New Nintendo President Appointed

Nintendo_TatsumiKimishima.jpg

A replacement for the late Satoru Iwata has been named by Nintendo. His replacement will be former head of human resources 65 year old Tatsumi Kimishima, who also held the title of former head of North American Operations. His other roles in the company include former Pokemon Company Chief Financial Officer and former president of Pokemon USA. Kimishima has also been credited in several Nintendo games including several Mario Party titles, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Metroid Prime.

:arrow: Tatsumi Kimishima Wikipedia Profile

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given his age, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't just an interim appointment, even if not announced as such, to keep the company on track (such that it is) while they continue to search for a new long term president. In any event, good luck to him and the company.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genyo Takeda is now Technology Fellow

Oh no. So the guy that doesn't want technological advancement added to hardware is now behind the Technology department? There goes Nintendo's chance of competing.

Nintendo seriously needs youth who understand the video game industry and the technology and social mechanics behind it.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why couldn't they have picked a younger and actual video game dev? I feel like this has just spelled out Nintedoom
Actually, This guy + Takeda as Technology head spells Nintendoom. Takeda was against adding technological advancements to the Wii, and I'm assuming the Wii U.

Agreed that Nintendo needs to hire youth from the technology generation.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why couldn't they have picked a younger and actual video game dev? I feel like this has just spelled out Nintedoom

Leaders are not born. This man has work is way to the top, as all good leaders do. Putting someone in the leadership stop cause they are young and know about whats hip. doesn't in most cases make a good leader.

Reactions: Deleted User

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Given his age, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't just an interim appointment, even if not announced as such, to keep the company on track (such that it is) while they continue to search for a new long term president. In any event, good luck to him and the company.
It is an interim appointment.
Kimishima gave an interview to Nikkei where he said that his nomination was provisional and limited to one year.
He wasn't the favorite to be Iwata's successor. Nintendo's board of directors wanted a younger, closer to creation man.
The other contenders were too inexperimented, so they nominated Kimishima to let them more time.
Source: http://www.nikkei.com/markets/kigyo/management.aspx?g=DGXLASDZ14IEU_14092015EA2000

PS: Updating the news would be great.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
He was in charge of Nintendo NA Operations back when Nintendo knew what their USA And Canadian fans wanted.
I don't know why everyone is so upset, yes there are other countries in the world but outside of Japan Nintendo has had a weak game....Europeans could still enjoy club Nintendo for some time so the USA needs some real attention. Bring back every parent calling every Nintendo product a Nintendo so we can have a golden age of gaming repeat with this man at the helm. God speed

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Leaders are not born. This man has work is way to the top, as all good leaders do. Putting someone in the leadership stop cause they are young and know about whats hip. doesn't in most cases make a good leader.
Indeed youth doesn't make a better leader, but right now he's basically on the edge of retiring. Someone in their late 40's, maybe 50's would at least get more time out of them. Not to mention he isn't a video game developer and wasn't one either, which should be considered when looking into someone who is about to run one of the most well know companies in the gaming industry.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed youth doesn't make a better leader, but right now he's basically on the edge of retiring. Someone in their late 40's, maybe 50's would at least get more time out of them. Not to mention he isn't a video game developer and wasn't one either, which should be considered when looking into someone who is about to run one of the most well know companies in the gaming industry.

this is japan where talking about... 65?....his in his prime.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is an interim appointment.
Kimishima gave an interview to Nikkei where he said that his nomination was provisional and limited to one year.
He wasn't the favorite to be Iwata's successor. Nintendo's board of directors wanted a younger, closer to creation man.
The other contenders were too inexperimented, so they nominated Kimishima to let them more time.
Source: http://www.nikkei.com/markets/kigyo/management.aspx?g=DGXLASDZ14IEU_14092015EA2000

PS: Updating the news would be great.
@p1ngpong get on it :P

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, This guy + Takeda as Technology head spells Nintendoom. Takeda was against adding technological advancements to the Wii, and I'm assuming the Wii U.

Agreed that Nintendo needs to hire youth from the technology generation.
Takeda wasn't exactly wrong to make the Wii less powerful, though.

Reactions: Monado_III

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked