New Pokémon B/W Battle video

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So people complain Pokemon is nothing but "more of the same" and doesn't change much. Once they incorporate something new, people complain. Oh dear me...

It's better than going all 3-D battles. I don't know why people want those, they'd just mean slow ass battles.

Animations aren't the best but aren't too bad. It's only a change in the looks, it'll still play like the same ol' Pokemon.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
jgu1994 said:
Looks shitty tbh. The sprites just look like they're a wireframe and each part is moving as opposed to real fully animated sprites that are done frame by frame. They just look like ragdolls in terms of movement. While animating every pokemon frame by frame would obviously be time consuming, this really just doesn't look good.
Yeah, I thought exactly that. I think I'd rather have it how it was before than like this...especially if they don't work on it at all closer to release.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people are going "LOL, there no real changes at all!" but keep in mind that we still have until the fall release to get more information. So far there already are a few notable changes:

-Isshu takes place FAR away from the past four regions
-Hiun City is the first city-area designed to look like a true metropolis
-The main characters are stated to be older than past protags (old enough to be considered worth mentioning, mind you)
-Gamefreak is taking advantage of Gen IV's 2.5d by making by having areas like Hiun specifically designed to follow new perspective points
-The battle system is not only more visually dynamic, but seems to be noticeably faster than Gen IV's (A lot of people complained about Gen IV's battles being too slow)

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I wonder why are people quite negative about this.. Well its their opinion.

But seriously, looks so COOOOL! Tho they could polish the sprites a bit but still
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theraima said:
I wonder why are people quite negative about this.. Well its their opinion.

But seriously, looks so COOOOL! Tho they could polish the sprites a bit but still
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
People have been negative about Pokémon since Generation 3. The games had less and less replay value since G/S.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to think that any change that Game Freak is making to this game is purely cosmetic.

Which isn't really that bad, but still.

I don't mind the animations, really. I'm more curious as to why they're bringing back the legendary Dogs. Are they gonna play a big role in this game or something?

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's partially sort of a sideplot in reference to the movie, partially because of the release of HG/SS.

Transferring any of the event legendary dogs to Black/White will allow you to face Zoroark who takes the form of whichever one you transferred over.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I for one could care less about the game world, although its looking good and I'm pleased about what i'm seeing so far. I'm only in for it for competitive battling, so I'm wondering if they'll keep the core mechanics the same as gen IV or any changes to it. New pokemon, moves, items, abilities is what making me look forward to this game. ;]

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Offtopic: I can't wait for troll hunting season =D

Ontopic: I don't care how the battles are they are just getting better and better, I wonder if they have their kind of own minigame like the pokethlon, and I noticed the game doesn't have the pokemons following you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them