New Nintendo President Appointed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by p1ngpong, Sep 14, 2015.

1. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I think this is better than a totally new guy and he would do well with the company. No matter how short that may be. Besides, maybe he will surprise and do another 30 years.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    His face isn't as likeable as Iwata's, but he does have past experience, having been president at NoA, so I suppose he is the best man for the job.
    It remains to be seen how this will affect Nintendo.

Better to have a grumpy looking president who is actually interested in games than another PR face like Reggie who doesn't care about games at all.

3. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Maybe he is a hipster old dude. We'll just see in the coming months and next year.
    I just hope this won't be another EA or Konami incident.

4. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Steena likes this.
  5. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

Apr 11, 2011
    United States
    Tazmily, USA
    I know I'm going to regret this post but here goes... I hear a fair amount of prejudice here... first off, not every Japanese person knows a Karate. Just like not every Englishman has bad teeth and not every American is fat and lazy.

Second point: all old people aren't out of touch; I'm 52 and I taught introduction to the Internet in 29 Schools before most of these readers were even born, heck I played on BBS systems before the net went public for crying out loud. I still play DS games... Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and Golden Sun are among my favs. even Pokemon sometimes... (rarely though)

Now I dropped out of the tech field more than 20 years ago (professionally and on a personal level) and still know VOIP/Chat etc, and while this guys been active all these years I'm pretty sure he knows it far better than I do.

Since 70% of all human communications (exact number is a bit larger) is NON Verbal (mostly visual) and this pic represents only ONE SECOND of time in his whole life, and while it was meant to be a professional representation, he MAY well normally sport a big-ole-toothy-grin in his daily routine. This is an assumption on my part but I do know a good deal about professional photographs having had to get more than a few for my longest career in the public eye.

Now I'll go ahead and make an assumption too; since this guy has worked so long for N and the P company this long, I'm sure this guy knows what we want, better than most of US do. Whether he gives it to the fans or not would depend on the percentage of his personality that is business vs that which is gamer and which he allows to express it'self most.
    Who knows, he may well be temporary for all we really know right now.

Either way, best of luck to him, we readers should be as lucky as him and still working at his age, or at least that mentally active I hope to G-d I still am. Granted, at this stage of life most of MY peers are dulling down (mentally) but that's largely because they choose not to use their brains in a challenging ways daily, as I have and I'm sure as this gentleman has.

My apologies for the wall-o-text but someone had to do it.

" We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcasting already in progress".......

6. EMP Knightmare

EMP Knightmare Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)

May 3, 2010
    United States
    New York
    I would have picked this guy
    [​IMG]

First off well stated, now being that I'm 35 (Other one of the older aged members) with all due respect sir you sound like you're venting/ranting and at your age you should know what they say about assuming . . . . . . just saiyan (no offense)

Last edited by EMP Knightmare, Sep 14, 2015
  7. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

Apr 11, 2011
    United States
    Tazmily, USA
    I will say this, a quick glance at his pic reminds me of the old pictures of years gone by of Chairman Mao. I suspect that's the vibe many are picking up on. Just my opinion/observation.

Something whatever likes this.
  8. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    He is from finance and HR, which makes him likely to be a corporatist. I am sure he was appointed by shareholders to make shareholders happy. That does not make a good impression onto a community that likes Nintendo's products, but is turned off by their corporate policies.

That being said, he was NoA president when Reggie "Kickin' Ass" Fils-Aime was appointed VP of marketing. That has to count for something.

9. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Mario party....
    Make Nintendo party?

10. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    he is a business robot

11. nintendarium

nintendarium Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2015
    Maybe in 10 years , need more experience as CEO like iwata did with hal

EMP Knightmare likes this.
  12. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    I hope this new guy does a better job at taking down any Nintendo related videos. :P

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  13. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    I feel actually kinda relieved that this man worked with Metroid Prime, you know, one of the best Metroid games out there if not the best of all, and he also worked mostly with my favorite console, the Nintendo Gamecube (Coincidence of life, i was playing a gamecube game before i knew this, F-Zero GX) when it comes to games, i will totally love this guy if he decides to order a new F-Zero game, you know, that Nintendo franchise who is currently without games since the 7th generation, we (fans of F-Zero) went through some trouble, especially when the only character most people know about this series is Captain Falcon.

But well, it can't be worse than Kid Icarus, that series didn't received a game until 20 years later, but well, back to the topic of this president, i'm eager to see what he will offer to the company, hey!, he may give an E3 of quality games the next year, we never know!.

14. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    C-137
    With Nintendo killing future technology like YouTube sharing and being obstinate with region locking, Nintendo needs MOAR OLDE PEOPLE. They're totally open to change right? :glare:

Same company. Worse CEO

Hopefully his metroid experience will pay off.... As in we'll see a actual fucking metroid game. Not that federation force sploodge shit excuse for using the metroid IP name.

Margen67 likes this.
  15. Margen67

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    hey its nintendo so its justified1!1!1! /s

16. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    I don't know why everyone is being so negative, look at that face, this is clearly a man who likes to party! I've never seen such an expression of mischevious fun!

[​IMG]

17. WiiU

WiiU Lurking in the Shadows

May 7, 2014
    Between worlds of Hyrule & Lorule
    Margen67 likes this.
  18. Margen67

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    How can you go wrong with the guy from Brain Age?
    [​IMG]

Tomato Hentai and VinsCool like this.
  19. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nintendo's fate is sealed already. Either the NX is good or they really are doomed. (Or at least in very big trouble).

TheKawaiiDesu and Margen67 like this.
  20. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Here is a picture of him smiling.

[​IMG]
    Yeah... he looks a bit old to be running a company tbh. He looks older in that picture.