New Pokémon B/W Battle video

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks shitty tbh. The sprites just look like they're a wireframe and each part is moving as opposed to real fully animated sprites that are done frame by frame. They just look like ragdolls in terms of movement. While animating every pokemon frame by frame would obviously be time consuming, this really just doesn't look good.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jgu1994 said:
Looks shitty tbh. The sprites just look like they're a wireframe and each part is moving as opposed to real fully animated sprites that are done frame by frame. They just look like ragdolls in terms of movement. While animating every pokemon frame by frame would obviously be time consuming, this really just doesn't look good.
Hell, at least they're not static now.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm digging the moving sprites, even though they look a bit like ragdolls now it is cooler than having just static sprites. GO TEAM POKEMON (or whatever the fuck they're called)!

wub.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
GameSoul said:
lol, what do they look like when they run away. also i agree the animations arent very good
What about when they faint?
Yeah the animation's a little jerky, but it's a start.

"A start" on animated battles in 2010? We're not talking about the SNES, here. While this is a slight (and I do mean slight) improvement on what we've got (and I imagine the DS isn't capable of very much more, given how large a game Pokemon already is), it's still a long ways from wowing me, personally. I still maintain B&W should've been 3DS games. Enough of the DS, already.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jgu1994 said:

Haha, someone doesn't know what a wireframe is.

That said, this is Pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf