategy involved in Pokemon...it would be a great way to start off a new gen
-Ability to get all 40 Badges...yes that's right, I'm talking about Kanto+Johto+Hoenn+Sinoh+Newzone...that would be EPIC. Talk about content
-A legit storyline...considering the way that Pokemon is structured I DOUBT that this would happen, so w/e
-3d rendering for combat. Spectrobes did it, why not you. In fact, the entire series could benefit from more 3d rendering
-More choices for starters...We've had the whole Fire/Grass/Water choice forever, try adding some more types, like maybe Psychic.
-Easier ways to level pokemon. It took me FOREVER to level to beat Red in HG/SS(WTF lvl 88 Pikachu) so I eventually just used AR so I could f-ing BEAT him. Give us a way to level our pokemon to 100 easier, seriously.
-More choices on a starting trainer...a little character customization wouldn't kill ya, would it?
-Simplify the HM's...the HM has gotten OUT OF CONTROL, there are WAY TOO MANY. Simplify it a bit, no one wants to carry that many pokemon for HM's. It's stupid
-Co-op storyline option. This would be SO COOL, a way to do the storyline in co-op, constantly doing team battles.

This is all I could think of...but there are probably more cool ideas that could be implemented.

doesnt look like the good old pokemon you know

and they already made a way to levelup easier the pokewalker and red isnt too hard

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are asking for way too much in this new game. Honestly, if they based it off everything here, odds are we'd all hate it. The fact is that Pokemon is meat to be presented with 0% storyline and a lot of simplicity. I mean really, has Pokemon EVER had a good storyline? That includes video games, movies, anime, whatever. And a new battle system? Yeah, Pokemon has been using a near dead identical battle system since Red and Blue, but I like it. People criticize it for being "the same thing" while most RPG franchises use a similar battle system for a few games. How long did Final Fantasy use the ATB system? How badly beat into the ground is the Megaman Battle Network system? Personally, I'm expecting this to do what most Pokemon RPGs have done: take the same gameplay formula and mix up the factors by adding new Pokemon, new types, and maybe another big change (like the Special split, the Physical/Special categorization, etc). Expecting an in-depth story and a bunch of fancy graphics and some new battle system is basically just saying you want a different RPG with Pokemon branded on it, and all of this would be uncharacteristic of Pokemon RPGs.

And seriously, who said it should be in space? Everybody knows that bringing ANYTHING into space is an awful move. Have you see Jason X? Sheesh.

I just want cookie cutter Pokemon play. I'm not bored of the formula yet.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
QUOTE said:
, try adding some more types, like maybe Psychic.

I don't know that much about the game but I'm pretty sure there is already "psychic" type pokemon/moves.

He meant as a starter, which would be totally broken if they indeed added a psychic as a starter.

Empoleom said:
i hope this pokemon game have 2 regions, fast battles, starters from older versions obtainable, legend form older versions obtainable and focusing on dsi
gbasp.gif
No. Go away. Nobody cares about a useless pixelated camera junk. It's not really a new generation console. A re-vamped update? Sure. But not enough to merit a franchise's full attention. It's like the GBA SP/Micro was to the GBA: a mere redesign/update.

QUOTE(dudeonline @ Jan 29 2010, 07:36 PM)
Okay, ill just post what I did on the other thread..

This, I will not be picking up unless they:

1. add other story elements to it other than gyms and whatever fucking gang is wanting to take over the world/the power of whatever fucking legendary stars in the game.

2. Add some fucking scenery to the battles other than a blur in the background and a patch of ground that vaguely resembles whatever terrain you might be in.

3. Radius based battle triggers instead of line of sight.

4. no more fucking friend codes, or if they are included, make it to where I can, at the very least, battle random people online.

5. I really could care less about 3D models, but at least animate the sprites a bit more. 3-4 frames of animation is pretty shitty these days.

6. no more new Pokemon...please
I am 110% with you. 600+ pokemon? Meh ._.

