New Nintendo President Appointed

Nintendo_TatsumiKimishima.jpg

A replacement for the late Satoru Iwata has been named by Nintendo. His replacement will be former head of human resources 65 year old Tatsumi Kimishima, who also held the title of former head of North American Operations. His other roles in the company include former Pokemon Company Chief Financial Officer and former president of Pokemon USA. Kimishima has also been credited in several Nintendo games including several Mario Party titles, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Metroid Prime.

:arrow: Tatsumi Kimishima Wikipedia Profile

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I can imagine the situation:

Kimishima: Hey Fukuyama!, where the fuck are my Metroid and F-Zero games?
Fukuyama: Well sir, we haven't started that yet, we offered the last year Amiibo Festival and Federation Force, is that good enough?
Kimishama: No!, we need new games, if not, i'm gonna call certain relatives of mine...
Fukuyama: Ehh... Alright everyone!, change of plans, we are gonna make new games right now.
Develop Staff: Why?
Fukuyama: Don't ask, just do, is for everyone's safety...

But as i said, a new F-Zero game is all i need for the moment, nothing else.

more in the lines of..

*the phone rings*
Vlatko Andonov (President of Bethesda) : hello
Kimishima: You, Me, next The Elder Scrolls on the Wii U
Vlatko Andonov : Wii U isnt strong enough for The Elder Scrolls Mr. Kimishima
Kimishima: Ill give you an offer you cant refuse...
Vlatko Andonov : no amount of money will allow a port of the next The Elder Scrolls, BYE!

*Vlatko Andonov wakes up the next morning, something next to him*
Vlatko Andonov: JESUS fucking CHRIST
*Shadowmere head in his bed*

kimishima_thumb.jpg

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, this is a very conservative move. It is also a very logical move considering how good his resume is here.

He lead Pokemon Company which till now still maintain one if not the strongest gaming IP staying strong.

He also hold NoA during Gamecube and Gameboy Advance era which shows how good he is as America at that time is the biggest market for both GBA and Gamecube.

He also stays longer in America which can help on communicating to the worldwide market and bringing Nintendo into more world wide market rather than being too focused on Japan.

He also had long experience working in Sanwa Bank which would allow him to more conscious on taking business moves.

The only thing i really hope won't happen is him forcing himself to do Direct here. Direct should be done by people who are actually really close to gaming development team. I would not want to see him doing something he is not suited at all as his face here is.......sadly kinda like Yamauchi which of course looks kinda like yakuza lol.^_^

http://static.seattletimes.com...

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm super excited for Nintendo. What a great choice! I don't think there is an advantage to Nintendo hiring youth for a CEO. Nintendo needs experience and wisdom right now instead of energy and excitement. Kimishima's experience with Pokemon is very important. I think experience with the Pokemon franchise business model is perfect for Nintendo's future. Nintendo's choice points that Nintendo is more interested with casual gamers and Nintendo fans than hardcore games.

Reactions: Deleted User

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
more in the lines of..

*the phone rings*
Vlatko Andonov (President of Bethesda) : hello
Kimishima: You, Me, next The Elder Scrolls on the Wii U
Vlatko Andonov : Wii U isnt strong enough for The Elder Scrolls Mr. Kimishima
Kimishima: Ill give you an offer you cant refuse...
Vlatko Andonov : no amount of money will allow a port of the next The Elder Scrolls, BYE!

*Vlatko Andonov wakes up the next morning, something next to him*
Vlatko Andonov: JESUS fucking CHRIST
*Shadowmere head in his bed*

kimishima_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile, at Activision.
Eric Hirshberg: So everyone, we received a call of Kimishima, right now, he asked us to publish all of our games, including Star Wars: Battlefront on the Wii U
Staff team: Nah, just ignore him, we aren't going to work with them.
Eric Hirshberg: It's true, it's not like Ninjas were crossing on our houses right now

*5 minutes later*

bNzmIyS.jpg

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just a heads up, Tatsumi Kimishima's president position wasn't the only thing announced. Shigeru Miyamoto is now Creative Fellow and Genyo Takeda is now Technology Fellow. This is quite logical as Miyamoto created quite a few iconic Nintendo IPs, while Takeda was one of the reasons why the Wii sold so well Stateside.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up, Tatsumi Kimishima's president position wasn't the only thing announced. Shigeru Miyamoto is now Creative Fellow and Genyo Takeda is now Technology Fellow. This is quite logical as Miyamoto created quite a few iconic Nintendo IPs, while Takeda was one of the reasons why the Wii sold so well Stateside.

Wait, did i read that right "Miyamoto is now Creative Fellow", dude, i respect Miyamoto, his work is amazing and it changed the perceptive of how many gamers should be right now, but, amazing as he is, if he has the same mentality he had with Sticker Star, by changing completely the game into a linear mess, with a plot out straight from a New Super Mario Bros game, then we have problems, and Splatoon was a remarkable hit on the Wii U, and that's one of the few games developed by EAD where Miyamoto was silent this time.

So, his influence is good, the way how he creates things is pretty phenomenal, but i'm worried about anything he can do the poor Paper Mario, he is now handled by Alpha Dream (Paper Jam), so i have confidence that they will do a great job.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm curious to see what he'll bring to the table. Considering he's worked in the NA side of things, he isn't the worst choice for a promotion. However, since nearly nobody knows of him, we'll all have to see what comes of Iwata's successor and where he decides to take the company. I really do hope it's in a better direction though, Nintendo has really been dropping the ball as of late.

Besides, he'll probably have better English skills since he has worked here, so there's less of a language barrier between the business end of things and the fans.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious to see what he'll bring to the table. Considering he's worked in the NA side of things, he isn't the worst choice for a promotion. However, since nearly nobody knows of him, we'll all have to see what comes of Iwata's successor and where he decides to take the company. I really do hope it's in a better direction though, Nintendo has really been dropping the ball as of late.

Besides, he'll probably have better English skills since he has worked here, so there's less of a language barrier between the business end of things and the fans.
I'm surprised that he was actually NoA president for FOUR years before Reggie. Then again, it was the early 2000's and I think more people were focused on the games and NOT who the CEO/President/whoever was in charge of Nintendo at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls