New PlayStation Plus and Games with Gold games announced for August

AugGwG_16x9_HERO.jpg

With another new month, comes another round of titles included with your console's online subscription. Starting with Xbox Live's Games with Gold program, you get the standard arrangement of four games; two current-gen titles, and two classic titles from the Xbox 360 or original Xbox era. For the current-gen titles, Darksiders III is available from August 1 to August 31, while Yooka-Laylee is available from Aguust 16 to September 15. For the classic titles, we've got Lost Planet 3 available from August 1 to August 15, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves from August 16 to August 31.

For PlayStation Plus' offerings, we've got three games available starting on August 3. Hunter's Arena: Legends, covered during this month's State of Play livestream, is a Battle Royale game with PvE and PvP elements, and is available for both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. The other two games only have PS4 versions, but are still playable on PS5 via backwards compatibility: Tennis World Tour 2, and Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville.

:arrow: Source (Games with Gold)
:arrow: Source (PlayStation Plus)

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Utter dogshit for PS again.
If I didn't already own Garou on at least half a dozen systems I'd be jealous of games for gold recipients... getting a 20 year old game for free that's still worth 10 bucks apparently.

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: CrossOut

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both are disappointing.

Why the hell couldn't they at least give the PS5 version of Tennis World Tour 2?

Edit: Btw, Epic has Mothergunship free right now which is better than all of these (except MOTW)

Last edited by subcon959,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lame for my PS5 after all the headache of getting one .. i still like my gaming PC more ....Yooka Laylee was a decent game but thats the 3D one the 2D game was much better .. stuff it i have had that game for ages .......im going back to VR gaming for now

Reactions: CrossOut

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Games "for" Gold? I'm not quite sure, but looking at the thumbnail there might be a mistake in that.

Or MS now offers actual goldbars as a payment method.

Reactions: relauby

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought PVZ BFNV and it's not that great.... seems like it was a rushed game IMO it does have 4 very big map's to play with friends and stuff also a PVP lobby when you start up the game.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Pants vs Zombies is a nice addition to PSPlus, been a few months now since I bothered with a PSPlus download, but I'll definitely be getting this game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like darksiders and yooka-laylee, quite good games. I don't know if I've played darksiders 3 (think I might have it for the ps4, but I've pirated about 80 games on that system, and haven't played any of them). I have darksiders 1 and 2 as well as yooka laylee for the switch though, that I'm sure of. ;)

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly Sony is hurting themselves with this free low-balling games. Its making the Xbox game pass look way more better

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I've never paid much thought to these at all.
I have an Xbox, so I have Game Pass, which is the real meat of that subscription - these are basically akin to freebies, and I've gotten some decent mileage out of that Midway collection from last month... but for the most part I basically just claim the games and never touch them.

Now PlayStation on the other hand? Not sure what the hell they're up to. You'd think without a Game Pass to prioritize, they could get some decent games, but a lot of their offerings have been pretty lackluster, especially if you haven't gotten ahold of a PS5 yet.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'd think without a Game Pass to prioritize, they could get some decent games
Fun fact: Sony has PS Now, which is in fact a similar service to Game Pass in that it allows you to download (or stream) from a large selection of games. There is however a pretty big difference between the two of them.. Game Pass has about 200 games to choose from at any given time, whereas PS Now has over 800 games. Microsoft has marketed the crap out of Game Pass so most people think it's a major plus for Xbox even though it really isn't.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Fun fact: Sony has PS Now, which is in fact a similar service to Game Pass in that it allows you to download (or stream) from a large selection of games. There is however a pretty big difference between the two of them.. Game Pass has about 200 games to choose from at any given time, whereas PS Now has over 800 games. Microsoft has marketed the crap out of Game Pass so most people think it's a major plus for Xbox even though it really isn't.

You get first party games on release day with Game Pass, that's honestly a pretty compelling option. Personally I don't have time to play the 200 or so games on Game Pass, never mind the 800 in PS Now.

It is however great I can play Age of Empires 4, Halo Infinite and Froza 5 on release day, without spending £50 on each game.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS Now is also largely cloud-based, with PS3 games requiring it, which definitely dampers it a good bit, I'd say...
You have a good point re: marketing, though. That said, I'd take that as more of a "Sony should really get better at actually marketing PS Now as a Game Pass competitor" than a "Sony better Xbox stinks" because I had no clue it had more than like 100 games.
(Definitely wondering just how many of those are cloud-only PS3 games or cheap shovelware, though)

Last edited by CeeDee,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS Now is also largely cloud-based, with PS3 games requiring it, which definitely dampers it a good bit, I'd say...
You have a good point re: marketing, though. That said, I'd take that as more of a "Sony should really get better at actually marketing PS Now as a Game Pass competitor" than a "Sony better Xbox stinks" because I had no clue it had more than like 100 games.
(Definitely wondering just how many of those are cloud-only PS3 games or cheap shovelware, though)
I think the actual number downloadable on PS5 is closer to 300 so yeah the 800 number isn't a fair comparison really, but it's still a decent amount more than Game Pass. The streaming is actually quite good too, I played Spider-Man on PC and it ran great.

I do have Game Pass also, and it's good for certain new releases like Flight Simulator, Forza and Halo. I just don't think it's as one-sided as most people make out when it comes to the services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over