I'd also love to see some sort of character creation/customization, as well as a re-vamped battle system if they don't include more animations or 3D models. 3D models is a very and I mean very long shot; models for 600+ pokemon and their various animations seems highly unlikely

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dan80315 said:
Empoleom said:
i hope this pokemon game have 2 regions, fast battles, starters from older versions obtainable, legend form older versions obtainable and focusing on dsi
gbasp.gif
No. Go away. Nobody cares about a useless pixelated camera junk. It's not really a new generation console. A re-vamped update? Sure. But not enough to merit a franchise's full attention. It's like the GBA SP/Micro was to the GBA: a mere redesign/update.
its not just the camera the dsi can acess wpa internet but ds games not that cannot play over wi-fi, i want the new pokemon game could acess wpa connection from dsi

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure integrating WPA won't affect them at all. You can use a DSi with a WPA connection with Platinum, can't you? It's just a different wireless network security protocol.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
I just want a more powerful legendary pokemon then Arceus.

No. Arceus is already pretty powerful. There's something called "balance". Games should have it. Having 120 base stats for everything is ridiculous. Constantly asking for "I WANT A MORE POWERFUL POKEMON!" will just lead to inflation of levels and such and render the original, older Pokemon useless and underpowered.

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Private|Parts said:
I'm pretty sure integrating WPA won't affect them at all. You can use a DSi with a WPA connection with Platinum, can't you? It's just a different wireless network security protocol.
no i cant i think it doesnt recognize the connection 4,5 and 6

Krisboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
QUOTE said:
You guys are asking for way too much in this new game. Honestly, if they based it off everything here, odds are we'd all hate it. The fact is that Pokemon is meat to be presented with 0% storyline and a lot of simplicity. I mean really, has Pokemon EVER had a good storyline? That includes video games, movies, anime, whatever. And a new battle system? Yeah, Pokemon has been using a near dead identical battle system since Red and Blue, but I like it. People criticize it for being "the same thing" while most RPG franchises use a similar battle system for a few games. How long did Final Fantasy use the ATB system? How badly beat into the ground is the Megaman Battle Network system? Personally, I'm expecting this to do what most Pokemon RPGs have done: take the same gameplay formula and mix up the factors by adding new Pokemon, new types, and maybe another big change (like the Special split, the Physical/Special categorization, etc). Expecting an in-depth story and a bunch of fancy graphics and some new battle system is basically just saying you want a different RPG with Pokemon branded on it, and all of this would be uncharacteristic of Pokemon RPGs.

And seriously, who said it should be in space? Everybody knows that bringing ANYTHING into space is an awful move. Have you see Jason X? Sheesh.

I just want cookie cutter Pokemon play. I'm not bored of the formula yet.

I 100% agree with you. Yeah, people here will complain as hell, but when the game comes out, they'll love it, and they'll be fans of the game and such. You can't change the formula of Pokemon. That's what it makes Pokemon, The TBRPG, with monster rising, collecting theme, bad storyline ( it matters in this game?). I'm glad they are releasing a new pokemon game now, 4 years since diamond and pearl ( not counting the crap of platinum) it's a good time.

gordunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empoleom said:
gordunk said:

doesnt look like the good old pokemon you know

and they already made a way to levelup easier the pokewalker and red isnt too hard

Meh...I don't want some gimmicky pedometer, I want Nintendo to do something called INNOVATION. You know, the thing that has been largely absent from the series since it first came out? All they've done is add MORE. More Pokemon, more Legendary Pokemon, More HM's, New regions, etc. I can probably count on my right hand all the innovation that has gone into this series.

1.Dual/Type Pokemon
2.Team Battles(2v2)
3.Wifi
4.Running shoes(and even that's a stretch)
5. Yeah...couldn't think of one, and I've played every Main series Pokemon game)

All I'm saying, is that it wouldn't hurt Nintendo to stray out of their comfort zone once in a while and try something new. I know that Zelda hasn't changed since Ocarina, That Mario hasn't changed since 64, and I could probably go on but don't need to. The less Nintendo is willing to try doing something new and different, the less I am willing to respect them as a company. Simple as that(I'm looking at you too, Valve)

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got it!!!!!!!!!!!! they should make a game that u follow ash's adventure. like u get pikachu and u go from kanto to oran then to johto and then to hoenn and so on and so forth but like u actually steal mistys bike and she actually follows you along with brock hee hee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over