1. 3,248

Front-page
    Persona-5-Strikers.jpg
    We're just over a month away from the release date of Persona 5 Strikers in the west. Arriving on PlayStation 4, Steam, and Nintendo Switch, the game takes the cast of popular JRPG and puts them in the hack-and-slash genre that Koei Tecmo's Warriors series is known for. In the latest trailer for the game, SEGA shows off the game's English voice acting, while giving a glimpse at gameplay and story elements.

2. Discussion (16 replies)

3. lemonmaster

lemonmaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Never played a Persona game. This looks really exciting though, hack-and-slash is a genre I've been wanting to get into (I held off Hyrule Warriors until I beat BOTW one day).

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

Japan
    I've been waiting for this!

DS1, Heichart, Scott_pilgrim and 3 others like this.
  5. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well I'm confused because they did have Persona 1-3 for PSP now idk if that was the spin-off version from the PS2 or a port. I think you have to play them in order but idk maybe someone can specify

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Other than some cross-over non-canon games the five Persona titles have completely separate stories. It doesn't matter which one you start with, the only two games that somewhat connect are Persona 1 and Persona 2 (which takes place 3 years after the events of the first Persona), the other three take place in their own unique universes.

Scott_pilgrim and Goku1992A like this.
  7. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    I wasn’t a fan of P5, but I’m seriously in the mood for some Warriors gameplay.

...I would have played Age of Calamity, but I prefer my games above 15fps...

8. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Age of Calamity was a huge let down for me, and this is coming from someone who put an embarrassing amount of time in Hyrule Warriors. I hope it runs better than Age of Calamity.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I just preordered this game on the eshop. unfortunately, you have to use paypal only when preordering from there. February is going to be a heavy month with this, 3d world, and bravely default 2.

10. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    i got AOC instaed of HY:DE from ebay let me tell ya i kinda like it. but it feels meh to me.

can't wait for persona 5 Strikers to show up. going pre-order it on PSN next month.

11. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Looks fine I guess, just like any other Warriors game. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's $20 or less.

eyeliner and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  12. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Burn!

13. IceyyColdSnipez

IceyyColdSnipez GBAtemp's Certified Meta Runner™
    Banned

Netherlands
    I maybe try this

14. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I'd get this if it wasn't a Musou game, that's right, I said it. What's wrong, Atlus, afraid to port a proper Persona game to Switch?

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I liked hyrule warriors. Bought it for both wii u and switch. I also bought calamity, but I haven't played it yet. I also liked the early persona games,but I haven't really played 3, 4, or 5, so I have this preordered.

16. ZeroFX
    This message by ZeroFX has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 27, 2021.
    Jan 16, 2021
  17. Legendaykai
    This message by Legendaykai has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 27, 2021.
    Jan 18, 2021
  18. emigre

emigre i am a free i am not man a number

United Kingdom
    Already preordered the PC version. Not a fan of Warrior gameplay but am a massive slut for Megaten and Persona.

19. ZeroFX
    This message by ZeroFX has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 27, 2021.
    Jan 18, 2021
  20. VartioArtel

VartioArtel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Days late to reply to this, and to state this is very wrong. Persona 3/4/5 all occur in the same universe as Persona 1/2/2.2 . Persona 1/2/2.2 (and "if...") characters, while they don't show up often, do appear in 3/4/5 via references and TV interviews.

The group of the female leader of SEES in Persona 3 is part of a family related to the rich guy from Persona 1's player characters, for example. (I'm going off the top of my head so you'll need to forgive a lack of names and stuff, I should be making enough reference to clarify).

Persona 4 visits the school from Persona 3, which links it automatically to 1-3, and I believe has a different interview.

And Persona 5 also directly references the Detective Prince of Persona 4.

The proper way to put it is that they're "stand-alone" rather than separate stories. Each one occurs in such a way the events can be treated as isolated, or the aftereffects are handled in a way most people consider it a delusion or some sort of terrorist attack or prank. 3 is more or less isolated to a school, 4 occurs within a small side town and the cops can't even figure wtf happened, 5 is wrapped up due to political maneuvering and again because the idea of the metaverse is absurd to normal people.

21. Legendaykai
    This message by Legendaykai has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 27, 2021.
    Jan 22, 2021
  22. ZeroFX
    Jan 23, 2021
  23. Legendaykai
    Jan 25, 2021
  24. ZeroFX
    Jan 25, 2021
  25. banjo2
    This message by banjo2 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 27, 2021.
    Jan 25, 2021
  26. Legendaykai
    Jan 25, 2021
  27. ZeroFX
    Jan 25, 2021
  28. Legendaykai
    Jan 25, 2021
  29. ZeroFX
    Jan 25, 2021
  30. Legendaykai
    Jan 27, 2021
  31. nekojosh

nekojosh GBAtemp Regular

Panama
    And a new trailer just came out today:

banjo2, Scott_pilgrim and ZeroFX like this.
  32. ZeroFX
    Jan 27, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Strikers, gameplay, Persona